+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 6/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I couldn't believe Rachael was in the final 2. Her dances are great ! People are probably judging her for other cases and that isn't fair hehe. I really thought Rachael is the best out of the girls and number 2, after John. I hope Kelly goes home next week.
    Maybe America resents a Kiwi (she's from New Zealand) for leaving a British rocker? I can't quite figure that one out. Why should America care?

But I'm not sure if that "place" in the results really represented a ranking. I think like on American Idol it could have been part fake out (unless they showed the aggregate scores at the end and I missed it).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    OMG, that MUST mean the viewing audience didn't like Trista. I guess her whining was too much. And I dont think her partner was very likeable either.

I think her partner is the reason she went home. He had the biggest ego of them all, and that doesn't go over well in a show where you depend on viewer's votes.

That said, I am sad to see them go as I thought Evander was HORRIBLE this week. I mean, you could barely call that dancing. And his partner looked embarrassed as hell. I hope they are voted off next week, but the public seems not to like Rachel for some odd reason. Or maybe they thought she was safe so didn't need the votes?

And I really wish they had shown just how they tabulated the phone in votes. I mean, do 10,000 votes count as a +1 or do they just add the judges scores to the number of phone calls they receive? (If so, that's ridiculous--why even have the judges?)

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    But I'm not sure if that "place" in the results really represented a ranking. I think like on American Idol it could have been part fake out (unless they showed the aggregate scores at the end and I missed it).
    I believe they said the order was random until they got to the last two. The last two had the fewest votes.

SO glad Miss Bachelorette is outta there. I liked her the first 500 times I was subjected to her. The 501st? Sorry--- go home, enjoy your marraige, leave me ALONE...LOL.
    I'm shocked Kelly's staying! Actually, I'm sorta happy about it-- it proves that the audience for GH is more vocal than one might think, leading one to beleive that daytime ain't dead... always good to know. (Full disclosure-- I don't watch daytime, but as a former fan of soaps, I'm a full supporter of the form)

All in all, I'm fully in John's corner. The man's the consummate performer, and he never fails to entertain....

Hey, have they ever said what the pize is for this show, anyway?? Just curious.... I probaly missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    And I really wish they had shown just how they tabulated the phone in votes. I mean, do 10,000 votes count as a +1 or do they just add the judges scores to the number of phone calls they receive? (If so, that's ridiculous--why even have the judges?)
    My guess is that the highest vote getter got the equivalent of a perfect score (30, right?) and the others got relative lower scores based on comparitive percentages to the number of votes the winner had.

Those scores would normally have counted as 50% of the total, but since this week they seemed to be counting TWO judged periods (last weeks and this weeks), it wound up counting as 1/3rd. Which if I'm correct means that Kelly must have gotten a crapload of votes, and Rachel not many at all if she was really 2nd to last with how high her judge votes were both weeks.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    My guess is that the highest vote getter got the equivalent of a perfect score (30, right?) and the others got relative lower scores based on comparitive percentages to the number of votes the winner had.

Those scores would normally have counted as 50% of the total, but since this week they seemed to be counting TWO judged periods (last weeks and this weeks), it wound up counting as 1/3rd. Which if I'm correct means that Kelly must have gotten a crapload of votes, and Rachel not many at all if she was really 2nd to last with how high her judge votes were both weeks.
    But they definitely said that the call ins would be 50% of the score, which leads me to believe that next week, they'll be adding this weeks score to the new score for that episode. Sounds to me like they'll constantly throw out the oldest score and somehow make phone-in votes count for 50%. Too complicated.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I think we got too many close-ups. Shouldn't most of the shots be where we can see the moves more???
    I thought the same thing...if the main part of the dance is the quick steps..then why the heck aren't we getting to see their feet to see how quick they are moving???
    Now that I've got that off my chest....I adore John...I love to watch him make those expressions...I catch myself the whole time he's dancing! I'd love to run my fingers thru his gorgeous hair!!!!!
    Joey also has done well and I'm impressed by how well Rachel has done...she does a really good job of extending her poses and always pointing her toes really well.
    Kelly, by far, has the most gorgeous partner and Kelly has a awesome body tho I'm not impressed with anything else. She comes across as one of those women who would be a snot to anyone "less" than her....JMO, of course.
    I don't like Evander's partner but I do like to watch Evander..tho tonight wasn't his night. I think he will continue to get alot of votes because he is kinda the "odd" one in the bunch.
    I think people's opinion of Trista is what cost her here. It wasn't necessarily that she was a terrible dancer...alot of people are just "over" her 15 minutes of fame....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I believe they said the order was random until they got to the last two. The last two had the fewest votes.
    That is correct.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well, they definitely only allow the 5 votes per phone line because once I tried to dial the 6th time, a recording came on and said "You had reached your limit on this phone line. Please go online at www.abc.com to vote."

American Idol, are you taking notes????? Nah...probably not!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Poor Evander is certainly a bull in a china shop, isn't he? He is just so out of his element. I like him and hoped he'd do great.
    I turned the show when the first judge was bashing Evander. Ever since seeing "Strictly Ballroom," I watch Ballroom dancing and NO ONE on that show is capable of real competition, the pace is too slow, the music is cheesy...
    I thought the point of the show was to draw audiences in with basic steps and broad-appeal music. I just don't see why Evander was so bashed for his size and speed when the show is setup for basic dancing, story-telling and mass-appeal and ALL of the dancers are dancing slow and choppy. They've had limited training. If the point is to have celebrities out of their element, why be so mean about it when they aren't yet ready for the "Pan Pacific?"
    I'm trying to enjoy this show. I really am.

+ Reply to Thread