+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    I just can't understand - other than the possibility of being dazzled by the sparkly fake boobs - why the male judges scored them so high. Kelly was off beat for virtually all the partner steps. She did okay on the side-by-side stuff, but at least in ice dancing, the ability to follow the beat is, well, kind of up there in terms of importance.
    ditto on that. I don't get it. I think she is a terrible dancer. I think she's the worst one on there. I hated that the best dancer is now gone over her. (the girl in the green dress)
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I'm so happy Joey stayed. I like him.

I agree that all the soap fans are going to keep Kelly in. I can't believe Joey was in the bottom 2, that is just wrong.
    ah ha! that is who is voting for her (she is awful IMO) cute girl but, awful dancer..................

I think Joey is very good and would have quit watching if he went. Vander was fun to watch and his partner I think is the best of all of the pros.....

ditto on your post!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I'm trying to figure out if John is as good as I think he is...or if I am just hypnotized by his eyebrows.

too funny

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    Karen14, I just had to tell you that I love your avatar....it makes me giggle everytime I see it........!
    Pomeraniac once posted that "since Karen14 started using her (Pom's) picture as her avatar" the two of them were starting to think alike. I think of this every time I see it.

I felt badly for Kelly when she was bashed so badly on the first two shows, but for her to be kept in this because she's on a soap opera is just wrong.

FORT Fogey
    The judges are privy to the popular vote and they could be influenced by a misplaced fan base and give their scores accordingly, so the better dancers do not get eliminated. I am not talking conspiracy. The judges are focused on skill and would be disappointed if the show were reduced to a popularity contest. If they feel, say, Kelly is just not up to the standard of John and Rachael but her popularity is over the top, this could happen. I am not saying they would arrange a winner, just be influenced by the popular vote.

I can't believe I am saying this. I usually poo poo theories of fixing things behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    ditto on that. I don't get it. I think she is a terrible dancer. I think she's the worst one on there. I hated that the best dancer is now gone over her. (the girl in the green dress)
    Well, at least as far as this viewer is concerned, this is not just a dance contest...if it were just for dancing, we could just judge professional or very advanced amateurs and nit-pick their floppy arms and loose ankles to our hearts' content...but this is first and foremost...summer entertainment, and sometimes sex and sequins and boobs can be entertaining.

I have absolutely NO IDEA who is the best dancer, and don't really care. But I voted for Kelly just because she is the hottest thing the FCC clowns have allowed on my tv screen for months.

It's all in the marketing. If the show is marketed as "vote for your favorite star just because they're your favorite," then anything goes. But my impression has been that partial mastery of ballroom dancing is supposed to be a consideration (otherwise why bother having real dance judges). That's why the dancing - not just the showmanship - is important to me.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    The judges are privy to the popular vote and they could be influenced by a misplaced fan base and give their scores accordingly,
    The fallacy with this theory however is the fact that the judges are giving their score prior to the viewers voting.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    The fallacy with this theory however is the fact that the judges are giving their score prior to the viewers voting.
    Yes I know. It influences them for the following week. For example, Rachael was in first place with the judges last week. Could they have been a little more generous, say by one point, to insure her staying having been privy to her close call the week before? I am not saying they necessarily discussed it either. They adore Rachael and perhaps saw that she did not have the fan base of the others and since she is more skilled than two of them............

just musing.

+ Reply to Thread