+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

The phone line for John & Charlotta has been busy. I haven't gotten through yet....

I liked Ashley. She is a cute girl and very graceful. Well, Joey is cute too, but I really enjoyed watching her.

Aww, I am so upset. The only team with real chemistry, Joey and Ashlee, and my favorites are no longer going to be dancing on my screen.

No one ever answered me

Is the prize for the final winner a trophy?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I didn't want them to leave either but I knew they would. John looked so natural dancing the Paso Doble. I think they will win this competition
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    No one ever answered me

I am guessing there will be money donated to the winner's charity of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    No one ever answered me

Yes. No big prize money.

Thanks for the answer, you two

I guess since this is the first time I've ever seen this show, and the show's website doesn't really say much, I'm having trouble understanding the concept. I think I just now grasped that it's the celebs who vying for wins, not their professional dance partners who are the ones vying for the wins. Odd concept for a reality show, but I'm enjoying it.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I mentioned this too, but if I understand it correctly, the man is the bullfighter and the woman the cape in this dance. If that's the case, throwing her around wouldn't be a bad thing. Right?
    That is a good point, but I still think as dancers both their movements should be controlled and deliberate
    I looked at the bullfighter-cape relationship more as an emphasis that this dance features the male partner since she is the "accessory"; the reverse of most dances.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    I've only seen 2 full episodes, and from what I've seen, John & Charlotte SHOULD win this thing. I'm a figure skating fan so I'm fairly familiar with most of these rhythms having watched ice dancing for years.

For the foxtrot, John & Charlotte had a classical foxtrot musical selection and danced it exactly like a foxtrot should be danced. Kelly & Alec had an acceptable foxtrot music selection and danced it well too, but definately not as well as John & Charlotte did. Joey & Ashly, while their "Hey Big Spender" music choice is considered a foxtrot, it is more of a modern foxtrot and I believe the judges were looking for an original foxtrot, something from what you would see in the early 1900s. Back then the tempo of the music was a lot slower for this particular dance and the music Joey & Ashly picked was more upbeat and basically changed the way the foxtrot should be danced. Had the music been slowed down, I think it would have been an acceptable dance.

The Paso Doble is the dance of the bull-fighter. The man is the bull-fighter and the woman represents the cape. John & Charlotte were the only dance team tonight who did a TRUE paso doble. Kelly & Alec and Joey & Ashly definately went for a more modern version. The judges didn't seem as nit-picky as they were for the modernized versions of the first dance though. Kelly & Alec's dance almost appeared to a Cha Cha or a Samba to me instead of a Paso Doble. However, it was danced nicely. And Joey & Ashly are in the same boat. Not the traditional music selection, but showed acceptable dancing.

I'm glad with the results. John & Charlotte are my picks to win. And I say that because I think they are the best. This is one of those shows where I really don't have a favorite; I like all the teams.

+ Reply to Thread