+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 291

Thread: 6/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

  1. #271
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    He is about to marry wife #3, Penny Lancaster. She is 34.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/4599259.stm

  2. #272
    From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in the middle of the Monsoons
    Posts
    11,829
    Damn Damn Damn. I missed the show this week. Does anyone know if they'll be repeating this episode?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

  3. #273
    Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texuhs
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Damn Damn Damn. I missed the show this week. Does anyone know if they'll be repeating this episode?
    They are showing an encore presentation of this one right before the new episode next week.

  4. #274
    From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in the middle of the Monsoons
    Posts
    11,829
    You're da man, Burnt. Thanks Sweetie.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

  5. #275
    FORT Upperclassman
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    114
    Based upon the ordinal scoring system, in order for Rachel Hunter to be one of the bottom 2, she would have had to finish last in the call-in voting, Kelly Monaco would have had to finish first, and Evander Holyfield would have had to finish second. For Trista Sutter to be the lowest overall totals, she would be had to finish next to last in the call-in voting.

    While there are some theories that most of the voting audience was female, I question that the majority Kellyís voters thought she was the best or General Hospital fans. She is an attractive lady and probably received many votes from male voters who wanted to see more of her. Likewise, unless they thought he was the best, Evanderís fan base would probably be boxing or sports fans, again presumably male.

    Based upon comments by fellow FORT posters, it appears few thought Evander or Kelly was the best. I believe there are more male voters than others believe.

  6. #276
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Moekle
    I question that the majority Kellyís voters thought she was the best or General Hospital fans. She is an attractive lady and probably received many votes from male voters who wanted to see more of her.
    If that were true, wouldn't the same pattern have caused Rachel to get more votes than she did? Admittedly she's older than Kelly, but she's got a built-in male fanbase. But it's almost certain that Rachel got the least viewer votes.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  7. #277
    FORT Upperclassman
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    If that were true, wouldn't the same pattern have caused Rachel to get more votes than she did? Admittedly she's older than Kelly, but she's got a built-in male fanbase. But it's almost certain that Rachel got the least viewer votes.

    But, based upon the judges' scores in the first round, Kelly was very much in danger in being eliminated, Rachel was not.

  8. #278
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Moekle
    But, based upon the judges' scores in the first round, Kelly was very much in danger in being eliminated, Rachel was not.
    All that means is that people voted for Kelly because they were sympathetic to her, not because of pure attractiveness, although I'm sure that helped. I do get in retrospect that might be what you meant by the "wanted to see more of her" part. Although, with the outfit she wore, they actually got to see MUCH more of her.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  9. #279
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the Camp of Gilles
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    boxhill, I am SO right there with you. I got sucked in through ANTM, too. And now I can't stop!!
    Well then let's see you make that phone line hum for Rachel next week!

  10. #280
    Big Electric Cat jasmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,802
    What, me vote??
    Token Christian.

    If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.