+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 6/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    The ego thing is probably just for show. I've actually met one of the male professional dancers and he's totally easygoing and friendly in real life. (Maybe the other two are arrogant twits, I don't know.) Probably the producers sat them all down on the couch and said, "Now say something really cocky for the camera."

I taped this show, and just got finished watching..it might be good for couple of weeks. The most interesting thing to me was the way the male professional dancers could be so light on their feet while carrying that big ole head around!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I sort of stumbled on this show. I had not heard about it before I started watching. It sort of sucked me in, I don't know why.

My favorites were Evander and John. Who knew how handsome they both are. John looked like he was having a blast-even though he was making weird faces. Evander is a hoot! I loved the song and I think he did a terrific job-for a bulking boxer dude.

I don't think that Kelly understood the "flower" comment at first, seemed to me like she thought it was a compliment. I didn't think she did a terrible job though. Her dress was pretty

Trista's husband is a cutie. I never really watched the show she was in (Bachelor or Bachelorette?), but he is really nice looking.

Did anyone notice that Sarah W was in the audience? I think it was her, I only saw the Bachelor a few times, but it sure looked like Sarah. She was off to the left when Tom was standing with the contestants in front of the judges. Front row.

I thought the show was a hoot. It wasn't clear to me whether the contestants got to choose whether to dance the waltz or the cha cha or were told which to dance. Maybe I just missed that part. I loved Joey's rejection of the over the top shirts his dance partner tried to offer up for him to wear. I thought John was the best, but Evander can prance around my television screen anytime he wants.

FORT Fogey
    I can't believe how awful this show was. It had so much potential, but the list of "celebrities" they got--are you kidding? The show should be called, Dancing with the C-List.

I think the male "stars" had the advantage with working with the professional female dancers. The women seemed to dance circles around their male counterparts, so their dance looked more refined. Now, I only watched the last half, so maybe the first few couples were different?

I actually enjoyed the show, although maybe not for the reasons that ABC was thinking - umm, Edyta. Nah really, I enjoyed seeing the stars outside of their element and trying to dance. The looks on Evander and John's face had me laughing a bit.

I was able to vote online a good bit, I don't if ABC counted all the votes but Edyta and Evander got more than a few votes out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    I can't believe how awful this show was. It had so much potential, but the list of "celebrities" they got--are you kidding? The show should be called, Dancing with the C-List.
    Why do you say that the show was bad? How so? I thought it was quite charming... but then I love to dance!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Upperclassman
    Some thoughts after watching the show and reading prior posts.

Hats off to all the celebrity dancers doing this live in front of millions. I realize it takes a high level of courage to do this.

I felt Joey McIntyre and his partner did the best. I agree with prior posts that it seems he would have an unfair advantage with his boy band experience, but this is a television show, not an open competition. I guess the producers sought a cross-section of celebrities in favor of the best available. Their score may have been slightly low going first. There are similar opinions about this in ice skating competitions.

Rachel Hunter, my pre-show favorite, and her partner did second best, IMO. Itís too bad they couldnít find a taller partner for her. The other female dancers are shorter and height could be a disadvantage if they were dancing last. I hope the judges will ignore this.

I loved the look Rachel gave Tom Bergeron when he said the last 24 hours have been difficult for her. For those that may not know, it was announced earlier in the day that her estranged husband, Rod Stewart, got his fiancťe pregnant. Iím sure Rachel wanted to avoid this subject on live TV.

Double hats off to Rachel for her performance considering her illness and the Rod Stewart situation. If he were a decent dad, he would have dealt with their children prior to the public announcement.

No matter how hard he tries, Evander Holyfield canít not look like he is going to punch someone out. Iím glad Iím not judging him. ďEvander, you get an 11.Ē Good job, though.

I was hoping Trista Sutter, or Ryan for that matter, would take the stick from her partnerís head and hit him with it. I hope this professional dancer tries another hairstyle.

Was it me or was the music not the original recordings? I call the audiologist if needed.

Maybe I missed this, but I didnít catch what the prize was. Did anyone get this?

Lastly, I thought it would be better to show all the scores after all the dances. The judges could vote after their comments, just not let us/contestants know until the end. This is not conventional, just an idea.

No matter how hard he tries, Evander Holyfield canít not look like he is going to punch someone out. Iím glad Iím not judging him. ďEvander, you get an 11.Ē Good job, though
    I thought he did quite well. He's very intense and he's very competitive and I actually thought he flowed pretty well.

What do I know?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread