+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tia Carrere-Celebrity Dancer

FORT Fanatic

Tia Carrere - Celebrity Dancer (Season 2)

from abc.com

PROFESSION:
    Actress

PARTNER:
    Max Chmerkovskiy

BACKGROUND:
    Born Althea Janairo in Honolulu to parents of Hawaiian, Chinese, Spanish and Filipino descent, Tia (named by her younger sister who couldn't pronounce her name) grew up dreaming of becoming a singer. Her career in showbiz started at the tender age of 17 when she was discovered in a local grocery store, landing herself the lead part in the movie Aloha Summer.

CAREER:
    Tia moved to Los Angeles and, and after a stint on General Hospital was offered a part on Baywatch, which she turned down so she could audition for Wayne's World (1992).

Carrere won the part of rock chick 'Cassandra' opposite Mike Myers, a role that lead to international recognition (and male adoration). Still a passionate singer, Tia provided all of Cassandra's vocals in the movie and soon after released a solo album, Dream, in 1993.

Tia went on to star opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in True Lies (1994), and more recently in three seasons of the hit TV show Relic Hunter (1999-2002). She recently voiced the part of 'Nani' in Lilo and Stitch, and 'Queen Tyrani' in Duck Dodgers.

Carrere has been named one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1992).

PERSONAL:
    Tia is married to husband Simon Wakelin. She recently gave birth to their first child, Bianca.
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 01-08-2006 at 12:31 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    even though she didn't get the highest score, my 10 votes went to her.

and ya gotta give the woman props. She had a baby a month an a half ago. What woman in there right minds would wanna go out on tv not lookin their best, and Tia maybe added pressure, cus she knows the pressures to be thin and all that jazz. So i give a good to her.

FORT Fanatic
    She looked still good anyway. Very pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post

BACKGROUND:
    Born Althea Janairo in Honolulu to parents of Hawaiian, Chinese, Spanish and Filipino descent, Tia (named by her younger sister who couldn't pronounce her name) grew up dreaming of becoming a singer. Her career in showbiz started at the tender age of 17 when she was discovered in a local grocery store, landing herself the lead part in the movie Aloha Summer.

Heh, so are we to guess that Tia was not named for the first several years of her life because her parents were waiting to have another kid so the new kid could name her? Or should we just assume that someone goofed when writing this article?

Edit - Oops, nevermind! I get it now! Duh. Perhaps it's just too late for me to be posting tonight!
    Last edited by talula; 01-07-2006 at 01:44 AM.

Tia looks amazing given the fact that the woman just gave birth!!

I hope to see great improvement in her as the weeks go on!!

FORT Fan
    me too psyco, I want her to make it to at least final 3 with Stacy

FORT Fanatic
    she is my favorite right now

Tia went on to star opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in True Lies (1994)
    Who can forget her tango with Arnold in True Lies?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    Heh, so are we to guess that Tia was not named for the first several years of her life because her parents were waiting to have another kid so the new kid could name her? Or should we just assume that someone goofed when writing this article?

Edit - Oops, nevermind! I get it now! Duh. Perhaps it's just too late for me to be posting tonight!
    There's no contradiction in what jman79 posted. Her real name is Althea. Tia was a nickname she adopted, based on her sister mispronouncing and shortening her name. AL-TIA. Like that. It's not an uncommon thing to happen.

I remember watching her on that lame syndicated Tomb-Raider-like syndicated TV show "Relic Hunter" a few years ago. The show sucked, but was slightly watchible because SHE was in it.

She's raking in the Disney cash now, just for doing voice work. Good for her.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-09-2006 at 07:31 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast