+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trista Begs Online Help

Trista Begs Online Help

June 10, 2005 -- FORMER "Bachelorette" Trista Sutter was the first to get booted from the surprise hit "Dancing with the Stars" this week despite an email campaign among her friends.

The former cheerleader who has made a career of appearing on reality TV shows (this is her fourth) apparently encouraged friends to vote for her early and often.

The Web site realityblurred.com got its hands on what it says is a mass-mailing Trista sent last week telling friends: "You will only be allowed to vote once per email address . . . If you have more than one address and can make your vote online, I would LOVE it if you could.

"I know that everyone's lives are busy these days, but I'm writing this to ask for your help because I would love to be able to continue on in the show for as long as possible," it said.

No wonder she wanted to stay on the show. In just its second week on the air, "Dancing with the Stars" two-stepped its way to the biggest audience of the week. The series, which pairs celebrities and professional dancers in a competition, averaged nearly 15 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That's up from the 13.5 million viewers who watched the debut.

Post staff writer
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/24968.htm

obviously, she sent this e-mail to her friends asking them to vote. I don't see anything wrong w/ that.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by critter
    obviously, she sent this e-mail to her friends asking them to vote. I don't see anything wrong w/ that.
    I agree critter. They used some harsh words to exaggerate the situation. It was hardly begging, a mass e-mail, or a campaign.

Lotta help that did.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I see nothing wrong with asking your friends to vote for you. I'd probably be going door to door.

LG.
    it must be a slow news day for the NY Post, as this is hardly unique.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I would do more than send an email to friends lol...you would probably receive a gift basket from me .
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I would do more than send an email to friends lol...you would probably receive a gift basket from me .
    Just let me know when and where I need to cast my vote.
    *and pick up my basket*

+ Reply to Thread