+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Hey dustparticle! I'm a former skater and skating judge (dance and singles), so it sounds like we have some similar interests. Nice to have another ice dancing/ballroom nerd around.

Anyway, I would actually consider Big Spender to be a Blues, albeit a slightly quick-tempoed one. I'm surprised the musical choices - and choreography - haven't been more appropriate.

Sad to hear Kelly "Boom-Boom" Monaco and partner are in the finals.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

dustparticle and jasmar, I am a big figure skating and ice dancing fan, too. I'm not terribly familiar with ballroom dancing, but every time I've stumbled across it on TV, I find myself mesmerized (although, fogey-like, I wish that the costumes weren't so skimpy, and that the makeup wasn't so heavy. Like my husband said, "What's with the shellacked hair?") Anyway, I've been really enjoying DWTS, although when the show was announced, I thought it sounded ridiculous.

I wonder what you think of Fox's "Skating with Celebrities"? There is an article in next week's TV Guide about it, although the writers didn't seem to understand that figure skating and ice dancing are two different disciplines, with different moves and different rules. As an avid skating fan, I will probably be there, despite the fact that I have a grudge against Fox.

Is it just my imagination that the judges seemed to be extra picky with Joey and Ashley---or am I just a poor looser

I thought Kelly was pulled around the dance floor waaaay too much (to keep her moving with the music)........... and Charlotte danced around actually covering John waaaay too much mmmmmmm????????
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fanatic
    Thank God John and Charlotte weren't eliminated - so sad for Joey and Ashly, but I think now they need to start dating because they look like a cute couple.
    As for Kelly, she's a sloppy dancer, and even the judges alluded to why they like her - she makes good use of her 'assets'. My boyfriend said it best: "I don't tell many women that they should put on more clothes, but I would tell her that."
    Good boyfriend

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys
    dustparticle and jasmar, I am a big figure skating and ice dancing fan, too. I'm not terribly familiar with ballroom dancing, but every time I've stumbled across it on TV, I find myself mesmerized (although, fogey-like, I wish that the costumes weren't so skimpy, and that the makeup wasn't so heavy. Like my husband said, "What's with the shellacked hair?") Anyway, I've been really enjoying DWTS, although when the show was announced, I thought it sounded ridiculous.

I wonder what you think of Fox's "Skating with Celebrities"? There is an article in next week's TV Guide about it, although the writers didn't seem to understand that figure skating and ice dancing are two different disciplines, with different moves and different rules. As an avid skating fan, I will probably be there, despite the fact that I have a grudge against Fox.
    I'm a figure skating/ice dancing fan too. And I've always enjoyed watching ballroom, despite its weirdness.

The ultimate bullfighter/cape performance of all time has to be Torville & Dean's Bolero, dontcha think?

But I has a question: I thought the music was assigned to the couple...which I though explained a lot. Are they picking it, or selecting from a list?

On Kelly and Alex: I thought she looked jerky and stiff in the Paso Doble, and it was only accentuated by the fact that the Boy Toy really showed his skills in some side by side passages. He just blew her off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    Thank God John and Charlotte weren't eliminated - so sad for Joey and Ashly, but I think now they need to start dating because they look like a cute couple.
    Uh, Joey's wife might disagree.

Joey's not married.
    Ooops. My mistake. I just checked out a site and he was married on August 9th, 2003 in an interfaith ceremony at New York City Plaza presided over by a rabbi and a roman catholic priest. Sorry
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 06-30-2005 at 11:19 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I am guessing there will be money donated to the winner's charity of choice.
    When Tom Bergeron was on "The View" the othe day he said the winners only get a 'nice trophy'. No prize money, no donation to charity. Of course, they get exposure. Esp Kelly

I would like to see the show continue. It's fun to watch. .

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Ooops. My mistake. I just checked out a site and he was married on August 9th, 2003 in an interfaith ceremony at New York City Plaza presided over by a rabbi and a roman catholic priest. Sorry
    Oh darn They would have been really cute together.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    But I has a question: I thought the music was assigned to the couple...which I though explained a lot. Are they picking it, or selecting from a list?
    I hope they're being assigned the music, because some of it really doesn't match the dances at all. "Eye of the Tiger" for a Spanish dance? And I hated "I'm Still Standing" for Joey and Ashly's Jive dance.

+ Reply to Thread