+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: John O'Hurley - Celebrity Dancer

FORT Fogey
    His dance partner couldn't keep her hands off of him! She laid her head on his chest, gazed into his eyes and hugged him repeatedly as they were talking to the judges.

I love these two. Great chemistry. A lot of fun to watch. They are my favorites so far. He seems like a lot of fun. Hope they win.

I think this couple could win it. He has an adorable personality, very witty and amiable - plus he can dance. I think he was the best at the quick step and the two of them have terrific chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    His dance partner couldn't keep her hands off of him! She laid her head on his chest, gazed into his eyes and hugged him repeatedly as they were talking to the judges.
    That could be real affection, or if she's clever it could be strategy. The net result of it was that they looked matched and comfortable, while the others looked staged. Only Joey and his partner and Rachel and hers had any spark to challenge it, and in each case it was imbalanced (Joey's partner still looks starstruck, and Rachel is pulling off with solo sex appeal what John's partner is doing with close body touches).

The point is that you look at John and that woman and you see a set. That's not true of ANY of the rest.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular
    I think the John O'Hurley is doing an excellent job. His attitude is superior.
    Plus, I got to give him credit with the quick-step. He really danced with so much ease.

I really enjoy watching those two dance. She, of course, if professional....and he comes off Commanding, Confident, more than Capable, and Charismatic! The Four C's! Also John was born in Kittery, Maine...a big plus from my point of view!!!

He really does pull it off. Although it's the woman who is showcased in ballroom, the man has a very difficult job. I think it's harder to learn how to lead (his job) in five weeks than to follow.

And I love how he brings real expression to the performance - not just a pasted smile or tango-sneer.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I totally agree with all of the above. Although technically I thought Joey was the better quickstepper this week, I just like John's whole "package", meaning what he brings to this series entertainment-wise. Anybody on any reality show is most likeable if you just flat-out enjoy watching them and their "antics" or whatever, and John's "it" on this series. He's just 'silly' enough to where you're not hoping he'll "tone it down". He's sincere and really funny at the same time. My kinda guy. And yes, of course he dances well!

The two of them are a perfect pairing and are ultra-classy as a team.

Mr. Peterman is the next Fred Astaire

He was awesome but what's the deal with his partner???? She was creepy to say the least. At first I thought she had to be his wife the way she was holding him and putting her hand over him as if to "claim" him???? I'd be a little shaken if I were him, and what's with the Stepford Wife constant fake smile?? This woman is a great dancer, but weird!!!!!!

LOVED Holyfield too - uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh the first time I saw him in those tight black pants!!! He is an Adonis!!!!! Peterman is the better dancer, but you could pair me up with Evander ANY day!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte actually has a very good ballroom face. They're actually supposed to look that way! (With the caveat that one never, ever smiles in a rhumba, la Trista.)
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast