+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 1/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

As a westcoaster, I was waiting to see what the trouble was with this show compared to SYTYCD. It's obvious. The choice of having people sing and dance at the same means they don't have enough breath to do either one all out. Plus, instead of seeing many styles of dancing, this is consists of nothing but the hoochy dance moves done by girl/boy pop groups. Are they ever going to have them do anything else? Once I figure out that the answer to that is "no," I'm outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2753540;
    so who does everyone think picked the strongest team?

I think Bruno has the strongest team JMO
    I agree with you. CarrieAnn only has 2 people that I like. She had mentioned before about liking underdogs, but she has given herself an uphill battle.

I was disappointed to see Max go. I really liked him, but nerves seemed to do him in tonight. I expected Carina to go. Both CarrieAnn and Bruno stressed that these people needed to want to win badly; that this is a very competitive business with no place for slackers. Once Carina got labled as being more interested in flirting than working, she was a goner.

The real test will be to see how well the team members work with each other. The fact that Bruno seems to have the most talent on his team may also mean that he will be battling the biggest egos.

I don't even think it's close, I only like Zack on Bruno's team and I like everyone on Carrie Ann's. Although I think Charity is beautiful I believe that Corina should have made it over her.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2753736;
    I don't even think it's close, I only like Zack on Bruno's team and I like everyone on Carrie Ann's. Although I think Charity is beautiful I believe that Corina should have made it over her.
    I agree with you on all counts. I am really hoping that Carrie Ann's team does well.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Another vote for CA's team. She's got the best female lead singer with the best voice control, the best male backup singer, and the best overall performer. I'll admit that Bruno's team is "cuter", but...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I am watching this show (only b/c there is NOTHING else on), but can't seem to get into it. Something is missing like one of the earlier posters said. I can't put my finger on it though.

Bruno seemed to pick the pretty ones. Carrie Ann picked the best female there.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2754084;
    I am watching this show (only b/c there is NOTHING else on), but can't seem to get into it. Something is missing like one of the earlier posters said. I can't put my finger on it though.
    I think it is because they need people who can sing and dance. Instead of getting someone who excels at one art and really draws the viewer into their performance, they get people who are mediocre at both art forms and cannot hold the viewers attention.

Oh yay, I am so glad Alyssa was picked! She was the only good one during the 4 girl group song/dance. The second girl group totally blew the other group out of the water with their song. And from what I've seen, the men can out dance/sing a far majority of the women on this show.

Though Bruno may have gotten my vote for his dancing during the end credits of the show lol
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2754084;

Bruno seemed to pick the pretty ones. Carrie Ann picked the best female there.
    I think the main thing that's causing the show to be a dud is all of the posturing between Bruno and Carrie Ann. Like someone else said last night, a little bit of Bruno goes a long way, and the pseudo fighting between them is not only tedious, it's a bit embarrassing.

I think I'd enjoy it OK if it were shorter and focused more on the dancing and singing (and maybe some of the behind-the-scenes drama; you know there's had to be plenty).

Bruno and Carrie Ann are supposedly amazing choreographers. They're coaching the teams. We get it! So now let's see less focus on them as personalities and more focus on them as coaches and on the performers as people struggling to do a good job. All the rest is extremely uninteresting!

As for which team I like best.... Carrie Ann's hands down! People have been saying that Bruno's team is better looking, but for me, that's not the case. In addition, when it comes to personality and heart, which is important in terms of drawing the audience in, I think Carrie Ann's team has a lot more of that.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 01-15-2008 at 10:13 PM. Reason: More to say
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I only like Liz and Mariel? Muriel? on CA

I like mostly everyone on Team Bruno
    except for the girl with the terrible hair

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast