+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Finale Show discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    I may be in the majority, but I really liked the simpleness of Liz's designs. All I could say to Princess' were YUCK, I would not be caught dead in them...but then again, I don't get Urban Shiek, coming from a more rural area. The sweater dress looked to me like a hand-me-down from several different sweaters, which each may have had stains in other places, and this was a way to re-use them (kind of like a quilt).

Chris, at least, designed something looking toward the future, but that was very stylish today. I'm glad he won.

Seeing James again was great, and the guy who was kicked off after the night-club episode. I hope they both do well too.

I totally agree with you about that sweater! It definitely looked like she put two or more different things together to get one outfit. A hodge podge - and she certainly didn't knit it - why would she say she did?

Who said Princess didn't knit the (ugly-ish) dress??? My mom knits - you'd be surprised how quickly she can whip something up.

I'm glad Chris won, but I though the assignment was to create a lifestyle/brand - he did ONE outfit, zero other furnishings, and "showcased" it with a bunch of flying debris. I don't think he fulfilled the assignment very well
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

My. Gawd. I'm so glad that Liz didn't win. Princess' clothing was ugly--I can't figure out why Tommy complimented her.

Chris was great. The assignment was INDEED to create a lifestyle brand. "Lifestyle" means, at least according to Tommy's own definitely, to create an identity. Chris did that, a well, WITH just one outfit and props. I didn't need anything else for him to showcase his talents--that's what great design of any kind is about. Simple is most often better.

I was hoping Liz would win. But I'm very very very happy Chris won.

ANYONE but Princess.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Who said Princess didn't knit the (ugly-ish) dress??? My mom knits - you'd be surprised how quickly she can whip something up.
    Because she didn't. She took two sweaters, cut them how she wanted them, and hand-stitched them together. The closest she came to knitting was taking yarn and sewing the top and bottom halves of the dress together...which is not knitting, except in its strictest definition. The dress itself? Not 'hand knitted' by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly not by Princess.

...Oh good grief, I'm totally admitting I watched that show, aren't I. Oh, the shame, the shame...

Tay

I'm glad Chris won, but I though the assignment was to create a lifestyle/brand - he did ONE outfit, zero other furnishings, and "showcased" it with a bunch of flying debris. I don't think he fulfilled the assignment very well
    I was quite surprised that Tommy didn't call him only making one outfit as it didn't seem to create a whole lifestyle.

I personlly loved Liz's, even if it is 'plain' it was classy and will last forever. I think that Liz probably made it plainer than normal due to time constraints and trying to create a whole brand, rather than one piece like Chris, which then led to her downfall.

While I can appreciate Princess's style, it certainly is not mine. I can see the vision that Chris had, but again, not my style. I was really hoping for a Liz win, but hopefully she will get noticed since I think she created some amazing dresses and someone should hire her.

FORT Fogey
    You're right on Elizabeth:

Sure, her's was plain, but I liked her's overall better myself.

BTW, as for why the finale was on Wednesday (being jerked back from Friday), I think what happened was this:

The finale was originally going to air tomorrow night (Friday) at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by a two-hour "Fashion Rocks" concert at 9:00 PM ET/PT that is still scheduled, with I assume CBS calling it "A night of fashion." That was before Katrina, however, and I think CBS had to move the finale back to Wednesday because all six broadcast networks (and PBS) are airing a one-hour concert for Katrina relief tomorrow night at 8:00 PM ET/PT.

I agree, Chris did NOT do the assignment. But he was so into Tommy's brand that it was almost inevitable they would choose him.

I did not think Princess knitted, the most obvious reason being that we SAW her cutting up pre-made sweaters and sewing them together. Also, she kept bragging about all of her supposed skills, and never once mentioned knitting. You can bet if she could do it, she would have opened her big fat mouth about it repeatedly while griping about how Elizabeth couldn't do it etc. So in addition to all of the other abhorrent qualities that Princess exudes, we can add that she is a LIAR.

I think in this show and Big Brother we are seeing the tide of America's opinion turning away from the nasty, clicquish mentality that tries to single out certain people for derision and outcast. I wonder if the disgusting haters on these shows can see how their own nasty attitudes backfired on them, or if they still have tunnel vision. I'm betting Princess is still full of herself.

I had to root for Liz because of how they all treated her, but I hope when she watches the show she realizes what a true friend she had in Felix. It was kind of "ouch" that she didn't pick him first. But I wish both of them the best of luck in their careers.

We were surprised they were going to choose someone for a $250K job on the basis of a two-day task. I think Project Runway got that part right, giving them a workable budget and months to get their presentation together. That showed more of what they were really capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    You're right on Elizabeth:

The finale was originally going to air tomorrow night (Friday) at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by a two-hour "Fashion Rocks" concert at 9:00 PM ET/PT that is still scheduled, with I assume CBS calling it "A night of fashion." That was before Katrina, however, and I think CBS had to move the finale back to Wednesday because all six broadcast networks (and PBS) are airing a one-hour concert for Katrina relief tomorrow night at 8:00 PM ET/PT.
    Because CBS jerked the show around I forgot they were moving it and missed the finale! I'm so pissed! Grrrrr...

Thanks for the recap though. Glad Chris won, Princess came in second and the annoying Liz was "out of style."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast