+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    My votes went for Lisa and Jerry tonight with George getting 1 internet vote and Tia getting 1 internet vote.
    I thought they were all good, with the exception of you-know-who!!!
    Even my son who has been a die hard vote for P every week guy gave Jerry 3 votes tonight...that's a start!!!
    The main thing that pissed me off tonight was when Samantha was backstage interviewing Ashley and P and all P could do was try and promote his new CD....... give me a freakin' break...........!!!! God bless Ashley's heart...she tries...Lord knows she tries....she stands there and smiles that plastered smile you get when you want to kick someone and she stands there with that plastered smile while her team gets blasted and given L-O-W scores...she's a consummate professional. I hope she's back next year with someone really great!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    Ashly is taking P to UTAH?

Well that whole family thing was cute.
    Dayum! P was in Salt Lake within a couple of blocks of me, and I missed it. I never have any luck.

I really was crushed that I missed seeing the Amazing Race foks, though.

ETA: I felt kind of sorry for P (except when he was plugging his stupid CD--ARGGH!). He looked kind of hurt and really uncomfortable when the judges were raking him over the coals. I'm sure that nothing would make him happier than to get off of this show at this point.

P actually did look like he was trying (at least in the beginning of the dance). He totally sucks, but he's finally gotten up to Kenny Mayne's level, and seeing him try some moves and look so awkward gave me the best laugh I had all night--well, except for some of George's lines.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 01-27-2006 at 02:17 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Amazingly they actually got music that was apropriate for the dance. Will wonders never cease?
    I liked this song better when Jessica Rabit sung it in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    An american matador. Where is he doing his matadoring around here? Isn't injuring animals for sport illegal? At least it should be!
    I agree with the "should be illegal" part, but I'm guessing that some folks in Mexico and South America might be a bit miffed that you think the U.S. is the only country in America. (Canadians, too, but I'm pretty sure there's no bull-fighting there. )
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey
    P remaining in this show is illustrating the fallacy of viewer voting if you seek other than a popularity vote or a statement in viewer control for fun.

I don't think this is a bad thing. It will force shows who wish to award a prize for skill to eliminate viewer participation. That is all.

One thing we know for sure; this is the last season for Dancing with the Stars! The judges feel mocked and are not pleased that their jobs are not being taken seriously.

In the end it is just entertainment.

My vote went for George & Edyta - Not bad at all.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I also missed Stacy's dance, but want to say once again that her partner is a jerk and too short to partner her.
    I think Stacy is lucky to have him. He is obviously a master choreographer, and he presents her extremely well.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Everyone seemed to have stepped up their game this week. Good performances by most of them. Drew was fantastic. Stacey and Lisa were really good too.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I agree with the "should be illegal" part, but I'm guessing that some folks in Mexico and South America might be a bit miffed that you think the U.S. is the only country in America. (Canadians, too, but I'm pretty sure there's no bull-fighting there. )
    I'm well up on my geography and never claimed that the U.S. is the only country in America. He had an "american" accent as far as I could tell and like it or not, when you say American most people think of a person living/born in the United States of America and not of people born in Mexico or Chile, which are referred to South American. I'm European by the way, and whenever we say American, we also mean USA, correct or not.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I want to give P points for trying, I really do...but when he clomps around like that I can't. There's no snap to his step, no facial expression beyond a look of boredom.

*sigh* I'm sure he'll be back next week, however.
    Did I hear right that he's only practiced for 20 hours? Total?

I'd say he's so not trying it isn't even funny. If he were trying and still sucking and not using the time to promote his new CD or whatever, I might give him some credit.

I'm afraid George is going to be the next one sacraficed for this clod...and at least George brings some humor to the show.

+ Reply to Thread