+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Finale Show discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    And Mr. Hilfiger takes the final walk.

"Mom I did it"
    -Chris

I am sure Mom was proud of you anyway
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Good job, Chris, you were the best.

Is anyone really surprised the man whose entire wardrobe consists of Hilfiger clothes won?

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon
    Is anyone really surprised the man whose entire wardrobe consists of Hilfiger clothes won?
    I always say you get more flies with honey
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon
    I had been meaning to address this when it has been brought up before.

I don't think Chris scored any points by being dressed head to toe in TH. In the first episode I think TH looked at him funny, thinking it was all an act.

The only connection that I see is that it appears that CC is obsessed with TH (in a good way) and that not only his clothes and but his other actions represented that he was giving it his all to work in the fashion industry and especially for TH.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

This finale was pretty lame, and it was obvious who would win. He brought in a dozen or so designers who were not right for the Hilfiger brand at all and brought in one that was. So who else would he pick?

This was not about "Who is the best designer", it was about who was right for TH. That's fine, but I'm just glad their won't be a sequel.

BTW, I'm sick and tired of hearing the commentator/star's voice change when talking to the contestents. Do these shows think we are complete morons? It's obvious that Tommy isn't quick thinking enough to say something on the fly, so they must insert it later. This is the same thing they did with the Apprentice (I believe starting with Apprentice 2).

At least have the voices match up. They change the camera so you don't see the host, then the decibals go down several levels and the voice tone changes and hello, guess what, he never said actually said this but we are supposed to pretend like he did? WTF?!

xoxo
    Chris Cortez: yes yes he WON . he was my #1 pick from the very beginning n i am just sooo happy that he won! i luv the male outfit that he designed. n i'll b watchin out for his collection!

Princess: "The Cut" just wouldn't be the same without her. Princess IS the one with the most personality. after the 2nd eposide, i'm sure most ppl wanted her out fast (like me)...who would have thought she lasted this long...being the runner up? well, she ended up being my fav female contestant. i just absolutely love her spunky personality! n she was sooo cute when she was getting the manikins from the nice storeguy and was wearing the pink fur jacket that they gave her. at 1st, she was like, "it will look hot on me after i win"...n they just gave it to her!!! i did not know ppl are THAT nice these days...well, i guess there are. again, this show just wouldn't be the same without her! n on her outfits, i am absolutely in luv with the sweater dress n i totally dig the buttons shirt. i agree w/ Vlada when she said she would wear those outfits, c0z for me, i would luv to wear them; definitely my kind of style. happy to know that she was the runner up. would Chris hire her ? i hope so...but if he doesn't, i'm sure she will have lots of offer. Like TH said, she has massive talents. i'll b watching out for her future collections.

Liz: i agree w/ TH when he said that her outfits were plain .

Rob, Chris S, James, Felix: happy to see 4 of my fav guyz were back . luv the lil dance Rob did when he was picked by Princess.

Wes: lol...it was so cute watching him sleep. n i can't help but crack up when he was lying on Felix's shoulder ... Felix was like, "i always knew Wes thought highly of me, but i never thought he cares this much." i've always been neutral toward Felix, until 2 or 3 episodes ago. now, i'll miss watching him
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

FORT Fogey
    Princess said she knit that dress by hand. No she did not!! Blatant lie. I am shocked Hilfiger did not catch that. She lied to the guy who lent her the manikins, as well. She said the other company had $1200 of her money. She gave them $600.

The fur business lent her the coat and she said she would come back and buy it when she won.

Well, Chris was a nice enough guy I suppose. I found it strange that Tommy chose his #1 fan as the winner. Chris is not going to design anything Hilfigers team could create right now. Dumb show. I liked it, it kept me coming back. Dumb show though.

I enjoyed the show, and ended up routing for Elizabeth because I like her personality and how hard she tries, and I disliked how the others constantly badmouthed her.

I was glad to see Chris win though. He's very talented, and if fulfilling his dream.

I'll be watching for the next one, which will probably be even better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast