+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Monaco - Celebrity Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I don't understand... how exactly has Kelly demonstrated an immature attitude? I've not seen anything that even remotely approached whining;
    She said, in a very teenage-like fashion, something along the lines of "what did they expect, I'm not a professional". I think they expected her to dance as well as the other amateurs. She is a sour finger-pointer and a bad dancer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/050613b.asp

During the past two weeks, Kelly Monaco the ex-Baywatch babe and current General Hospital mob moll has bravely withstood some cruel commentary from the bitchy judges on ABC's Dancing with the Stars. This spunky dame may wince or pull a face, but you'll never hear her sass them back like one of those mouthy mannequins on America's Next Top Model.

"For some reason, there are some biased opinions going on. What are you gonna do?" Monaco tells TVGuide.com. "I'll refrain from using bad words, I'll be politically correct and I'll be the professional that I am. I spoke my mind and said what I needed to say without being abrasive or harsh. There's no need.

"There's a time and place to let out your anger and aggression and it's not on live TV!" she adds, laughing. "Plus, I get so much support from my cast mates, the makeup artists and the rest of the crew at GH. They make me feel like I'm running for president! They make me kick myself in the ass and push myself harder."

Monaco admits she felt some initial trepidation about doing Dancing, given the extremely random assortment of celebs involved, from ex-Bachelorette Trista Sutter to boxing champ Evander Holyfield. "I was totally nervous going into this, like, 'God, what the f--- am I thinking? Is this going to be like Surreal Life 20?'" she chuckles. "But Brian Frons, the president of ABC Daytime, promised they're all about good, uplifting, positive [programming].' I was also initially nervous about the reality-TV element, but once they broke it down for me, I realized it's completely different from what's out there now. There's no bug eating."

There's also no cutthroat competition for the sake of fame and cash. "I've got a job. I'm doing this for fun," Monaco says. "Everyone got a lump sum of money up front, so the [financial] incentive is definitely over. It's not a million-dollar prize at the end it's a trophy. At this point, [it's about] pride.

"Everyone's pretty stable and set in their careers, so it's not about money or trying to get a career. That's a cheese factor too, in my opinion. Money is the root of all evil and people can get pretty nasty on reality shows. So I'm really glad that's not the incentive in the end."

Of course, publicity doesn't hurt, and Monaco certainly attracted a lot of attention with the sparkly, skimpy dress she wore Wednesday night. "You mean my lack of a dress?" she teases. "We couldn't even get a mic on it, that's how lacking it was. My dance partner, Alec, and I thought I was going out on [Wednesday] night. So I thought I'd go out with a bang. In another situation, I might've been a little more subdued, but I thought I might as well look fabulous while I was getting canned!"

Thanks to fan support, however, she'll perform again this week. "We're doing the jive to 'Footloose,' which is a crazy, affectionate, impulsive song that will get into everybody's blood the second it comes on," Monaco previews. "You can't help but bop your head and tap your leg. We're gonna work it!"
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm glad there are lots of Kelly fans on this forum!! She's so pretty!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis
    I'm glad there are lots of Kelly fans on this forum!! She's so pretty!
    She is pretty and she has a great body--unfortunately she's not much of a dancer. It's too bad that her GH fanbase is going to put her above more deserving people.

What does GH stand for?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis
    What does GH stand for?
    General Hospital. Did I get the wrong soap? I don't watch them.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    General Hospital. Did I get the wrong soap? I don't watch them.
    No you got the right soap. She also used to be on the soap Port Charles.

FORT Fan
    "I've not seen anything that even remotely approached whining; after being ripped apart by the judges and Tom Bergeron asks her how she feels, she's simply stated that she's okay with their comments because she's not a professional dancer and she's trying her best so it's all good. I actually find it a very mature response. She doesn't cry. She doesn't kick her feet. She doesn't claim that it's all unfair."

AND...she didn't whine that it sucked, like Miss Bachelorette did the week before. Kelly may not be the best celebrity dancer but at least she's trying to maintain a good game face and attitude -- but I'm still voting for John & Charlotte.

Actually I liked both Kelly and Trista's answers. Tom's inane question was the problem.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I like Kelly, she has a good attitude towards this, she tries her best and gives it her all, and sees how the cards fall.

Plus she always gives us smoking hot dance numbers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast