Ranked 2nd in the US

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Tia Carrere

STATS:
    Style: Latin
    Nationality: Russian
    Based in: New Jersey
    Status: Recently split from his partner, looking for a new one

BACKGROUND:
    Born and raised in Russia, Maksim moved to the U.S. 14 years ago. He has been dancing since the age of four when his parents decided he needed a hobby. Like many boys, he wanted to play football and run around with his friends, instead of being partnered with girls and traveling to competitions, so dancing was not something he enjoyed at the beginning.

As Max got older and began to appreciate the competitive ballroom dancing world, he became determined to pass on his knowledge and love for dance to young children and teenagers throughout the world. Max opened Rising Stars Dance Academy and before long the dance floor was packed with kids who wanted to grow up to be just like him. Max spends countless hours at the New Jersey studio preparing the students for competitions both physically and mentally. His passion for dancing, dedication to being a full-time coach, and his commitment to his students has made Rising Stars Dance Academy a home to national and international champions known throughout the world. Max is an inspiration not only to his students but also to all competitive dancers.

DANCING:
    Besides being ranked 7th in the world of Professional Dancers and focusing on his own career, he is also very busy promoting dancing. Max is one of the creators and on the board of directors of Dance Team USA, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing opportunities to American Youth in mind, body, and spirit. Dance Team USA educated and trains America's youth on the world stage and Max feels this is a great start to getting this art and sport the publicity it deserves.

This guy is probably the best dancer on the show this year. I would love to see him dance Paso with one of the professional ladies. As a former amateur competitor (who was never any good - but I had fun) he is one of my favorites to watch.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

Quote Originally Posted by drkim View Post
    This guy is probably the best dancer on the show this year. I would love to see him dance Paso with one of the professional ladies. As a former amateur competitor (who was never any good - but I had fun) he is one of my favorites to watch.
    Don't forget he is one of the hottest guys i ever seen

He is definitely a hottie - very masculine with that sexy accent. He was very sweet to Tia and a real gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    He is definitely a hottie - very masculine with that sexy accent. He was very sweet to Tia and a real gentleman.
    Maxs is such a sweetheart and cares about his fans. Check out his official website at:
    http://www.maksimchmerkovskiy.com/

He just posted a personal note just last week.
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

+ Reply to Thread