+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    No one deserves to go home before P, they're all 10x better.

Giselle Jonathan One of my fave couples

Premium Member
    Giselle was very gracious. I loved the "mean judges" comment.

I am so angered!! GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan View Post
    Thank goodness Drew is staying. This show is so pathetic, I don't think the public should even vote anymore, this is nuts! Worse than any show I've seen (for the voting).
    But Drew gets a lot of public support too. People like Giselle and Tia get screwed by public voting, not Drew.

P just needs to quietly go away and get off our TVs though. Drew? Has nothing to worry about in terms of lots of "eeeeeeeeeee" voting.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On February 1st and 8th at 8PM eastern time, PBS is having professional ballroom dancing competition....America's Ballroom Challenge.

That at least will not raise my blood pressure as much.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

In the short time I've seen him, gotta say I really like P Miller.

However, he should've gone home tonight.

To echo another poster above: IMHO, it was Les' big mouth/bluntness that kept him on tonight.

Loved the "Rocky" segment w/ the pro dancers. Loved the breakdancing.

Let's see if Les learns anything from these results tonight!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I caught some of the show tonight including the end. What the hell? How could Master P. survive another round of elimination? Although I did say yesterday that he will stay, I'm still mad.
    They are definitely keeping him along for the controversy factor because I can't believe there are enough idiots out there who would vote for this bozo to keep him around week after week.

Last season they said the show was rigged. Now it's an absolute 100% certainty that it's rigged.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    I caught some of the show tonight including the end. What the hell? How could Master P. survive another round of elimination? Although I did say yesterday that he will stay, I'm still mad.
    They are definitely keeping him along for the controversy factor because I can't believe there are enough idiots out there who would vote for this bozo to keep him around week after week.
    It's simple.

Their formula is that the public is 50%. The biggest vote getter gets the equivalent of a perfect "30" score, I believe, which is combined with whatever they got from the judges. The other "places" are rated somewhat lower, although I don't really recall the exact formula.

So it's not that hard to recover from getting the lowest judge score. Lets say, each judge gave P a 1, for a total score of 3 out of 30. Worst case, right?

Combine that with a virtual "30", from getting the best public vote. Now P's got a 33/60.

Now lets assume that the 2nd to last place person from the judge voting got a 12/30, as opposed to P's theoretical 3. So he or she got much better than P. But in the public voting they got the least. While we don't know the exact amount for last place, lets put a good face on it and grant 15 points for it (it's likely much lower). Even in that case, this person winds up with 27/60, as opposed to P's 33/60.

In other words, if P gets first place in public voting, there's absolutely no way he can get kicked off the show.

Now if P gets 2nd or 3rd place in public voting, and if the other judged contestants all have scores that are at least in the 22-24 point range, that might start to change things.

I'm just saying that if the public is stupid, Ps got lots of chances to stay, no matter how bad he stinks. The judges can only hedge their bets by not only lowballing P, but also pumping the other scores up.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Thanks for the breakdown, Krom!

Makes sense!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I can't believe P stays another week. How utterly stupid.

+ Reply to Thread