+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 6/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic
    Let me clarify that I checked out the ABC boards and an overwhelming number of different posters there--who I fully agree appeared to be immature--cited the jealousy theory. And they were all Kelly/soap fans. And they were posting in an overwhelming volume there. That is what I meant by "all the soap fans." (Presumably there are some mature, intelligent soap fans somewhere who don't think that the judge "must be jealous" of Wooden Kelly.)
    Last edited by Mantenna; 06-09-2005 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Removed deleted quotation

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I think that female judge flat out doesn't like Kelly. I think it's a PERSONAL thing.
    That is the very thing I thought when I heard the female judge, that she had it out for Kelly. I thought Kelly and her partner were fantastic. I am glad that 3rd judge told her what they were looking for in terms of arm movement etc. It seemed like that was the critic she was looking for. She nodded when he mentioned that, as if to say, ok, now I know what to work on.

I'm glad they get another chance for her to improve.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    I know I'm not the only one here right now that is pretty much convinced that Rachel Hunter is the hottest person on the planet.
    Absolutely. Rachel rules.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Hey, Krom, thanks for the Stacey's Mom vid link. Hadn't seen it, only heard about it. I must be old, because Rachel totally reminded me of Kelly Le Brock in Weird Science.

As for the competition, John is my favorite; he seems to really have a good time with the dancing and has the presence more like real ballroom dancers.

I just can't believe Evander got as good as a score as he did...he was horrible. I'd given him a 2.

Thanks God Trista and her smarmy partner are gone. Trista didn't give two damns about the dance, just playing to the camera. Her partner was a jerk.

Bless Evander's heart. Hope he gets a dance that serves him better next week. Loved the judge in the middle (sorry, don't recall his name right now) who called Bruno out after he was so unnecessarily nasty to Evander. Don't think The Big E will win this (but . . . he could surprise us all), but I give him major props for having the guts to go out there and try. AND, he looks like he's enjoying his partner and having fun.

Rachel and her partner were very good.

As were Joey and his partner.

Kelly needs to step it up, but I really give her credit for going out there live and doing this. I don't think I'd try it in a million years.

Really LOVED John and Charlotte.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    I'm afraid not. All of the soap fans think that the judges are just being mean to her when they criticize her. (According to them any female judge who says anything critical about a female performer must be "jealous.")
    I don't think she's jealous, I'm not sure what her deal is against Kelly, but I do think she overly critical of Kelly. She gave Evander and Kelly the same score. Although she seemed IMO to give Evander a pass with her words because she said it would be his most difficult dance, but did not give Kelly the same. She mentioned some of her great moves but still called her an awkward mover. It appears to me there is a disparity in the words she used between the two that she gave the lowest score to. With Evander she excused it because it was his most difficult dance.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz
    I don't think she's jealous, I'm not sure what her deal is against Kelly, but I do think she overly critical of Kelly. She gave Evander and Kelly the same score. Although she seemed IMO to give Evander a pass with her words because she said it would be his most difficult dance, but did not give Kelly the same. She mentioned some of her great moves but still called her an awkward mover. It appears to me there is a disparity in the words she used between the two that she gave the lowest score to. With Evander she excused it because it was his most difficult dance.

I think the female judge is only making people like me want Kelly to stay in. She did give Evander a pass with her words and her score.

I agree!! She needs to lay off, its beginning to look personal
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

I think Evander is hot, but I thought his dancing tonight was horrible.

I actually really enjoyed this show. (forgot it was on last week). I used to be an ice dancer and ice dancing judge, so I have a soft spot for ballroom and partner dancing. All in all, I thought the judges' comments were right on tonight. John O'H et partner were fabulous! That was a quickstep! And Kelly & Alec were definitely very sexy, but I didn't see anything that could be identified as a bona fide Rhumba pattern. It was very rough, with a lot of thrashing and posing, not dancing. Rhumba is actually one of the easier dances, IMO, so I'm surprised no one came closer to nailing it.

ETA: Kelly and Alec should by no means still be in this competition. Trista & partner wre not good tonight, but they were a step up in quality of dance from those two. I agree with the female judges' comments on Kelly - she is very stiff, no feel for the character of the dance. They were doing a Rhumba, for cryin' out loud - that was probably her best shot to nail a dance. Maybe she'll get lucky with a Paso Doble (the man is the bullfighter, the woman is tha cape - it's very stompy, although it does require very , very good posture).
    Last edited by jasmar; 06-09-2005 at 01:01 AM.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    Trista, while a decent dancer, couldn't get rid of that "I'm America's Sweetheart" plastic smile she had plastered to her face…
    Two thoughts crossed my mind as I watched them. 1) you don't smile in a rhumba, you sneer; and 2) said sneering is supposed to indicate sexual tension; could she have been any farther away from him? Too funny.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread