+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMBAForYAYAFan
    YES, IT WAS YAYA ON 'THE CUT'
    'The Cut' was not shown in the NYC/NJ area because of the NFL games and was also NOT shown at 3am this morning as shown in the TV guides. "Numbers" came on instead.---SO DISAPPOINTED!!!
    Apparently, what happened was, at the last minute CBS made a switch and decided to air The Cut instead of Numb3rs following the Lions-Jets game and aired "Numb3rs" at 3:00 AM without telling anyone.

I'm suspecting Mr. Hilfiger himself must have complained to CBS management about his show being moved to 3:00 AM because of football, and given New York is the fashion capital of the world, CBS might also have gotten a sizeable enough number of complaints from viewers of the show that CBS switched around the schedule (I'm suspecting "The Cut" is much more popular in New York than elsewhere).

We have a similar situation coming up here in Philly when the next episode is scheduled to air on August 26 (as of now, there is no episode next week due to an NFL Preseason game airing on the full CBS network) as the Eagles I believe have a game that night on our CBS-Owned station (KYW-TV, Channel 3), however, unlike New York, the UPN station here in Philly (WPSG-TV, Channel 57) is also owned by CBS (UPN is CBS' sister network), so what will likely happen here is CBS' Friday night lineup that night likely being moved from KYW-TV to WPSG-TV since both are owned by CBS (in New York, FOX actually owns the UPN affiliate).

I hate sports, can I tell you that? And I especially loathe when they preempt my programs. So what was that thread about The Cut being cut (cancelled)? Is it really, or have they just bumped it off the schedule for a while because of stupid, stupid sports?

well i was very happy to finally see Shauna go.. she had no ideas of her own, ever.
    not sure when the next episode will air, but the preview said that 2 contestants will be eliminated next time.

and i personally think that elizabeth is getting the winner's edit, but that is just my opinion, i don't have any idea who will win.

Quote Originally Posted by starkisssed
    and i personally think that elizabeth is getting the winner's edit, but that is just my opinion, i don't have any idea who will win.
    I hope so. She's by far my favorite. Her photo and dress were fabulous.

So, any word on when the next episode is?

I hope Elizabeth wins too. Or Felix... or even Chris...everyone else, ew.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I haven't been able to determine from tv listings when it will be shown in the LA area as CBS also has a football game in the time slot here as well. I guess I'll keep checking on-line for an updated time.

Call me crazy *sigh* but I still like Deana. Tommy asked her if she had learned something from the criticism of her photo and she nodded. Yes, she is hardnosed and does not get along with Elizabeth and she is in the New York hip iconic moment rather than a world view of a New York standard iconic moment. Wait - didn't Tommy ask them for a New York moment? And hasn't he been pushing for hip and now? Then the criticisms turned on whether they could be branded world-wide. He wants fresh (I thought the cat was a good idea - but, she could have had 5 on leashes to make it even better) but goes with the trite. Yes, Elizabeth's Tommy color scheme was striking and the seamstress did a terrific job on pinning the flag into a ballgown, but what does Tommy want? The same question every week. Haven't I seen the bubblegum photo before? Maybe in a "Got Milk" ad? Besides DKNY I've also seen the model exiting cab photo in perfume ads. Felix tried for emotion, too bad he couldn't use a computer to manipulate the photo so the statue loomed as he envisioned.

Enough rant - I just want to be able to see them tote manequins all over the city next week.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chesara
    Uh Oh, Felix , Dean, Shauna, Princess in the pit
    I don't think Princess was called to the pit this time. Tommy actually liked her photo, I think he even complimented her.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    So, any word on when the next episode is?

I hope Elizabeth wins too. Or Felix... or even Chris...everyone else, ew.
    As of now, the next episode is a week from Friday (August 26) at 9:00 PM ET/PT, however, do check your local listings as there are several NFL Preseason games that night. There is no episode this Friday because of a previously-scheduled NFL Preseason game between the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets on CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    Call me crazy *sigh* but I still like Deana.
    Ok, you're crazy.

Deana might be okay if she wasn't so rude to Elizabeth. I just can't like someone with so little class.

Tommy was right on about her photo. It looked just like Paris Hilton and she's been done to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    Ok, you're crazy.

Deana might be okay if she wasn't so rude to Elizabeth. I just can't like someone with so little class.

Tommy was right on about her photo. It looked just like Paris Hilton and she's been done to death.
    I actually liked Deanna for a long, long, long, long time. But I'm tired of her Elizabeth trashing. I am an Elizabeth fan now. The look on Denna's face when Elizabeth won, followed by being sent in the pit immediately was priceless.

I want to see Elizabeth or Princess win although I wouldn't mind Wes, Felix, or Chris either. Just not Deanna. Not anymore.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast