+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    All I'm saying is that if one person is getting four people to help her, the other people should also get four people to help them. I am not blaming Princess' loss on the fact that she didn't have as much help, but I am sure if she had Elizabeth's posse she would have been able to do better. And I am sure if Elizabeth didn't have her posse she wouldn't have done so great.
    Then Princess should have figured out how to get four people to help her. Figuring out how to secure and use resources is an important skill.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by aga
    Then Princess should have figured out how to get four people to help her. Figuring out how to secure and use resources is an important skill.
    I agree, but that wasn't my point. My point was that producers should have set up an even number of people to help each person.

I agree, but that wasn't my point. My point was that producers should have set up an even number of people to help each person.
    Princess should/COULD have done that herself, she chose not to. Bad use of resources is all. It's part of the contest to choose to use your resources well.

FORT Fogey
    All I'm saying is that if one person is getting four people to help her, the other people should also get four people to help them. I am not blaming Princess' loss on the fact that she didn't have as much help, but I am sure if she had Elizabeth's posse she would have been able to do better. And I am sure if Elizabeth didn't have her posse she wouldn't have done so great.
    Each candidate was given $500 to get the help they needed for the task on top of being provided a model of their choosing. Elizabeth obviously used her money very wisely getting the people she did to help her. Princess should not have complained about that at all.

Elizabeth has a lot of business savvy that win or lose will take her far in her career.

aga
    FORTified
    Princess seemed to have such an obsession with Liz in last night's episode that it may have clouded her judgement. Not only couldn't she take a page from Liz and Felix's book but she was hell bent on doing the opposite.

Princess is doing a disservice to herself. If she can't stand Liz then fine, Liz rubs a lot of the people the wrong way. But she needs to learn to look at the quality of an idea and judge it on the merits and not judge the person who offers up the idea if she wants to succeed in the business world.

Most of the contestants who thought this competition was being acted out on a junior high playground (Deanna, Shawna and Wes) are gone and the whiny little nerd that they spent all of their energy taunting and obsessing over is still in the game.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by aga
    Princess is doing a disservice to herself. If she can't stand Liz then fine, Liz rubs a lot of the people the wrong way. But she needs to learn to look at the quality of an idea and judge it on the merits and not judge the person who offers up the idea if she wants to succeed in the business world.
    Excellent point aga

What i don't understand is why Princess got upset.

There's a difference between a DESIGNER and a SEAMSTRESS. She was saying "You're supposed to be the designer!" Uh, she was. She just wasn't the seamstress. It's not like TH sits there and sews all his clothes together. No, he has tons of people working for him!!!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I really liked the shoes Felix made, he should have stayed. Princess is getting whiny and is starting to irritate me. Get over it already.

I agree it is great Liz got this far. BTW did anyone else think she looks a little like Tommy's daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Each candidate was given $500 to get the help they needed for the task on top of being provided a model of their choosing. Elizabeth obviously used her money very wisely getting the people she did to help her. Princess should not have complained about that at all.

Elizabeth has a lot of business savvy that win or lose will take her far in her career.
    Princess is a fuggin idiot. Whoever said above she is "starting" to irritate them must have only "started" to watch the show, since P. is irritating from the first nanosecond she opens her stupid mouth.

Heh, I just got an image of her opening her mouth like a turkey in the rain and drowning from her own stupidity. If she isn't smart enough to know when to hire someone, she doesn't deserve to win. But I am sure that Tommy's chastisement fell on deaf ears, she is so arrogant (like the rest of the haters).

Plus she may or may not know how to make patterns and sew, but her "designs" always look like crap. And she can't even speak English, so she can't "mix" very well with people as one would have to do in business.

No wonder she hates Liz. Liz is the polar opposite of her. Smart, classy, mature, well spoken, and has a great design sense. I loved Felix because he recognized that. He was smart enough to know you have to recognize the people you like working with and build a network to support your career.

I loved that Liz won the challenge not so much because I cared who Tommy picked to win (it matters more who he picks to send home), but because it poured salt into Princess's self-inflicted wounds. I was so hoping she would go this week now that most of the other haters have been eliminated! (Actually I have been praying for several weeks that she would go, since I cannot stand to see her open her fat mouth every week and spew self-deluding, hate-filled idiocies all over the airwaves.)
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-04-2005 at 12:16 PM.

I know this will shock many of you, but I am still rooting for Princess. I know that she showed no class in the latest episode (and Elizabeth did -- I gotta admit), but she has incredible talent and I like her way of doing things. Given that, I was disappointed in Princess' project. Tommy was right, she could of done much better than that. The project that I was the most impressed with was Elizabeth's. And I figured that out before Tommy gave his final verdict. Elizabeth's dress was by far the best one of them all and as a result, my opinion of her has risen up. I still want Princess to win -- I have been rooting for her since day one, but I wouldn't mind Elizabeth winning either.

So here's what I think of the final three:

Chris

Shining Moments

Listening to the rapper for ideas on remodeling the car (Week 2)

Well, he didn't really have any other shining moments, but he's the most consistent of the remaining three.

Lackluster Moments

The black leather pants. Making them leather was good, but Tommy was unimpressed with the band in black (Week 7)

The TH Special Edition airplane at Teleboro Airport. Chris (and Rob) were very unimpressive given their backgrounds (Week 8)

Like I said before, he is the most consistent of the final three, so Chris winning would be the "safe" choice for Tommy.

Elizabeth

Shining Moments

Designing the dress in the dress assignment (Week 4)

Designing the flag dress & atmosphere in the ad assignment (Week 10)

Designing a dress out of trash (Week 12)

Lackluster Moments

Miscommunicating the idea to Princess in the Native-American assignment (Week 5)

In the rock n' roll assignment, Elizabeth was a total trainwreck. First, she picked Princess last when she was the key player for the assignment. Then she had this idea of designing the band in black -- Tommy was very unimpressed (Week 7)

In the mannequin assignment, once again she was deadweight. Her way of bartering was unimpressive -- she was the last team to get any clothes at all!!! And Tommy was totally unimpressed with her & Felix's designs (Week 11)

Overall, Elizabeth is totally useless in team projects. Her ideas either get shot down or she is total deadweight. However, in the individual projects, Elizabeth can get things done!!! Given that she won BOTH individual projects, expect Elizabeth to shine in the finale!!!

I do not like the fact that Elizabeth continues to get trashed (that goes for you too, Princess!) Elizabeth is still here, so obviously, she is very talented.

Princess

Shining Moments

Princess' dress design. Yes, it wasn't executed correctly, but that was Tommy's fault. Tommy H. however was impressed with Princess' original design (Week 4)

In the rock n' roll task, Princess was the one that carried the team. She designed all of the clothing although I do agree with Tommy -- all black was just wrong. But Princess did her part and that's what counts! (Week 7)

Princess showed excellent social skills her second time out!!! (Week 8)

Princess once again carried her team -- this time to create an urban look using the clothes off of people's backs (Week 11)

Lackluster Moments

Unlike Chris (see above), Princess did the total opposite in the car remodeling task. Instead of listening to the rapper, Princess partied and drank the night away. As a result, her team lost the task and almost got eliminated!!! (Week 2)

Princess showed very poor & inappropriate social skills at Alex' Garfields house (Week 3)

With Wes & Deanna gone, Princess took over as the new president of the Anti-Liz club. Oh and Tommy is right about her design -- it was less than impressive (Week 12)

Princess can be a loose cannon sometimes, but she brings new & unique things to the table. She would be my pick to win, hands down, but it's all up to Tommy. He'll probably pick Chris or even Elizabeth.

Wednesday should be exciting. I'm rooting for Princess or Elizabeth, but this is anyone's game!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast