+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrie Ann Inaba - Team Captain

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Carrie Ann Inaba - Team Captain

Carrie Ann Inaba
    Team Captain

Carrie Ann Inaba's original and creative choreography can be seen in numerous hit shows on television, including American Idol and the opening credits of So you Think you Can Dance? In 2005 she signed on as a judge for the hit ABC series Dancing with the Stars, and now, along with Dancing co-judge Bruno Tonioli, she'll serve as coach and choreographer for ABC's Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann.

Inaba is currently a correspondent with NBC's Extra. She also recently hosted a travel DVD entitled Tokyology, offering a light hearted look at Tokyo and things to do there off the beaten path. Fluent in Japanese, she narrates the project in Japanese and in English, and serves as a producer as well.

Her talents as a dancer, choreographer and host have brought Inaba opportunities on the big screen. She co-starred as Fook Yu in New Line Cinema's Austin Powers: Gold Member. Her first encounter with Mike Myers was in the company of Heather Graham as Felicity Dancer in Austin Powers II: The Spy Who Shagged Me. She was also featured in such movies as American Virgin and Monster Mash, and as a dancer in Boys and Girls, Flintstones II, Showgirls and Lord of Illusions.

In 1990 Inaba landed a prize position as a Fly Girl on FOX's popular sketch comedy show, In Living Color, which in turn led to a stint as one of Madonna's main dancers in her Girlie Show World Tour.

Inaba's choreography credits include a variety of television shows, American Idol, American Juniors, The TV Land Awards, The Swan, Starting Over and Dance Fever, to name a few. In addition her moves can be seen in several music videos, including Ricky Martin's Shake Your Bon Bon. She also worked on the Miss America Pageant for four consecutive years, and on Fashion TV's World Super Model Pageant in Dubai.

Inaba is an extremely successful recording pop artist in Japan. Under her own company, EnterMediArts Inc., she directs, writes and edits digital documentaries and films and is also developing television projects. She created and developed a dance empowerment program for Leeza Gibbons' Memory Foundation, designed for Alzheimer's sufferers and their caregivers. The program was introduced in April 2006, at the opening of Leeza's Place in Hollywood California.

Inaba is a yoga and martial arts devotee and spends a great deal of time writing in her journal and playing piano. A strong advocate of education, she continues to seek ways to educate people about movement, health and fitness. She is native of Hawaii, and she currently resides in Los Angeles.

Dance War - Bios - ABC.com

Re: Carrie Ann Inaba - Team Captain

Where's the love for Carrie Ann? Is it the bad pic?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

It is a terrible pic of her IMO...........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Carrie Ann is my favorite judge on Dancing with the Stars. Can't wait to actually see her choreography and singing ability in action. It is hard for me to imagine Bruno being able to out shine her!!!

FORT Newbie

All this time I thought she was just a ballroom dancer. I don't even see that in her credits. I love her as a judge on Dancing with the Stars and am really looking forward to this new show on January 7.

I like her and can't wait to see what she does on the show.

FORT Fan

She used to annoy me in the first few seasions of DWTS...but she has alot more personality in this show!! I have a new "like" for her......looking forward to seeing her talents with these contestants.

I was surprised to read she is also a recording artist.....

i thnk the photo is pretty nice. i've seen worse of famous people.
    All was well.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order

I was planning on rooting for her team because I really like her. Then she didn't pick any of my favs so I can no longer even consider supporting her. I'll be her biggest fan next DWTS.

I saw her in a TMZ video with her boy toy Artem from So you think you can dance.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast