+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: P.Miller (AKA Master P) - Celebrity Dancer

He just wanted himself to "look good" or something by mentioning Katrina. He's not doing them or anyone else any good or favors by giving the "shout out". I'm glad he was interrupted by the host. I can't remember what was said but, I do remember it was a good response!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Votes are frequently not about what they are supposed to be about, so there is nothing new with that. That's why this show, and others like it are ridiculous, but it gets the public involved and keeps people watching. Just think American Idol. Same situation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm not a fan of Master P in general, but he wasn't trying to just "look good" by mentioning Hurricane Katrina. He's a native of New Orleans (as is his wife) and he and many family members lost their homes in New Orleans during the disaster. (He has a home in LA as well, I believe.) He set up a relief effort, that is still on-going, http://www.teamrescueone.com/

I don't think the man is much of a dancer, and I don't think he has had a good attitude about wearing the correct shoes or putting his best effort forward in this competition...but I don't doubt his concern about the Hurricane Katrina disaster, or his willingness to help those affected.

I think he could do a MUCH better job of "representing" or whatever in this competition, as far as the dancing goes, and that's what it is, a dancing competition. I think what he's doing for hurricane victims (through that website, and however else) is great, but I don't think it's any reason to vote for him in a dancing competition.
    Last edited by suncat7; 01-15-2006 at 11:17 PM.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fanatic
    Elisabeth whatersname, The View's right wing Survivor bug eater who is married to a football player, was urging everyone to vote for P on The View last week. She seemed to think that his lack of dancing ability or background meant that he should get pity votes. I really can't stand her.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Votes are frequently not about what they are supposed to be about, so there is nothing new with that. That's why this show, and others like it are ridiculous, but it gets the public involved and keeps people watching. Just think American Idol. Same situation.
    Unfortunately is may not be NEW....but it certainly if not RIGHT!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I agree......it is not RIGHT. It is just what happens. Ideals are one thing. Reality is another.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The votes are supposed to be for the DANCING. Anyone who is voting for this person does not have a clue as to what the show is about. I will not watch again until this person is gone. He could learn a lot from Jerry Rice.
    Personally, I think it's about entertainment. If it were just about the dancing, then only those people who are ballroom dancers or ballroom dancing judges should be able to vote.

I don't know beans about dancing, ballroom or otherwise. I haven't voted, and I probably won't, because it's just a fun show for me to watch and I'm not all invested in who wins. However, if I did vote, it would be for the celebrity/couple who entertained me the most.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill View Post
    Elisabeth whatersname, The View's right wing Survivor bug eater who is married to a football player, was urging everyone to vote for P on The View last week. She seemed to think that his lack of dancing ability or background meant that he should get pity votes. I really can't stand her.
    Definitely agree. However, in this case, I kind of hope it works out that he has to stay on the show longer - since I get the impression he doesn't really want to be there. That's the only saving grace each week he doesn't get booted. He doesn't look like he's having a good time, he doesn't act like he's enjoying himself, so I say make him stay longer and make more of a fool of himself. Of course, this probably means he'll end up winning, but then, any show which involves public voting never ends up as I'd prefer, anyhow.

Hey All... I went on The Smoking Gun website because I was hoping I would find out more about the contract that Romeo signed that allowed his dad to dance for him. Instead it had an article about Master P's felony gun possession from last year. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...2millers1.html

After the shoe-throwing incident, I didn't think I could feel any sorrier for Ashly. Guess I was wrong...
    Shaken, not stirred.

This guy is an insult to the rest of the dancers who really want to be there and are trying hard to perform. And . . he is an insult to those who have been booted so far (and were really enjoying the show). But the worst insult of all is being made to that poor little girl who is trying to teach this guy to dance, has to show up with him each week and try to put a good face on it, and has to endure his rude behavior and complete lack of manners while keeping a smile on her face. She should get a reward and hopefully he will get booted off so she can relax and not have to face this jerk again. The people who are voting for him should get a clue and save his partner any more embarrassment.

+ Reply to Thread