+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2629650;
    Maybe its because those people who dislike her find anything to hate her even more?

About Samantha mentioning the fainting for example, to me it just sounded like she was making a joke about it and I really didn't think it was out of line or rude or anything. But alot of people seemed to have taken offense with her with that.

I don't hate Samantha Harris. I don't know her, I can't possibly hate her. I find her lacking as a host. That's not about hate. That's about finding her lacking as a host. I thought she was fine on, The View today.

I took offense with her "joke" because it was offensive and tasteless, imo.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

I don't hate Samantha. I've met her. She seems really nice in person. She just isn't as glib as Tom and she oftens tries to be "funny" but it doesn't come out right. She asks questions and makes comments at times that are offense and divisive. I don't think she intends her comments to be that way, she just isn't quick on her feet, when it comes to small talk.

Not everyone has the ability to be beautiful and incredibly witty. Unfortunately, Samantha only has one of those qualities and it isn't the latter.
    Tahoe bound....

To the Point

I think Samantha is probably a lovely person, however, she does a less than stellar job as co-host of this show. I've never thought she added anything and since Drew had the opportunity to fill-in while she was out, I think she actually detracts from the show. I've read nothing here to indicate that anyone "hates" her as a person, there are just a whole lot of folks who feel she does an inadequate job as co-host.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2629853;
    I think Samantha is probably a lovely person, however, she does a less than stellar job as co-host of this show. I've never thought she added anything and since Drew had the opportunity to fill-in while she was out, I think she actually detracts from the show. I've read nothing here to indicate that anyone "hates" her as a person, there are just a whole lot of folks who feel she does an inadequate job as co-host.
    imo, Drew definitely started adding to the show with his commentary, etc. in a way that pointed out Samantha's weakness when she came back. Had Drew grown to do such a good job Sam wouldn't be looking so bad in comparison. Drew brought something to the job that Samantha just doesn't seem capable of doing, jmo. Maybe the secret is using a former celeb competitor. Drew seemed to really connect with the dancers and Samantha just doesn't seem to have the personal relationship with at least this crop of celebs, this results in more awkward comments. Samantha has chosen a very competitive field and just isn't cutting it in many viewers, including my, opinion.

Samantha was the guest co-host of the View today. She apparently also works for E! Entertainment.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2631177;
    Samantha was the guest co-host of the View today. She apparently also works for E! Entertainment.
    If I'm not mistaken, she had the E! Entertainment job before she had the DWTS job.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2631767;
    If I'm not mistaken, she had the E! Entertainment job before she had the DWTS job.
    Thanks Bama, I just couldn't remember which job she'd had. I guess my point was to her fans that she was doing just fine and that she had a day job to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2629669;
    I don't hate Samantha Harris. I don't know her, I can't possibly hate her. I find her lacking as a host. That's not about hate. That's about finding her lacking as a host. I thought she was fine on, The View today.

I took offense with her "joke" because it was offensive and tasteless, imo.
    Ok maybe not hate, but how about dislike then? Alot of people dislike her. I can agree she's not the greatest and sometimes her questions make me go 'huh?', but to me overall she isn't as bad as alot of people make her out to be.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2635375;
    Ok maybe not hate, but how about dislike then? Alot of people dislike her. I can agree she's not the greatest and sometimes her questions make me go 'huh?', but to me overall she isn't as bad as alot of people make her out to be.
    I don't like her hosting. It's not dislike of her personality. It's not her person. It's the way she hosts.

I am comfortable disliking the way someone does their job without making it a personal vendetta.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Note to Samantha: Please disappear from my TV screen for good.

+ Reply to Thread