+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Finale Show Discussion**Spoilers**

It's a good thing it's just a TV show and this isn't the way awards are handed out in real life. Imagine awarding a college scholarship to a "most improved" high school student who had been making F's and D's but managed to pull it up to a B- by the end of the year, and another student who consistently scored A's and B's gets nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    I don't think that John losing is what most of us are irked about. It's about ABC's blatant flaunting of dishonesty that has me irked. There is simply no way in anyone's honest stretch of their wildest imagination that the last dance was a perfect-score dance.
    Nemeses, I would agree with you if this were the case of a professional dancing competition. However, this show is about entertainment. When the judges rated John and Charlotte's freestyle dance, they said they loved it. Therefore, they gave it 9's. However, when they saw Kelly and Alec's dance, they said it was the best of THE WHOLE SHOW. Clearly, they liked K and A's dance better than J and C's, whether there were mistakes or not. In that case, they had to give it a higher score. What is higher than 9's? 10's.

Perfect 10's to me, no mistakes, no room for improvement, a flawless performance. It was good entertainment, but not worthy of 10's across the board. Once that score was posted, I knew they won. The judges clearly sucked. A Vegas-style showgirl beat out the ballroom dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by critter
    Perfect 10's to me, no mistakes, no room for improvement, a flawless performance. It was good entertainment, but not worthy of 10's across the board. Once that score was posted, I knew they won. The judges clearly sucked. A Vegas-style showgirl beat out the ballroom dancers.
    Since they were all supposed to be amateurs , by rights, no one should have gotten tens or nines either I wouldn't think. The judges made their mistake when they gave nines to John. If they'd been more realiatic about his performance then they wouldn't have need the tens. No one gave a ten performance but I also didn't see what I would have considered nines across the board.

Like most of you, I was totally disgusted with the results. I used to dance ballroom and don't remember seeing one dance where Kelly actually did the steps the dance called for.

I think that the audience votes favored John and Charlotte and, for ABC to get their desired result, the judges had no choice but to give Kelly her undeserved 10s.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by cajro62
    Just out of curiousity... How many of you have had dance lessons or perform professionally as a dancers? On a daily basis I do work with dancers. First of all, to those of you who think that doing lifts are easy- not as easy as you think.. you 've got the trust issue.. you do have to prep before the lift or else someone will hurt their backs- I personally know a few dancers who can no longer perform as dancers due to numerous injuries.
    John's lift of Charlotta- not very clean, he had difficulty. Their final dance was too safe and boring- Hate the mugging-it shows how untalented you are.
    He kept bragging of how he was going to win and I thought oooh boy that's when you get beat.

Kelly and Alec- I expected the same score after the 1st dance. They did a GREAT job on the Freestyle. I loved the fact that the used the ENTIRE space for their number, it was energetic and very very hot. They were willing to take some risks.
    I do not think this was rigged. It is actually illegal to do so according to the FCC. If you think that this was rigged might as well admit that TAR 7 was rigged too ;-) JMO
    I don't recall John "bragging" that he was going to win--I recall him saying that he very much WANTED to win.

On the lifts: yes, they are difficult--but for whom? I would bet it was much more difficult for amateur John to execute a lift with Charlotte, than for big professional Alec to sling around tiny Kelly, simply because of size, let alone technique. As Len said, it was much more difficult for the male celebrities.

IMHO, if any performance last night should have gotten 10s, it was John and Charlotte's quick step.

You know why I can't accept the "fixed" theory is this. If an ABC star had to win, why not limit the participants to ABC stars? There are certainly enough people there who could compete and then the winner would certainly be one of their own. I can't see them going to all the trouble of putting the show on just to showcase one of their stars.

FORT Fanatic
    I can.

But why would they Estella? They don't want to lose you and others as a viewer. Why run the risk of losing most of you (from what I read). And if so, why chose Kelly? Aren't there bigger and better stars at ABC?

I don't necessarily think the show was rigged for Kelly to win simply because she's an ABC star. I think they probably chose her to win since it would provide the best story, with the most drama. They probably liked her sexy image as well.

+ Reply to Thread