+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trista Sutter - Celebrity Dancer

I thought Trista did great.
    I was upset when she got eliminated.
    I don't see her as being a goody-goody.
    And I see her as being very likeable.
    The one that needed to go last night is that gal from General Hospital.
    She can't dance.
    I don't know if I will continue to watch it anymore, since my favorite dancer is gone now.

FORT Fanatic
    Just my opinion, but I was really glad to see Trista go she was in the bottom 3 or 4 or so (could br wrong) I think the public is getting somewhat sick of Trista(that's who really booted her). She is the reality star that won't go away.

LG.
    I was really surprised that Trista was eliminated when two other teams had lower scores from the judges. To me, that really looked like 1.) there are a LOT of General Hospital watchers voting on this show, as that Monaco lady really can't dance and the judges made sure that the viewing audience knew it, and 2.) unlike Monaco, Trista really doesn't have a flock of fans who follow her from show to show, stacking on the votes for her. She did a decent job with the dance and IMHO deserved to stay, but the audience votes are an aspect of the show, so that's how it went.

As for Ryan and whether he's a lapdog . . . I'm torn. I think he a hunky guy who happens to be just a bit whipped. I was happy to hear that he wasn't the biggest fan of the all pink wedding, but he DID get married in the all pink wedding. It's his wedding too (even if ABC was picking up the tab). I watched their season of The Bachelorette and really liked that season of the show as a real relationship started on that show. I think they make a good couple and I think it works because Trista LIKES his "romantic / woosy side" but not all women find that attractive. Personally, if a man wrote me a poem, um, that's not really sexy. Just like drawing me some charcoal picture or writing me some song (sorry JR - I'm sure it would be sexy from you - a special drum solo). Maybe I'm too utilitarian, but what does that really do for me? Can you help me grout my tile floor? Oh, now that's sexy. Can you entertain my kid for a half an hour with goofy faces and songs so that I can cook dinner without her "assistance"? Yup, that's sexy too. Oh, and I do appreciate how hot a guy looks in turnout gear, as my boyfriend is a firefighter. And yes, Lil LG thinks he walks on water. We just refinished a wood floor (see, I'm not too girly to run a sander and slop around some polyurthane) and he's planning his attack on the molding and windows. But no poetry: unless "I think that I shall never hear a poem as lovely as a beer . . . " counts.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I thought trista and her partner where one of the best couples on the show. Too bad we could not see them do more.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fan
    Guys - I have a fundamental question: How is Trista Sutton a "STAR"? What is her claim to fame: that she was dumped by a guy on national TV and found someone else? In that sense, why are the Average Joes, the Survivor contestants, the Amazing Race contestants not stars?

Also, had never heard of Kelly Monaco before. Maybe because I have never watched General Hospital.

I'm glad that John is kicking butt! At this age, he's got something going! And he deserves to win. Also a lot of props for Evander. He definitely does not have a supple body for dancing, but he took up the challenge. His dancing partner should consider wearing an attire that don't get in the way of the dancing.

"Star" is just part of the title of the show. Of course she is no actress, but everyone has heard of Trista & Ryan, that does make her famous. If John Travolta would do this show, great, but it ain't gonna happen. In reality tv-land she's probably one of the most well known contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair
    I thought Trista did great.
    I was upset when she got eliminated.
    I don't see her as being a goody-goody.
    And I see her as being very likeable.
    The one that needed to go last night is that gal from General Hospital.
    She can't dance.
    I don't know if I will continue to watch it anymore, since my favorite dancer is gone now.
    I agree with everything that you said except the last statement. Our favorite is now gone and apparently there are only a few of us who didn't hate the sight of her. Let's be back next week to see where all the negative comments land. We could start taking bets on who it will be.
    I still say that the male contestants have the advantage. If you watch them, they don't have to do much to look good. Th girls do that for them.
    In order for the contest to really be interesting they need to change partners each week. If the clod that Trista drew can look great with Rachel or Kelly, okay, it was probably Trista's fault. If he just makes Rachel or Kelly look worse, then hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    In order for the contest to really be interesting they need to change partners each week. If the clod that Trista drew can look great with Rachel or Kelly, okay, it was probably Trista's fault. If he just makes Rachel or Kelly look worse, then hmmmm.
    I love that idea, Muduh... and completely agree.

LG.
    The professional dance partners are the ones training the "stars" how to do the dances, and I get the impression that they've been working together for 6 weeks before the show started, so it would be tough probably to just "change partners" every week. I think they need to have some sort of working relationship and familiarity to be able to dance well together. Then again, what do I know - I can't dance at all, except the occassional polka, and I can polka with anyone.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Yes! There is a God. I'm shocked she is gone and happy to know that there are plenty of people out there as tired of her as I am.

+ Reply to Thread