+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/7 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/7 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I will only watch this show if there is nothing else on. I don't watch AI, so I may indeed tune in again but I won't be going out of my way to do so! I was not all that impressed so far (especially with the vocals) so I am hoping they get better.

My biggest confusion is with how the whole thing is supposed to work. They said next week they will split the group into the two teams and two people will get eliminated - do Carrie Ann and Bruno decide who gets the boot? ...and what about after that? They said the audience will be judging, so will the audience pick a winning team or vote for individual dancers? Are more people getting eliminated as the show progresses? How many dancers are left standing at the end and what do they get?

Am I crazy? I didn't hear any of this explained last night....

Originally Posted by GT Mom
    Monica's a shower singer. Wow! Me too! Maybe I can be on TV too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2745209;
    She was pretty darn good.
    I thought she was very good too, singing and dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2745753;
    IAll in all I enjoyed it but it looks as if it will be going head to head with American Idol. Personally I can't stand AI so I will tune in.
    If it's going head to head with the crappy audition part of AI, I will probably tune in to this one. I'm so over hearing those stupid bad singers, I'll wait for the actual competition to start. This show wasn't bad. It wasn't great either. Not all that interested in any of the final 14, really, at least not yet.

I think this show, once they got to Hollywood it was good, the rehearsals, the way Bruno and Carrie Ann helped, trained the contestants.

I really like Bruno, I think he is so cool, he has so much charisma, he's so funny, his sense of humor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2745871;
    I will only watch this show if there is nothing else on. I don't watch AI, so I may indeed tune in again but I won't be going out of my way to do so! I was not all that impressed so far (especially with the vocals) so I am hoping they get better.

My biggest confusion is with how the whole thing is supposed to work. They said next week they will split the group into the two teams and two people will get eliminated - do Carrie Ann and Bruno decide who gets the boot? ...and what about after that? They said the audience will be judging, so will the audience pick a winning team or vote for individual dancers? Are more people getting eliminated as the show progresses? How many dancers are left standing at the end and what do they get?

Am I crazy? I didn't hear any of this explained last night....
    Next week Carrie Ann and Bruno will pick their 6 person dance troops from the final 14 we saw last night. The two dancers who were not picked will be eliminated. Then the audience votes for which dance troop they prefer and the winner is chosen. I am not clear if we vote every week and they count the number of wins to determine the winner or if a running tally is taken.

#5007 was absolutely gorgeous I really liked him. anyone remember his name?
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

To the Point

Elisabeth that made the final 14. Where was she from? Was she the one from Raleigh, NC?

Cruise Ship Entertainer Wars! Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;2746092;
    Cruise Ship Entertainer Wars! Funny!
    Sorry! I was laughing at a post on the page back and prematurely added this.

I liked and will watch the show. Carrie Ann and Bruno are both qualified to judge and demonstrated the ability to give constructive criticism. I like Drew Lachey as host. I think we will see some very entertaining performances as the show moves on.

For me, this is so much better than dreadful American Idol, which I watched the for the first two seasons and dropped in the middle of Season 3.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast