+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

If the team had been really smart they would have stamped "Limited Edition" or something minor yet different on the outfits. Then sold them to wholesalers for $10. Would have made a killing. $5 was too low and they could have always had a sale in the last hour. If they'd sold them for $10 for the first few hours they could have sold the rest for $3 and still come out ahead in the end (assuming they sold enough for $10). Always start high and work down.

Hadn't seen the show in a few weeks and I have to admit I laughed during the whole episode. Unfortunately, it was a painful pity type of laugh. What a poorly designed show.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna
    .....and Felix not cooperating....he should have gone home....

I am sure Tommy regrets not organizing the rules for that project more thoroughly like......you can't sell the clothes for under so many $$
    Felix could not go because he was on the winning team. If the team lost, Wes would have been a sure bet to go because he lost the key, costing his team an entire day of sales.

I do agree in making the shirts at least $20-25 and the jeans $30-35. Those restrictions would have made this more interesting.

I was shocked that Felix's team won in light of their losing an entire day, but Deanna's team deserved to lose because they were overconfident in not even heading out until mid-morning, not knowing how Wes, Elizabeth, et al would choose a spot in Brooklyn at the Marcy Avenue station on the "J" line (the first stop in Brooklyn coming from Manhattan) where they were able to do a cut-rate sale, get a ton of customers and do it at 8:00 AM on a Sunday in the dead of winter to boot!

Lesson learned: Never be overconfident.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Felix could not go because he was on the winning team. If the team lost, Wes would have been a sure bet to go because he lost the key, costing his team an entire day of sales.
    I was pretty sure it was Felix who lost the key, but I do believe that Wes would have most likely been the one to leave as he was the one who came up with the selling of the clothes for $5. Then again, the way the elims have gone, who knows who would have left really... it is so unpredictable.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by starkisssed
    I was pretty sure it was Felix who lost the key, but I do believe that Wes would have most likely been the one to leave as he was the one who came up with the selling of the clothes for $5. Then again, the way the elims have gone, who knows who would have left really... it is so unpredictable.
    I thought it was Felix, but then I thought it was Wes. No matter, one of them would have gone if they lost for losing the key.

Poor Elizabeth! She continues to take the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I also wouldn't pay $5 for a TH t-shirt that someone had stamped I TH on with a yoga mat.
    Or a spraypainted shirt. How are you supposed to launder spraypaint?

When Deanna and Princess were called into the pit, I thought, oh please let one of these annoying women leave this week! No such luck.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    so TH was annoyed that his clothes were priced too low?? Personally, I would never buy a $75.00 shirt and I think his prices are too high! Then he was complaining that the people scooping up the $5.00 merchandise were going to go sell it?

Isn't that exactly what he did when he first started out? He bought clothes and sold them. (which is something I don't understand the concept of- why did he get successful buying other companies things?)
    You got it right on

Tommy is such depressing person. Why would anyone want to work for this person?
    He gets upset when people do exactly what he asked them to do.
    Then he threatens them, "I'm gonna remember that."
    It's none of his business what people do with their clothes after they buy them.
    If they do turn around and sell it FOR MORE around the corner, shouldn't that make him happy?

He makes me appreciate Donald Trump even more.

As someone said already, Tommy already knows who he's gonna hire.

And 5 dollars for a shirt is still a hundred times more than it cost him to make in China.
    Last edited by Miss Filangi; 08-09-2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: mod edit - language

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    to the site realitybuff

I agree, it's great that the contestants will finally be competing as individuals.
    I was expecting more from this show in terms of the talent of the contestants.
    I know this has been said a lot in various threads, but I too thought it would be more akin to Project Runway where the contestants would not only be designing clothes but would also have the talent to be able to construct them.
    There seems to be very few contestants who are actually capable of constructing even a basic garment which I find irritating.
    I guess Tommy had no real training when he started so he figures the prospective designers don't need any either.
    I as well expected more creativity from the contestants. People I know who were interested in fashion design were drawing and sewing all the time. I haven't seen any of them drafting designs either. I think many of these shows are looking for personalities rather than talent.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234