+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Carrie Ann Inaba – Judge

Re: Carrie Ann Inaba – Judge

I'm so sick of CA and her lift rule.. if none of the other judges mention it, why does she? Len is the only one who knows anything about ballroom, etc but he never says anything when someone does a lift.

FORT Fogey

Re: Carrie Ann Inaba Judge

CA appeared to be more subdued last night, from what I saw, which was only about half the show.

Re: Carrie Ann Inaba – Judge

Carrie-Ann was Craig Ferguson's guest on Friday. I didn't think it was possible for her to annoy me more than she does in her judging capacity, but she managed it. She came out in a tiny skirt and thigh-high hooker books ala Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman. No, I am not kidding. She & Craig did the "Secretariat dance" (hard to explain, but see, these two guys come out in a horse costume when Craig rings a bell, and . . .typical late show insanity). Anyway, CA made sure to move to ensure maximum "Look and Me and how Cute I am!" time. She seems very stuck on herself. Despite the fact that her newest gig has nothing to do with dancing . . she's going to host a game show. Perhaps this means she will be too busy to return to DWTS next season. At least, we can hope!

I cannot stand this woman. She has her chosen pro (Derek) and refuses to see anything wrong with anything he does, BUT knit picks at all the other pros. She is so full of herself and I really cannot even stand watching the show because of her
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They do need to reel CA in. She's the worst offender of the three. I don't mind Bruno. He's goofy, sometimes a little meaner than he needs to be, but I think when it comes down to it, he makes sense and knows what he's talking about. CA is too in love with herself, is the worst one to play favorites, I'm over her fan girl antics, her crying when she gets "moved" (or attempting to cry), and coming off like a know it all when it's clear she doesn't know what she's talking about. Granted, she likely knows more about dance than me, but on here anyway, she comes off as always criticizing the same aspects of people.

I don't mind that CA doesn't have formal ballroom dance experience since such a small portion of the results are based on technical merit. My only concern is that her comments don't always come across as objective. When she upsets me I just think of her Austin Powers role and all is forgiven.

Saw her for a few minutes on 1 vs. 100. The wardrobe people are not doing her any favors with the outfits they put on her. GSN in my area is only standard definition, not 16:9, so tiny outfits take on enormous proportions when stretched to fill the screen.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;4107571;
    I cannot stand this woman. She has her chosen pro (Derek) and refuses to see anything wrong with anything he does, BUT knit picks at all the other pros. She is so full of herself and I really cannot even stand watching the show because of her
    I allow my DVR to record for about 20 minutes before I watch so I can FF thru commercials. I also FF thru CA's critique. Try it, you'll like it!

Can't stand CA!!!! I hate how she favours Derek, btw which is so obvious and never gives him a point off if he does do something wrong. I hate how she always has to deduct points from lifts from other dancers so her boytoy can remain on the top.

She also hold obvious grudges against Maks and Tony, when they call her out. At least they know what they are talking about.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    I'm so sick of CA and her lift rule.. if none of the other judges mention it, why does she? Len is the only one who knows anything about ballroom, etc but he never says anything when someone does a lift.
    She mentions it because she's an idiot. Tony once gave her the ballroom dancing rule book to read the section on lifts - she didn't take too kindly to that. I think she's held a grudge against Tony ever since. An inadvertent lift does not merit a one-point deduction.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    She mentions it because she's an idiot. Tony once gave her the ballroom dancing rule book to read the section on lifts - she didn't take too kindly to that. I think she's held a grudge against Tony ever since. An inadvertent lift does not merit a one-point deduction.
    Taking off for an intentional lift-fine. But for a celeb or even a pro whose foot accidentally comes off the floor? A pathetic attempt to show you know what you're talking about. Especially because of the inconsistancy over whether you're judging for actual dancing or entertainment (if that were the case, Rob and Chaz wouldn't be getting the scores they are from her). My biggest beef with CA this season was deducting a point from J.R. over a non existant lift, taking off a point for his foxtrot because she "didn't get the humor", but turning around in twitter the next day and saying there 'wasn't enough humor' (she obviously knew she was an idiot but didn't want to admit it), and scoring him exactly the same this past week as Rob freaking Kardashian. Who I read she's rooting for. Maybe Derek and Dmitry are being replaced as her boytoys. The Kardashians can give CA the fame she obviously seeks but fails at on her own. I also think CA has a beef with some of the pros who go more the actual dance route versus overdoing the choreography/crowd pleasing aspect that she can get away with gushing about and raving with her 10 paddle (I wish Len would hit her with it). The crying, the screaming, the fan girl antics, the biases, the favoritism, her incompetent judging, her grudges, her lack of knowledge...I never thought there'd be a season where I actually preferred Bruno. Is it over yet? I wish she'd take a week off, and head across the pond to Strictly, because I'd really love to see reaction to her on another show. They're having Jennifer Grey as a guest judge while Len takes a break, they should send her over instead, and bring Carson in. I'm sure he'll do a better and more entertaining job!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast