+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

This was a pretty good episode, but again I didn't like the challenge.
    I don't really rate TH clothing and would not pay $70 for a TH shirt.
    I also wouldn't pay $5 for a TH t-shirt that someone had stamped I TH on with a yoga mat.
    Inventive yes, but there is no way I'd wear that if it was given to me.

I was been a lurker in while for a while, so I decided to join in....Yesterday eisode was clearly the best so far.....I laughed so hard because it clearly pained TH to award Wes' team as the winner....He was so PO'd that they were selling all of his clothes for $5.00.....The other worked better together but the location killed them, so I agreed with the decision with Rob leaving...As much as I like the Liz/Princess fight, Princess doing the hokey pokey in the pit killed me....As for the remaining people left, I don't who deserves to win.....I am glad that this was the last team challenge.....Who we can see who is really talented...

to the site realitybuff

I agree, it's great that the contestants will finally be competing as individuals.
    I was expecting more from this show in terms of the talent of the contestants.
    I know this has been said a lot in various threads, but I too thought it would be more akin to Project Runway where the contestants would not only be designing clothes but would also have the talent to be able to construct them.
    There seems to be very few contestants who are actually capable of constructing even a basic garment which I find irritating.
    I guess Tommy had no real training when he started so he figures the prospective designers don't need any either.

aga
    FORTified
    My front-runners for taking it all are Deanna, Felix and Chris.

Although, I am bothered by how Felix "checked out" when the key got lost.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    to the site realitybuff

I agree, it's great that the contestants will finally be competing as individuals.
    I was expecting more from this show in terms of the talent of the contestants.
    I know this has been said a lot in various threads, but I too thought it would be more akin to Project Runway where the contestants would not only be designing clothes but would also have the talent to be able to construct them.
    There seems to be very few contestants who are actually capable of constructing even a basic garment which I find irritating.
    I guess Tommy had no real training when he started so he figures the prospective designers don't need any either.

I loved Project Runway!!!!! I can't wait for that to start up again.....I really thought The Cut would be a little like it, but oh well ....And since I spent time watching it from the begining, I have to see who wins....BTW...does anyone know when Project Runway starts again????

Quote Originally Posted by chesara

I think Tommy already knows who he's going to pick but the show must drag, I mean, go on . I predict either Deanna or Felix will win. Not saying I think they should win, I just think it will be one of those two.
    I'm still rooting for Chris. I think he has the most *people skills* there- and his work is good. Deanna is a bully and Felix buckles under pressure. I won't be sad if either of them win, but I think Chris is the best out of all of them.

My fave to win was James but sadly and unfairly, he got the boot. I like Chris too. I don't really know what Tommy is looking for in the way of skills so it's hard to decide who is best for the job, likeable or not.

Shauna and Princess are the only two that can really sew but I'm sure Tommy has a team of seamstresses so although sewing is a plus, it's probably not a must. Elizabeth knows how to expand on an idea but she can't really come up with one on her own. Deanna is a bully but bullying teammates that you are trying to win the game over is different then working with Tommy's staff. I think she would know her place as the new kid on the block if she was hired. Felix probably would crack under the pressure. Wes, I haven't figured him out yet.

You have to remember, they are all competeting against each other and won't act the same way with co-workers. At least I hope not anyway because I'm sure he will fire just as easily as he can hire.

I've never watched Project Runway but I might check it out when it returns.
    Last edited by chesara; 08-06-2005 at 03:54 PM.

FORT Fan
    I definitely didn't like yesterday's show. It was the first time when I thought the team that should have won hands down didn't win. I just hated that they lost. I didn't want the team who got outsiders to paint for them last week to win, I thought the Felix stamping the shirts was so ridiculous cheap and cheesy, I just didn't want them rewarded for garbage.

FORT Fan
    I had supported Felix, but, I was definitely disappointed in the way that he didn't accept responsibility for losing the key. I don't know, but losing a key was just such a stupid thing to do. How hard is it to keep up with a key?

Quote Originally Posted by rikyrah
    I definitely didn't like yesterday's show. It was the first time when I thought the team that should have won hands down didn't win. I just hated that they lost. I didn't want the team who got outsiders to paint for them last week to win, I thought the Felix stamping the shirts was so ridiculous cheap and cheesy, I just didn't want them rewarded for garbage.

and they called their creations designer clothes
    I too thought most of their creations were taking sleeves from one shirt and putting them on another and stamping "designs"......how lame is that????

.....and Felix not cooperating....he should have gone home....

I am sure Tommy regrets not organizing the rules for that project more thoroughly like......you can't sell the clothes for under so many $$
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast