+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Finale Show Discussion**Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    I find nothing out of the way in kelly's mode of dress for the latin dances. She is quite in keeping with what most of the top female competitors wear. My question is how the keep those things up.

IMO the award should go to the "best" dancer and not the "most improved" dancer.

So I'll agree that Kelly is the most improved since the show started, but that doesn't make any difference to me... After all, two times zero still equals zero...

FORT Fanatic
    As usual, Dberk is right. I didnt like the elimination process either. Letting them all continue to the end would be fairer and give the dancers time to develop.

And ditch the audience voting to eliminate the "kelly" factor. Audiences dont get any say in judging the Olympics, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    I'll never watch this show again. Why bother? Next time they should just hire a stripper and be done with it.
    The costumes were the biggest beef I had with the show. One reason I like to watch dancing is to see the pretty clothes. I think that Rachel had the prettest clothes and they were much more attractive. I don't need the skimpy outfits to enjoy the dancing. They do cheapen the affair, to me.

And nilesgirl, I totally agree about Patrick Swayze. He isn't looking well at all. He isn't quite as spooky as Bert Reynolds, but close.
    Last edited by Muduh; 07-06-2005 at 10:25 PM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    PuhLease No More ABC Soap Stars on the next series! then we wont have to worry about any block voting or conspiracy theories, true or not (btw I think true) Kelly improved a lot but John was good from day one..
    Good plan. It seems there's credence to the theory that the soap fans mobilized and overwhelmed Kelly's ballot box, figuratively speaking. Apparently soap fans cannot separate their favorite actress from her dancing abilities. I thought Kelly was unfinished in many of her moves in the last dance. And their timing was off on that big lift at the end. HOW ON EARTH does that rate a 10? Were the judges throwing them mercy votes because they were sure John and Charlotte would win?

Which, of course, they should have. John and Charlotte were fun to watch. They were polished from the beginning. And dammit, they made me smile.

Insert your favorite string of flame-inducing epithets here, because that's exactly what's going through my head regarding the outcome of this series. I know it's just a TV show but I am disgusted.
    Last edited by Karennz; 07-06-2005 at 10:28 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    So not happy with the results...my poor is cowering in the corner of the room because of my little hissy fit that I have thrown.... there is no way in Hades that Kelly and Alec's last performance deserved 3 perfect 10's.... Give me a break...that performance was perfect???? Uhhh...not.......sheesh....... ...yes, she has improved...yes, her partner is a hottie...yes, she is pretty and has an awesome body..."perfect dancer"? Gimme a break..............John and Charlotte was robbed....

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

YAY!! Kelly won! I'm excited! I voted for her from day 1! GO KELLY!

wow...all my faves won the reality shows! lol... Naima won top model, Carrie won AI and now Kelly won DWTS. I hope Josh wins on Strip Search, I'll be a happy girl!

Karennz, maybe a lot of the viewers are like I am. I don't watch ABC Soaps, so that had no bearing on my choice. I just liked watching Kelly and her partner more. I don't know about late lifts and such, and probably there are many more like me. We just like what we see. I definitely thought that that last dance was the most fun to watch of any in the show.

Oh man, it's been 2 years probably since I've posted here and but I've been addicted to Dancing with the Stars so I had to come back to talk about the finale.

Kelly did improve alot and I will give her that but I wanted John and Charlotte to win...From what I saw, they were always consistent and he always made me chuckle.

Oh well I guess...

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    The costumes were the biggest beef I had with the show. One reason I like to watch dancing is to see the pretty clothes. I think that Rachel had the prettest clothes and they were much more attractive. I don't need the skimpy outfits to enjoy the dancing. They do cheapen the affair, to me.
    I'm with you, Muduh. I think Kelly's inclusion and her costumes were there to appeal to the younger demographics. Someone said Charlotte had such an 'old presence'....I thought she had a lot of elegance and style, which we dont see much of anywhere. Kelly's type....little bitty clothes, overt sexuality...we're awash in that.
    Hideous tacky trophy, too. I'm glad Kelly didnt win anything worth having.

The one good thing tonite....the commersh for Boston Legal, returning Aug. 9th. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

+ Reply to Thread