+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: P.Miller (AKA Master P) - Celebrity Dancer

I was really fearful coming into this thread. Usually, if there's an Under Dog in a reality TV show, the thread representing them is so fawningly positive and supportive that I need to take another shot of insulin.

What a relief that the majority of posters here are calling P out for the Under-Dawg that he is!

I don't care what race a contestant is. But, when you enter a show, from The Apprentice to American Idol, the premise behind it is that you really, really (Sally-Fieldesqe) want to WIN the shows prize and therefore put in a massive amount of suck-up into doing so. As someone above said, the wrester isn't dancing with her wrestling shoes on and neither is the football player. They are contestants...on a DANCING SHOW...that agreed to be on it for the fun and challenge of winning it. P reminds me of that stroppy character in THE BREAKFAST CLUB who had such a "F__k EVERYONE" attitude and expected the world to bow to him, vs. the other way around.

The other contestants that have been voted off have been done a disservice. They really, truly tried their hardest while P is shuffling along, gaining sympathy votes. If I were a contestant on the show, I'd go to the producers and give them an ultimatum: Cut the P Deadwood or I quit! When the judges are saying "You NEED to leave!", it truly is time to go.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think he got kept around again because the judge said, "You NEED to leave,". I honestly think this is a rebellious vote! The shoes and the hat aside, I think he is putting in more effort...........the man just can't dance. Dancing shoes will not help him. Some people 'just ain't got it'! I think he was as shocked as everyone else!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can't believe he's still on the show!! He should have been gone the first or second show. I wanted to scream this last week when they let Giselle go instead of him! He must have a lot of family and friends voting because this is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    I was really fearful coming into this thread. Usually, if there's an Under Dog in a reality TV show, the thread representing them is so fawningly positive and supportive that I need to take another shot of insulin.

What a relief that the majority of posters here are calling P out for the Under-Dawg that he is!
    I suppose people are entitled to their opinions, but I must say I agree. Somebody has to EARN my respect. They don't get it simply by existing.

And in the case of a skill based contest, even if they earn my respect through effort (and I debate that P has been trying much harder, I think at best he's just trying to save face), that's not the same thing as earning my endorsement, or my vote. And while I understand why people occasionally vote for contestants based on empathy instead of skill, I lose a little bit of respect for the person who thinks that way as well. Feel bad for the person all you want. Cheer their efforts and post "great try"! Buy their albums or watch their movies. But does all that manifestation of support for a beloved figure the same as wanting them to usurp a contest of skill? Nope.

I'll use the example of Jerry Rice. I love the guy to death. I WANT him to do well. But last week he showed that he was only average in this contest? Am I dissapointed? Sure. Did I vote for him? No. I love the guy, but he didn't deserve it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

MRD
    [QUOTE=Krom;1746241]I suppose people are entitled to their opinions, but I must say I agree. Somebody has to EARN my respect. They don't get it simply by existing.

And in the case of a skill based contest, even if they earn my respect through effort (and I debate that P has been trying much harder, I think at best he's just trying to save face), that's not the same thing as earning my endorsement, or my vote. And while I understand why people occasionally vote for contestants based on empathy instead of skill, I lose a little bit of respect for the person who thinks that way as well. Feel bad for the person all you want. Cheer their efforts and post "great try"! Buy their albums or watch their movies. But does all that manifestation of support for a beloved figure the same as wanting them to usurp a contest of skill? Nope.

QUOTE]

But if people use looks, and propaganda or just einy meeny miny moe when voting for something as important as our US president, what makes you think they will change their voting strategies for contestants on a reality show based on skill?

I have friends that voted for Bush because they disliked Kerry's hair. Now THAT is an EXTREMELY important attribute when deciding who will run one of the most powerful nations in the world. (oh, and I use the term friend loosely as I hate to associate with someone who doesn't get informed before making an important decision)

Voting is ALWAYS a popularity contest and is rarely about it should be about: the best person winning.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I suppose people are entitled to their opinions, but I must say I agree. Somebody has to EARN my respect. They don't get it simply by existing.

But if people use looks, and propaganda or just einy meeny miny moe when voting for something as important as our US president, what makes you think they will change their voting strategies for contestants on a reality show based on skill?

I have friends that voted for Bush because they disliked Kerry's hair. Now THAT is an EXTREMELY important attribute when deciding who will run one of the most powerful nations in the world. (oh, and I use the term friend loosely as I hate to associate with someone who doesn't get informed before making an important decision)

Voting is ALWAYS a popularity contest and is rarely about it should be about: the best person winning, whether its reality TV or National elections.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

Voting is ALWAYS a popularity contest and is rarely about it should be about: the best person winning, whether its reality TV or National elections.
    "Is" and "should be" are two different things. Sure, "should be" isn't very realistic, but one can hope, can't one?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    And you can keep hoping.......but I don't see it ever changing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post

And in the case of a skill based contest, even if they earn my respect through effort (and I debate that P has been trying much harder, I think at best he's just trying to save face), that's not the same thing as earning my endorsement, or my vote. . . .

(Emphasis mine.)

He seemed to enter the competition with an 'I am too cool for this' attitude. (Perhaps in an effort to maintain his reputation/street cred?) Instead, he seems to finally be realizing that he will maintain or gain respect by respecting the competition for what it is. Rather than be embarassed to be seen doing something he thinks of as uncool, he could have had the attitude, "This is cool just because I am doing it."

In any case, too little, too late. The man can't ballroom dance. A better attitude, like Evander's last year, would have been a bit of a saving grace. Not even putting on ballroom shoes and personally dancing with Katrina victims will convince me that he needs to advance one more week on this show.

FORT Newbie
    I honestly cannot see the entainment value in this fool, He constantly lands in last place in Judges scoring, yet last week he was 4th overall in cobined scoring. Is America that brainwashed on this idiot. He is playing the Katrina card shows how pathetic he is, if he was interested in helping victims of the Hurricane he can either:
    1. Take this more seriously and dress in proper attire, what's with the Hat and shoes, he wanna show what a bad a@@ rap star he is.

2. Donate his own money from record sales, wait he's a washed up rap star without a hit in years.

3. Donate his time and help rebuilding with Habitat for Humanity for the gulf coast region, but that involves work and God forbid Pee Miller gets dirty and have to work for a living.

My advice to the 3 Judges give 3 zeros and make it harder for him to advance, it's the only way we are gonna get rid of this idiot.

+ Reply to Thread