+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cut cancelled?

The Cut cancelled?

The reason I ask is, my TiVo doesn't show any episodes past this Friday. Usually TiVo shows a couple of week's ahead. That will be really, really crappy if CBS pulls this after we've invested so much time.

These kinds of things have happened before. I know they pulled "The Law Firm" after a few episodes and Fox pulled "Playing it Straight" after 5 or 6 episodes. Also, ABC pulled "The Mole 2" and put it on hiatus for nearly 9 months, which sucked because by that point the mole had been leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by johannaauthor
    Also, ABC pulled "The Mole 2" and put it on hiatus for nearly 9 months, which sucked because by that point the mole had been leaked.
    That made me sooo mad when they did that because I was into that show. They replaced it with like America's Funniest Home Videos or something.

Maybe there will be yet another time slot shuffle.

It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to cancle the show. CBS has already produced and paid for the remaining shows, its not like they are going to loose more money on this thing. Any programming they put on in its place would be more expensive, reality TV is very cheap to produce.

Last years reality show disaster Wickedly Perfect stayed to the bitter end and that show made the Cut look like Shakespeare in the park. CBS could be looking to condense a couple of the episodes so it’s over faster.

The real problem is that they have sort of hit the bottom with reality TV program ideas. And lets face it the Cut could not of looked like that much of a winner even on paper.

Rab
    I thought Wickedly Perfect was one of the better reality shows I've watched. It was brilliant compared to the Cut.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by johannaauthor
    The reason I ask is, my TiVo doesn't show any episodes past this Friday. Usually TiVo shows a couple of week's ahead. That will be really, really crappy if CBS pulls this after we've invested so much time.
    As previously noted in another thread, CBS already had an NFL preseason game scheduled for Friday, August 19.

I suspected the move to Friday was for just two weeks as it was a better fit between Veronica Mars and Numb3rs.

CBS may wait until after Labor Day to finish The Cut because many CBS stations will be pre-empting regular programming over the next few weeks for NFL preseason games locally.

FORT Newbie
    Usually when a show moves to Friday, it's one step away from death.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCodeDude
    Usually when a show moves to Friday, it's one step away from death.
    Not always true.

These days, it's when a show moves to Saturday that it's the kiss of death (a far cry from 30 years ago, when CBS' big night of the week was actually Saturday, with what would be a Sunday night lineup these days).

Some shows, even in recent years have actually thrived on Friday nights (anyone remember Dallas, which was a Friday night show that often was #1 overall in its prime?).

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Not always true.

These days, it's when a show moves to Saturday that it's the kiss of death (a far cry from 30 years ago, when CBS' big night of the week was actually Saturday, with what would be a Sunday night lineup these days).

Some shows, even in recent years have actually thrived on Friday nights (anyone remember Dallas, which was a Friday night show that often was #1 overall in its prime?).
    Dallas wasn't all that recent (ended in 91, but was #1 in the early 80's), but you're right - shows like Numb3rs and even the cancelled Law & Order: Trial By Jury from last season both did pretty well on Friday. Still, The Cut being moved to Fridays is definitely CBS' way of hiding it. It might even have to finish its run on another network (like NBC did with Last Comic Standing 3 and the Law Firm). Does CBS have another network like NBC has Bravo that acts as a dumping ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I thought Wickedly Perfect was one of the better reality shows I've watched. It was brilliant compared to the Cut.
    Well...compared to The Cut so is a test pattern….

At this point, I wouldn't care if it was cancelled, I just want to know who wins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast