+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 01/28 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: 01/28 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

IMO Bruno's team wins on the dancing and Carrie Ann's team wins on the singing. So I can see people voting both ways.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2773744;
    the dancing on Carrie Ann's Upside Down is hot but the singing is also meh
    In their defense, "Upside Down" wasn't that good when Diana Ross sang it either.

I liked Carrie Ann's team better both weeks, but I am not voting for this show. I think Carrie Ann is more popular than Bruno and therefore her team is getting more votes.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Actually, I loved CarrieAnn's Papa Was A Rolling Stone number......I liked how the lines where evenly shared, the costuming, and the dancing.

The rest of the show was just so so for me.......while not tv worthy material as yet, definitely a step up from last week.

I couldn't believe Bruno had to send someone home......that was odd to me since I felt his team was better last week than Carrie's.

When it's all said and done, I doubt there will be a Dance War II!

IMO Bruno should have won for last week's performance because he was far far better than Carrie Ann. But, since she won for a poor performance and was great this week (better than Bruno), she will undoubtedly win again. Hence, I think she has the whole "contest" in the bag. She is evidently the more popular team captain. Bruno should just give up now.

Premium Member

personally I think its kinda rigged how much you wanna bet that Carrie Ann will lose a member next week it will keep going back and forth for drama (whatever LOL) till the producers decide who will be the winner (ha ha LOL).

FORT Fanatic

I was in the UK this past summer and saw the British version of this show which featured Bruno and some British female. If you think this is bad, you should have seen the British version, This is way better though I have to agree the sing-off was awful. Both girls should have gone home.

FORT Regular

I think that the show is getting better by the week. I didn't think I'd get into as much as I have - the first few weeks were kinda boring for me (I think we've all seen enough bad audition tapes by now from Am. Idol and SYTYCD... and even the Pepto Bismol commercials...) but now that the teams are picked and there's more at stake it's picked up. I think that people here are missing the point - these singers and dancers are supposed to be LEARNING. That's why they didn't choose the most polished people. They chose people that they saw had raw talent - but Bruno and Carrie Ann want to take credit for bringing their level up to stardom.

Quote Originally Posted by oongaboonga;2777399;
    I think that people here are missing the point - these singers and dancers are supposed to be LEARNING. That's why they didn't choose the most polished people. They chose people that they saw had raw talent - but Bruno and Carrie Ann want to take credit for bringing their level up to stardom.
    That is not the impression I got going into this show, but if that is what they are doing then I think they need to re-evaluate the songs they are giving these kids. I would rather hear an easier song that sounds good instead of some of the more challenging music they are giving them (i.e. Don't leave me this way, Survivor, the Usher song they got on the last show, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by oongaboonga;2777399;
    .... I think that people here are missing the point - these singers and dancers are supposed to be LEARNING. That's why they didn't choose the most polished people. They chose people that they saw had raw talent - but Bruno and Carrie Ann want to take credit for bringing their level up to stardom.
    Oh, we get the point exactly. The producers and advertisers are spending money and gambling on having a show that's a hit and keeps returning viewers each week. The point is to have a show on the air that is interesting enough to keep viewers coming back to watch it each week. And as the numbers and ratings and overwhelming viewer comments show... they've failed miserably in their goal. If the singers/dancers -- a term used loosely in this situation -- do learn something along the way, that's the good side effect, but make no mistake, it's that all important viewer rating number that's the point. Since I don't watch American Idol or SYTYCD, I have no idea what the audition tapes are, nor do I care, to be frank, but this show has definately failed in putting together a show that's entertaining enough or interesting enough to fulfil it's premise. If I were Bruno or Carrie Ann, or Drew, I wouldn't want credit for anything to do with this show. And the level of 'raw talent' here is far too low for me to care if these people ever do anything more than sing at a church picnic or in their showers, or if they ever dance anywhere other than their living room. It's one of those types of tv shows that is so bad it's unwillingly become a joke to fuel the minds of comedians and the witmeister par-excellence that is Joel McHale. Joel's comments about the show are the only entertaining thing about it.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast