+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruno Tonioli - Team Captain

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Bruno Tonioli - Team Captain

Bruno Tonioli
    Team Captain

Bruno Tonioli has served as a judge on the hit ABC reality series Dancing with the Stars for five seasons, and on Strictly Come Dancing, the original UK version of the show, for four seasons. He recently created DanceX, a reality competition looking for the next hot new dancing and singing group in the UK.

A top choreographer in his field, Tonioli has worked on countless films, plays, music videos, commercials, concerts, trade and television shows with such world renowned artists as Elton John, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Tina Turner and Paul McCartney.

Tonioli left his native northern Italy for the UK to pursue a career in dance. Before becoming a choreographer, he appeared in numerous stage productions and music videos, including Elton John's I'm Still Standing.

He has choreographed many films, including Ella Enchanted, starring Anne Hathaway, Minnie Driver and Joanna Lumley; What a Girl Wants, starring Amanda Byrnes, Colin Firth and Kelly Preston; Enigma, with Kate Winslett, Dougray Scott & Saffron Burroughs; Blow Dry, starring Alan Rickman and Natasha Richardson; Hotel Splendide, starring Toni Colette & Steven Tompkinson; Very AnnyMary!, with Jonathan Pryce and Rachel Griffiths, and Little Voice, starring Jane Horrocks, Michael Caine and Brenda Blethyn.

Tonioli has worked on a long list of music videos, including Sheena Easton's "Giving Up, Giving In," Wycliffe and Bono's "New Day United Nations Video for Kosovo," Culture Club's "Your Kisses are Charity," Elton John's "Please," Sting's "This Cowboy Song," Michael Jackson's "Give it to Me," Tina Turner's "Steam Windows," Rolling Stones' "One Hit," Freddie Mercury's "Great Pretender" and Paul McCartney's "Hope of Deliverance," among others.

His concert credits include Tina Turner, Foreign Affair Tour; Banarama, World Tour; Duran Duran World Tour, Dead or Alive, Japan; and Paul Young, Europe.

Dance War - Bios - ABC.com

Re: Bruno Tonioli - Team Captain

Is it possible to root for NEITHER Bruno NOR Carrie Ann?

Somehow I want them BOTH to be able to lose.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

___ Carrie Ann's performers

___ Bruno's performers

_X_ Len "none of the above"
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Right. In this contest, I'll vote LEN all the way.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like Bruno, he has such a great personality, sense of humor.

Having never been a fan of Elton John through the years, I had never seen any of his music videos from the 1980's. But I admit my curiosity got the better of me when reading that a 1980ish Bruno was heavily featured and center-staged in John's video of I'm Still Standin', so I went to youtube and found it, watched it, and was amazed at the young Bruno in that video. And a bit embarrassed seeing him in some of the costumes he wore in the video -- the police outfit, anyone? But overall, it was a fun time watching him (he's so easy to pick out and watch). He hasn't changed hardly a whit over the years, just a few more wrinkles, but that personality is undeniably there.

If you want some fun, go to youtube and do a search on Elton John I'm Still Standin' and watch the video (not the live performances) and have fun watching Bruno strutting his package stuff from about 25 years ago.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fan

You can also search for Carrie Ann Inaba Austin Powers--

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order

I was never a fan of Bruno's until he picked his team. I am totally thrilled with each person he chose. He picked all my favs. When he started out with Zach , I knew I couldn't vote for any other team.

Bruno is such a character! I love watching him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Congratulations Team Bruno. You definitely deserve it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast