+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marquis - Dance War

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Marquis - Dance War

Marqis

BACKGROUND: Marqis was an athlete his whole life. Both he and his twin brother played football and had dreams of playing for the NFL. In junior college he tore his ACL and also had neck and back spasms, which ended his football career.

After being injured he turned to performing and joined a boy band which he was in for 7 years. He had danced, but had never sung before joining the group so the other members taught him all he knows about singing. They performed on the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon about 5 years ago and have been close to breakghrough but it has never quite happened. He believes this is because others want to change their positive and spiritual image. They had a record deal, but have been waiting for the funding from the record company for over a year. The other members of his group were Latter Day Saints and he ended up joining the religion and was baptized 5 years ago.

Marqis has had about a year of vocal training now but hasn't had any formal dance training. However in high school was on the school's competitive dance team. The team won many competitions including placing 2nd at Nationals. Marqis primary style of dance is hip-hop.

CHARACTER SYNOPSIS: Marqis is a fun-loving guy. He feels he has not accomplished much in life and this would be a huge stepping-stone for him. In a group he will definitely speak his mind. Due to having less training and experience than some of the other contestants, he may feel left behind at times. He will work hard, as he has a survivor mentality. He also wants to push his limits both mentally and physically.

APPLICATION INFORMATION: Marqis is a "starving artist." He only heard about the audition at midnight the night before and decided to audition on a whim. When asked what inspired him to be a performer he said, "Honestly, I kinda fell in love with it by chance " He has had to overcome many hardships to become a performer, but says that the hardest is the fact that he has been "pinchin pennies for 5 years." He shrugs it off though, saying that sacrifices come with the territory. He thought he should be chosen for the show because, "my face will be famous one way or another. If you decide to be the way Smiles all around." When asked what inspired him to audition for the show, he simply said, "faith" and takes pride in the fact that he has made it this far with absolutely no formal dance or vocal training.

He says that, "hip hop is all I feel and all I know. But that could change." He says he appreciates all types of dance, but if he had to choose a least favourite style it would be disco (even though his dance audition song was "Disco Inferno"). He feels he excels in pop and R&B and is inspired to sing by artists like Smokie Narful, Lauren Hill, Stevie Wonder, Beyonce, Tank, and, as he says, "all those who represent the beauty of song." He goes on to say, "OH AND BOYZ II MEN!" When asked what accomplishment he is most proud of, he said, "I honestly haven't accomplished anything as far as I'm concerned."

He then lists the day he was baptized five years ago as the most significant moment in his life. He lists his sense of humour, his support of his friends, and his blunt honesty as his best qualities and his stubbornness, insensitivity, and his blunt honesty as his worst. When asked if he would consider himself a competitive person, he responded, "Yes I would. But only if it's something that motivates me or something I believe in." Marqis really enjoys all sports and used to draw and sketch. He goes on to say, "if I'm not playing sports, singing, or dancing, I'm probably asleep."

Dance War - Bios - ABC.com

FORT Fogey

Re: Marqis - Dance War

got in on looks only, from what i seen so far

Re: Marqis - Dance War

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2747339;
    got in on looks only, from what i seen so far
    But oh, what looks they are!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Marquis - Dance War

Woo hoo! Good-looking kid!

FORT Fogey

he sure is. but really the latent isn't there. should have sticked to football

FORT Regular

I think Qis is one of the hottest guys on the show, I loved the "Don't Qis and tell" part of last weeks show where Carrie Ann told Qis and Mariel to cool it and not show that they were any more special than the rest of the team.

+ Reply to Thread