+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How were these contestants choosen?

How were these contestants choosen?

Half of these people that were choosen seem to know nothing about fashion, or designing outfits. I just dont get why Tommy choose them. There are like 5 people on the show that seem to know what they are doing, everyone just seems to be there. I dont get why he would choose people that have no idea about what they are doing. Like Jessica for example.

And the fact that they admit that Princess and Shauna are the only seamstresses?

What the hell? I'm sticking with Project Runway which is a million times better, and actually has REAL designers.

They probably responded to some kind of ad or a casting for people who dream of being in the fashion industry and were picked for their personality and ability to provide drama, not necessarily their ability.

Thats just stupid, what if the winner sucks and it makes the company lose money. They need ability, but Im sure someone that knows what they are doing will win.

aga
    FORTified
    For better or worse TH's story is not a story of a conventional designer. He hooks up with a couple of friends and acquires jeans from Manhattan and then takes them back upstate and resells them, then he and his partners open multiple shops. At some point he does some sketching of jeans and sportswear (I think) and they sell as well. He eventually ends up in NYC and achieves considerable success as a designer.

TH, despite his "soft" appearance, hustled his way to the top rather than designed his way to the top (not that there is anything wrong with that). I think this accounts for the schizo nature of the contestant selection and the off-the-wall judging of the challenges.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Will2005
    Thats just stupid, what if the winner sucks and it makes the company lose money. They need ability, but Im sure someone that knows what they are doing will win.
    I would be truly surprised if the winner was given any real responsibility, more than likely they will be shown off for whatever publicity Hilfiger can get from them and then made part of a “team” of experienced people who will make sure they don’t screw up to badly. If they can manage to produce adequately in this environment so much the better and if not they will be shown the door at the end of the year or whenever the public forgets about them.

aga
    FORTified
    It is actually good for TH that the ratings for this show are low. Imagine if it were a popular show like Survivor, AI or The Apprentice where the eliminated contestants made appearances on the morning shows. He would get reamed every week. If the contestants were unwilling to dish, then the interviewer would instigate their making candid comments.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Will2005
    They need ability, but Im sure someone that knows what they are doing will win.
    i think that "someone" could be Chris C. i truly think he is the best contestant of the bunch. i hope he wins!
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

Quote Originally Posted by aga
    He would get reamed every week.
    TH deserves to get reamed every week. He lost me after he kicked James off, one of the few with talent, intelligence and determination. I have not watched since and have rarely visited the forums. I was watching regularly before that and recording when I was not at home. I enjoyed the first couple of weeks until the elimination became whoever worked the hardest or showed a spark of originality went home. Game over for me.

+ Reply to Thread