+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cut Moves to Fridays at 9:00 PM ET/PT beginning August 5

FORT Fogey

The Cut Moves to Fridays at 9:00 PM ET/PT beginning August 5

The show is being moved again:

This time, The Cut has been moved to Fridays at 9:00 PM ET/PT beginningthis Friday (August 5). The show will be airing in-between Veronica Mars, a breakout hit on UPN that is getting a limited tryout on sister network CBS and Numb3rs, which was a heavily hyped show when it premiered last winter.

aga
    FORTified
    I think Fridays are a throwaway time slot. CBS is just running out the clock on this show.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fogey
    I think CBS just doesn't want to cancel The Cut yet, so they are moving it to the dreaded Friday slot.

CCL
    Hm, crappy timeslot. If it is not playing at another time on timeshifting I guess I'll no longer be viewing. I don't think Tommy H has come off very well from this encounter with reality tv. I never was a Tommy buyer, really, but now I think I would actively avoid his product.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    I think CBS just doesn't want to cancel The Cut yet, so they are moving it to the dreaded Friday slot.
    Canceling wouldn’t make a hell of a lot of sense unless the cut was in negative numbers (which it might well be) Its already over and done with, the episodes are all filmed and in storage. They won’t loose any more money on this than they already have and canceling won’t get their investment back.

Last years bomb “Wickedly Perfect” should have been canceled (it was just painful to watch) but it wasn’t’…they ended up doing random time slots and condensing the final episodes but they kept it on.

Anyone know just how bad the ratings for “The Cut” are?

aga
    FORTified
    I agree that they won't cancel a reality show in the middle of its run. I have been wondering how many more episodes are left. I think that there are 8 contestants left, so presumably there are 6-7 more episodes.

Although condensing the episodes is an interesting thought.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by aga
    I agree that they won't cancel a reality show in the middle of its run. I have been wondering how many more episodes are left. I think that there are 8 contestants left, so presumably there are 6-7 more episodes.

Although condensing the episodes is an interesting thought.
    Actually, I think this move was done because it is going to have a show (Veronica Mars) that developed such a loyal following on UPN that Viacom (UPN and CBS' parent) decided to give it a limited shot on CBS directly in front of it. It makes a lot more sense to have The Cut there as opposed to a repeat of 60 Minutes II, which gets a much older audience and really doesn't give Veronica Mars or Numb3rs (which follows "The Cut") a fair shot at getting decent ratings.

I'm suspecting this move is specifically because of Veronica Mars now airing Fridays on CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon
    Anyone know just how bad the ratings for “The Cut” are?
    July 27th episode drew 3.8 million viewers. The premiere drew 6.59 million and was considered a disappointment.

The 20th highest rated show last week (King of Queens) received 7.4 million. Big Brother draws about 8 million.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the info Stump:

I wonder how this Friday's episode did, having Veronica Mars and its very loyal audience as a lead-in?

Well if NBC can pull the Law Firm after just two episodes then I wouldn't put it past CBS to pull The Cut especially after moving it to Fridays - moving a show is always the first sign of looming trouble. It's a summer show and everything else is reruns so they might as well let it play out. However, I do think The Cut is dragging on too long and think two people should be cut every episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast