+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Liz did fine:

Even if you are the primary designer, you often can't do everything alone, and you do need a good support staff that understands your vision. That's why I think she will do very well no matter what the outcome of Wednesday's finale.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I like Felix, but I really didn't like his design.

I liked the other three designs, but Liz's and Chris's more than Princess's.

TH really likes Liz's elegant dress designs - that long black dress she designed early in the season, the American flag dress, and now this one.

My favorite is Chris though. Princess whines constantly and I find Liz annoying.

xoxo
    Chris: i loved his young-hip-traveler-female outfit (definitly my FAV). he wanted to prove to TH that he can do female outfits, and i think he succeed . good luck to Chris next week. i have been rooting for him to win since DAY 1, and in my honest opinion, i think he deserves to win the most!

Felix: although i think he has talent, his male outfit doesn't really stand out (though i would pick his over Liz). so yeah, between his and Princess's dress, i would go with Princess'. however, i am soo sorry to see him gone . he does have talent...passionate about what he does (if i remembered correctly, he cried 2x)...a very hard worker (he really does seem like the only contestant who doesn't sleep in order to get a task done)...a very generous person, like Liz said (somehow i think he helped out Liz more than he should have [on the individual task]...esp today's)...and oh yeah, he's very honest too. good luck to Felix! i wish him all the best!

Liz: like i stated above that i was really sorry to see Felix gone, c0z i was soooo hoping it was Liz this week to "take the runway", thus having Felix, Princess, and Chris for FInal 3. How the heck does Liz won so much praises from TH is still a mystery to me. n i was stun to see Liz's old classic-looking dress won over Chris's more hip looking outfit (or even Princess). heck, if it was me who is judging, i would picked Liz's outfit to be the worst.

Princess: haha i love her spunky personality, and the way she tells her model to "work it, work it" . n i love the way she talks about Liz with so much hated passion. i could totally feel what Princess is feelin, with her being sooo annoyed with Liz. as far as her outfit goes, i like it...not as much as i liked Chris', but i would say, i liked her better than Felix's male outfit and especially Liz's old classic-lookin dress. well, who the heck would have thought to see Princess going this far into the competition, especially remembering the way how she acted in the beginning (not very flattering to most ppl). she definitely redeemed herself big time, n i'm glad to see her in the FInal 3. now lets just hope to see Princess in the FInal 2 with Chris Cortez.
    Last edited by Hugsnkis321; 09-03-2005 at 02:58 AM.
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

Thanks for the update on the Cut guys. My CBS affiliate WBKB (We Barely Know Broadcasting) decided to put on two “This Old House” episodes instead.

I am so sorry to see Felix go. I thought TH really liked Felix because a couple of times its been Felix's specific work that won the contest for them (like TOMYNY and the TH on the plane tail)

I really loved Liz's dress! I thought it was an updated version of a classic line and I would wear it to a nice occasion in a heart beat. I just can't stand Liz's voice.

I like Chris. he works hard and clearly adores TH. I think his work is one note -- but hopefully he can evolve as he takes in experience.

Princess is my least favorite of the remaining contestants. She is way too proud of herself, is out of line in her communication choices at social functions, and isn't inventive in her designs

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugsnkis321
    now lets just hope to see Princess in the FInal 2 with Chris Cortez.
    The final episode is Wednesday, and it's a final three, NOT a final two.

What's good for the goose...

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I totally agree with Princess. Elizabeth shouldn't be there if she needs a crew of four to help her with this task.
    It wasn't a crew of 4 just for Liz. She AND Felix used the crew and I only counted 3. The one pattern maker they've used before and a male and a female seamstress. She and Felix seemed to share the pattern maker and then Liz had the male seam...(what's the male version of seamstress?)

I found it typical that Princess was whining about it so much but doesn't point out that she and Chris both had their own seamstress too

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Liz did fine:

Even if you are the primary designer, you often can't do everything alone, and you do need a good support staff that understands your vision. That's why I think she will do very well no matter what the outcome of Wednesday's finale.
    Wallyhorse, I too think it important to have a good support staff. Many designers are more the "vision" for their group than the hands on "creator" of the vision. Most RTW companies have teams of patternmakers, sample sewers, etc. Even if you aren't responsible for those elements of design in your job as designer, it is important that you understand the terminology and the process of how a garment is constructed.

I feel if you don't have the technical skills or knowledge, you should at least be able to communicate your vision. In my opinion, Liz could not communicate her vision. You don't have to be a talented artist to do so but she couldn't even get out a basic rough sketch. I don't feel her verbal communication of what she wanted was clear either. She couldn't put it into words and the patternmaker had to make her own interpretation. It's hard to say if the end result was what she had intended because she never really detailed her vision. She just made some very broad statements of what she wanted. She is very lucky she had such a talented patternmaker and sewer.

FORT Newbie

Tommy is SCHIZO - 9/2/05 episode

Anybody see the show tonight? What a schmuck this Tommy Hilfiger is!

First, he eliminates the two most creative people on the show (last week) for making items that are too cutting edge, then he goes and eliminates poor Felix for trying to give Tommy what he supposedly wants - "brand vision". After watching the two cutting-edge designers get sent home last week, Felix makes a perfectly BORING Tommy Hilfiger-type outfit out of trash and Tommy rips him to shreds saying there's nothing creative or original about it! And, that it's not "beautiful" as what was instructed. HUH??? Maybe Mr. Hilfiger should have defined "beautiful" for the purposes of this competition. Tommy has been putting out boring crap that looks the same for years.

And, to add even more insult, he chastizes poor Princess for having her model drop the skirt, in what has to be the most impressive, professional, runway presentation in the entire show! l Princess makes a cutting edge outfit with a hand-woven, reversible jacket, a skirt made out of pleated window blinds (really showing an ENORMOUS amount of innovation and creativity) and she's called on the carpet for it. She should go on Project Runway, where the really talented designers are (except no talent Wendy Pepper, of course).

She shows more talent than anyone else left in this competition and is light years over Mr. Hilfiger himself, who has never been anything more than a "poor man's Ralph Lauren". What did Hilfiger ever design, anyway? A striped, button-down collar shirt? In a bright color maybe? Pleeeeeeze!!! Lauren did the preppy thing first, did it better and keeps reinterpreting it year after year and making it fresh.

TOMMY HILFIGER IS NOT ONLY BORING TO WATCH IN A LEADERSHIP ROLE, HE'S [mod edit]!!! One week, he wants one thing and the next week he wants another. I wonder how his blonde, bimbo girlfriend deals with it? [mod edit]

I personally think the entire show is RIGGED and that the most untalented one, LIZ, will win. Her dress, made out of a sofa, was not only UGLY, DATED, OVERLY STIFF and UNSEXY, but it looked as though it were made by a junior high school home ec student!!! She is such an untalented brown-noser who seemingly can do no wrong in Tommy's eyes. I just want to PUKE.

The worst part was when he asked the models' if they'd want their boyfriends to wear Felix's outfit and they all turned their noses up. He should have asked them if they'd want their boyfriends wearing anything from the Hilfiger line, because Felix's outfit looked like it was "off the rack" from any Hilfiger department in the country!!!! These girls want their guys wearing Diesel or whatever the "hip" young brand is now, not middle-America Tommy Hilfiger preppie junk!!!! He also should have asked them which outfit they'd rather wear, Liz's or Princess's.

No wonder this show has been relegated to the TV programming graveyard of Friday night!! Tommy has ABSOLUTELY NO CHARISMA!!! Let's just say that Donald Trump, he's not! Martha Stewart, he's not. Heck, an eggplant has more personality then Mr. Hilfiger! The only reason I was even home watching it is because I'm sick with the flu and there was nothing else on but reruns!

AND, MARK MY WORDS, ELIZABETH WILL WIN!!! They've kept her around this long for a reason! Reminds me of another rigged CBS show "Wickedly Perfect" where they actually changed the show format to bring back the woman who was rigged to win, after she was VOTED off by the other candidates! CBS, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED -- VERY, VERY ASHAMED!!
    Last edited by hepcat; 09-03-2005 at 01:33 PM.

All I'm saying is that if one person is getting four people to help her, the other people should also get four people to help them. I am not blaming Princess' loss on the fact that she didn't have as much help, but I am sure if she had Elizabeth's posse she would have been able to do better. And I am sure if Elizabeth didn't have her posse she wouldn't have done so great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast