+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher
    Maybe I'm just a traditionalist when it comes to the kind of music that should be used for ballroom dancing.
    Maybe. But really the worst part of it is STILL that these are bad versions of those songs.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

OOOH John is next. *yay!!!*

Can anyone even TELL what's in my new avatar? (I am thinking it looks pretty crappy)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fogey
    Ok, John and Charlotte, pronounced Charlotta, for some reason, up next. After they are done focus on John and how he handles Charlottehs fore play. Dont even look at her. Watch how he does not return her gaze as she gropes him. What he does not do is telling. Now, having said this she will have read internet feedback and stand there like all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher
    Amen! Maybe I'm just a traditionalist when it comes to the kind of music that should be used for ballroom dancing.
    I agree. And I agree with Krom about the crappy versions of the songs they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by shusie
    Let's see. Rachel poses, she walks around the stage bowlegged and when she tries to bend over backwards she has absolutely no curve to her back.

That's a 8,9 and 9??

I think she's a beautiful woman, but I have a feeling the judges are trying to save her ass again.
    Wow. Are we watching the same show?

A lot of these dances are about posture--and that's what that appearance of "posing" is about.

The problem with her bending backwards I agree with you about though.

Are the judges trying to save her? It depends on how they wind up rating John and Charlotte more than how they rated Rachel, I think.

She has a great figure, but that didn't make up for the trashy look of the dress. It was fun to watch, but there was something off about it. I thought her kicks looked more like marching, but the hoedown mentioned here brought the truth home.

Maybe, if her partner didn't dance so well, she wouldn't look as bad.

FORT Fogey
    I am sure they are choosing pop tunes for audience appeal, reducing the viewers to the lowest common denominator as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Ok, John and Charlotte, pronounced Charlotta, for some reason, up next. After they are done focus on John and how he handles Charlottehs fore play. Dont even look at her. Watch how he does not return her gaze as she gropes him. What he does not do is telling. Now, having said this she will have read internet feedback and stand there like all the others.
    I think its because she sees that touching as part of the performance. He, on the other hand, sees himself being in hot water with his wife or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I am sure they are choosing pop tunes for audience appeal, reducing the viewers to the lowest common denominator as always.
    Of course that's why. The problem is that they are having absolute talentless @ss@^%s perform them.

FORT Fan
    Krom, I think that perhaps 7's and 8's for Rachel would have been more appropriate. If she's second to last again, I'll suspec that they gave her higher to escape elimination. So far, from what I've seen, I think she is a great dancer in expression, but her footwork is lacking. I wonder how she'll do with a quicker dance.
    It's just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread