+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCodeDude
    It's weird, he fired Jeff for not contributing anything this week, yet said about Liz that "at least she tried." But last week, he fired James because he took initiative, but his idea failed.

Hypocritical
    that's why i think his pick of who's "taking the runway" is unpredictable. you never know when he will judge someone on taking the leadership role but fail (Chris S, James) or contributing the least (Amy, Vlada, Jeff).
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsnkis321
    Team Wes-Deanna-Shauna- i hate them! they are too cocky for my liking! Wes-Deanna's egos rise up each week! n Wes is a jerk! i can't wait to see the look on his face when Rob shows him, he has more talent than just painting on jeans and t-shirts. btw, i'm surprise i actually saw Shauna working. so she can contribute to the team physically, other than just whining about crap!
    Agreed, they need to be taken down a notch.

Elizabeth missed her chance to do so when she picked the team. First best choice would have been Shauna and then Princess. If she had done so she would have not only gotten two clothing experts on her team broken up Wes and his evil stepsisters for two weeks.

The mixing of the teams is about the only interesting thing going on here but there seems to be no real strategy involved by these people.

Rob- poor Rob! Team Wes-Deanna-Shauna were totally putting him down for not having enough talent to contribute (which i don't think that's the case; i think they were just shutting Rob off c0z they think he's useless). this week was a close call for him, c0z if his team were to lose, Rob would have been gone. next week, i know Chris will pick Rob for his team, thus i hope he will step it up and show everyone that he is no follower! n i hope he would show more of his hidden talents (that would show cocky-a** Wes), c0z i know he has more talent than just painting clothes...right?
    Wes and his wicked step sisters have shoved rob into the back room two shows in a row now. They dissed him last week because he did his think with clothes (and probably helped them make the $200 dollars they won by) and this week by telling him to go warm the bleachers.

I wonder what he could have done with Elizabeth’s teams black wardrobe. Considering how bad the other teams band looked probably a lot.

Chris- still lovin' him ! somehow i knew Liz was gonna pick Chris 1st...and i'm glad she did! next week, i hope Chris picks a good team and win!
    With James gone Chris is my pick to win.

Well maybe I should amend that. Chris is the most talented of the remaining contestants but Hilfiger doesn’t seen to want talented individuals or people capable of leadership.

Jeff- his reaction when Tommy said he's "out of style" was priceless! n no, i don't feel sorry for him at all for not having a band member to work with (Sacrificial lamb if lost). though i do wonder why Liz picked him 2nd of all people...it totally rise up his ego!
    The second Liz picked Jeff I knew that team was going to loose. What was she thinking?

Liz- i agree with Chris when he said that Liz is a follower...
    Yeah that cam out pretty clear in this episode.

FORT Regular
    This has to be one of the worst reality shows ever, yet I'll continue to watch it and get frustrated.

I think TH knows who he wants to win already and is picking off everyone else one by one. He gives James and the Studio 54 guy the boot for being a leader in a failed project, yet then gives Jeff the boot for NOT contributing. I don't get it. Every week it changes it seems.

Liz was hilarious. She continued to say that she "picked" Princess. She didn't pick Princess, she was stuck with her. I'm starting to like Princess. Since she toned down her act, she's been a solid contributor.

The group that lost did so because they listened to their client. TH said that these bands have image problems, so they shouldn't have gone with what the band wanted, because that was their image already.

I think the competition comes down to Wes and Chris. Deanna maybe.

And it was good to finally see that Shaunna has some sort of talent (sewing) other than sleeping and talking through her teeth.

Adam

FORT Newbie
    Can I just say I LOVE you guys?!?!?? I totally don't like Shauna, but it seems like every other recapper is in awe of her! What does she do except jump for the chance to go on another trip with Tommy? I'm suprised that last week, as the team picker, she didn't get reprimended for going to Salt Lake when Felix did!! And then her stupid comment about having culture shock cause she's in Brooklyn. "I've been living in Manhattan for 16 years and never felt the need to go to this part of the world." She's a close, sheltered lady!!

UGGH!

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory
    I get the impression that I might be the only one here who isn't repulsed by the unholy triumvirate. Shauna I can take or leave, but I like Wes, and I think Deanna is a serious contender because she has both a good eye for style and great marketing capabilities. You don't run a shop on Melrose successfully unless you've got flair. You have to make a pretty penny to cover the rent alone.
    Yes, they may be snippy and catty, but they have formed a solid alliance that has pretty consistently carried them to success and hasn't yet collapsed under the pressure of this competition, and that says a lot about both their social acumen and their business skills - you've got to get along with people who compliment your strengths and weaknesses to get by and be successful.
    Of course, now that I've said this, they'll probably go down in a blaze of glory next week...

Quote Originally Posted by MrCodeDude
    I don't know why I watch this show.

It's weird, he fired Jeff for not contributing anything this week, yet said about Liz that "at least she tried." But last week, he fired James because he took initiative, but his idea failed.

Hypocritical
    It's like driving past a car wreck. You know it is rude to stare, yet you just cannot look away!
    I am a Wes/Deanna fan, Shauna kind of goes along for the ride. Most of the others are totally useless, as far as I can see. Speaking of wrecks, Jeff was an accident waiting to happen. What an ego!
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Now that I think of it:

Mr. Hilfiger may have been trying to prove a point here. While yes, the band may have wanted black, their wanting black might have not been a great move career-wise, whereas the team that didn't want the fashions the group wanted got something cutting edge that might help them get attention, and in the music business, getting attention is what matters.

That's the point Mr. Hilfiger I think was trying to get across to the teams.
    I see what you are saying, but I don't understand why they need an image. If they would just shower and shave and look presentable, why do they need matching outfits? I guess I've never noticed how a band looks, just what they sound like. They didn't really have much to work with either. I kept thinking of how I would dress the bands, and I couldn't come up with anything.

FORT Fan
    I had never watched this show before, but I caught it last night, and remained because my husband is in a band and we have some small experience with stylists. To the person upthread that asked about a stylist's making sketches and showing them to a client for approval, yes, that's how mnay work, but I bet with the tight production schedule they have to follow this step wasn't possible, so they had to kind of adapt and work with the bands in another way. And to the person that noted that one of the contestants said they should buy multiple items, and give the bands a choice, THAT is the way to go. Every stylist I have ever encountered has brought racks of clothing and accessories to a cleint's home or shoot. You would NEVER just pick out one thing and leave it up to good fortune that your client would like it. In addition, people like to feel in control, so allowing your client to choose form a range of items that you approve of gives the client the final say (very important, as most clients are at least somewhat full of themselves) and gives you the satisfaction of doing the job right.

As far as drinking with the bands, eh - a shot here or there wouldn't really fell any but the most novice drinker. You've got to know how to pace yourself.

Jeff was a jerk, that much I could tell form just that one episode (I can't imagine what he must have been like for the whole show). However, he could have presented what he did much, much better. I would have said something like "Well, there were four band members, so obviously we couldn't each have a person to be in charge of. I allowed the others to take each band member, and I dedicated myself to assisting each of them, so that they could work with the band member, and I could do whatever fetching, carrying, shopping, or whatever was needed for each other member of my team. You can't have nothing but chiefs in a tribe, you need workers too, and I was satisfied to play a support role this challenge." If he actually did assist the opther guys, then his point is made, and that way he wasn't attacking one specific person (like, I remember when TH started lighting intyo him about what did you do, he immediately turned on Elizabeth and said that she was not a finisher, etc. Bad strategy, the person you pick on is going to feel attacked, and the others are going to naturally rush to her defense. With my way, you are saying that you helped everyone, but not saying that any one particular person NEEDED help, or was bad in any way. So it's neutral instead of negative).

Jeez, I can't believe I wrote so much about such a bad show. I need a hobby.

I was completely disappointed that TH did not invite the musicians in to give their take on the outfits. What happened to the concept of doing what the client wants, that was so important in the decorating the car challenge? Back then it was all about the importance of listening to what the customer wants. This week it was about selling the customer on your vision. Is TH turning into Donald Trump so that the rules change from week to week?
    Liz's group did not do anything imaginative, but at least they listened to their client. Deanna's group went completely against their customer's wishes. Shauna, in her smug little way, even said that she would take scissors to the singer's jugular. And a pink shirt in a punk band? The band may have liked it, but we'll never know. Will they ever wear those costumes again? I really wanted to hear from the band.
    No one impressed me this week. I think that TH could have justified sending any of them home - with the possible exception, oddly enough of Princess. I say oddly enough because I thought that she should have been sent home weeks ago. But this week she was a work horse and her team would have been no where without her.

I often complain about the fact that Hilfiger has a “consultant” or two with him to help him determine what was well designed and what was not. I find it interesting that when he is by himself he tends to choose the poorer of the two teams efforts and this episode is no exception. Team Wes produced not just clothing the band hated but designs that would have been out of style in the 1980’s. The business tie skirt looked stupid no matter how you sliced it as did the poor guy Wes demanded wear something he not just hated but was uncomfortable in. The lesson of the second episode,(listen to your customer) was completely ignored by Hilfiger as the team that did listen to their band lost even though that band looked better and was obviously happy with the efforts. The conspicuous absence of the bands form the style forum tells me that Hilfiger knew exactly what they were going to say and their opinion would contradict his. It would be difficult to call one tem the losers when the customer is standing right there saying they are happy and the customer of the winning team is complaining about how they were ignored and how they hate their clothes. Solution….ignore the customer. Way to go Tommy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast