+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Yes, there was no logic in James leaving: James has good social skills, steps up and leads most of the time, and they produced a pretty good store. The only thing TH didn't like was the *gallery* name. He was completely screwed over by Felix leaving and then Jess got sick. I think TH saw James as a threat to him, and didn't want the competition.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here.

James is going to be a huge success in life and he does not need this show or Hilfiger to achieve that and I think Hilfiger knows this and was threatened by him.

I was also surprised that the spies didn't comment about the team eating while they were in there? I realize they have to eat, but don't do it in front of customers! And the spy who said "That was so retarded!"- I lost all respect for him or his viewpoint right then and there. How professional - NOT!
    I was pretty disgusted with the “spys” myself. This Simon Doonan individual, seemed to like Shauna because who recognized him, it was pretty clear he was there to get his ego stroked and got miffed when he Jeff and Elizabeth and Jessica treated him like any other person who walked into their store.

And when in the hell is Jeff going to get booted?? I cringe whenever he's on the screen because he's so bleck!
    Hilfiger seems to like Jeff (who knows why) and like so many other things going on in the show he is completely clueless about Jeff and what a strange individuals Jeff is.

Personally, I'm rooting for Chris Cortez. He is talented, smart and has some pretty good people skills as well. He should take it home, but the way TH is thinking- Princess will win!
    I don’t think Princess will win, the girl actually has talent and form what I have seen people with talent threaten Hilfiger.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugsnkis321
    Liz: Lil-miss-goody-two-shoes Liz doesn’t seem like herself this week. I agree with James that somehow she doesn’t work that hard when Felix is not around. Yeah, what is up with that?
    Speaking of Elizabeth, what is it with reality show candidates who have that name who are in turn ganged up on?

aga
    FORTified
    Deanna: Despite her eccentric appearance and sometimes abrasiveness, she is the strongest one in the competition. She works hard, she is creative and she shows leadership. If you look at the show, she was fairly gracious this week. It was Wes who acted like a jerk.

Jeff: I have joined the Jeff is a clueless nutcase bandwagon. Where do I even begin with this guy? Big shout out to the contractor who put him in his place.

Wes: He was such an arrogant, snotty blankety-blank. He totally dismissed Rob's talent. I would be curious to see how the stuff made by each contributor sold. I hope Rob's items outsold his.

Chris: He was impressive this week.

Felix: He screwed up this week but I think he will rebound, he is a fighter.

Jessica: She will not win, but this girl has been a solid performer.

Shauna: Other than doing well at the social challenges, I don't see what she brings to the table.

Liz: I like Liz, but she seems to rub people the wrong way.

Rob: He did double duty this week. He worked on the clothes and he hustled up business.

James: He was a bit obnoxious with Liz and he did seem high-strung. Why blast Liz for saying that she didn't care about the set up. She was simply saying that she supports his idea. His exit was very gracious.

The Show: Since the challenges have short timeframes, why have the social challenge take place at the same as the design challenge. This design was a 24 hour challenge. Why couldn't the social challenge be at one part of the week and the design challenge be at another part of the week? That way you can get full team participation on the design challenge.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by aga

The Show: Since the challenges have short timeframes, why have the social challenge take place at the same as the design challenge. This design was a 24 hour challenge. Why couldn't the social challenge be at one part of the week and the design challenge be at another part of the week? That way you can get full team participation on the design challenge.
    This is a good question, but you need to remember that the shows aren't in "real time," i.e. what takes a week to air doesn't take a week during the show shoot. The show will have, what, 16 episodes lasting 16 weeks, but the contestants are only in New York doing the shoot for about 3 weeks to a month. When we see an episode, it took 2 days to shoot, and the next week's episode occurred just a few days after that. So there's a designer being eliminated about once every three days in "real" time, therefore they lack the luxury of splitting up the social challenges with the skill challenges.

I'm hoping that the other designer that James met when he went to his house was a man of his word and hired him on the spot. He distinctly told TH "If you don't hire him, I will."
    I am not believing that James is gone. I hate when they dont take past successes/dismal failures into account and make a tragic mistake for a cut.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by castingdirector
    This is a good question, but you need to remember that the shows aren't in "real time," i.e. what takes a week to air doesn't take a week during the show shoot. The show will have, what, 16 episodes lasting 16 weeks, but the contestants are only in New York doing the shoot for about 3 weeks to a month. When we see an episode, it took 2 days to shoot, and the next week's episode occurred just a few days after that. So there's a designer being eliminated about once every three days in "real" time, therefore they lack the luxury of splitting up the social challenges with the skill challenges.
    I realize that some shows are shot in a shorter time frame than the air time (e.g., Survivor), are you sure that this show was shot in only 3-4 weeks? I seem to remember an offhanded comment being made about last week when the contestant was referring to the previous challenge.

Perhaps that is a question that hepcat can ask the next contestant he interviews - hopefully James.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Wow, so few people watch this show or something? I kind of like the contestants but TH sucks.

Getting rid of the guy (James) who was the only one with any ideas and executed them was brilliant, Mr. Hilfiger. I don't know how Princess and Jessica get to escape elimination all the time. It's truly mind-boggling.

And for the record: I'd go to Felix's gun show, walking around with a wife beater. Damn! He's the sole reason I'm watching this.

Who is the wife beater in this quote??
    I am confused!
    Helen

I remember when this show first premiered and TV Guide quoted TH as saying that they had the idea of the show first but Bravo's Project Runway just got it on the air faster and how The Cut really was better. I think TH is a tad delusional. On a scale of 1 to 10 Project Runway is 10 and The Cut is a 1.

The only thing I am looking foreard to is to see Jeffs meltdown when he is eliminated. Now that will be fun.

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    The only thing I am looking foreard to is to see Jeffs meltdown when he is eliminated. Now that will be fun.
    lol ...oh HELL YES, that would be fun to watch. hopfully we can finally see Jeff "take the runway" next week.
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

FORT Fogey
    Whether we like Hilfigers line or not, he is a huge name, very rich, sells clothes, bedding and towels (to name only 3) and has his fingers in other pies. There is no way he would feel threatened by a reality show contestant. Never.

He wants to conquer another horizon and has joined reality TV with other moguls, Trump, Branson, Cuban and Martha Stewart. It is as simple as that. Get your name in the news.

He wants to do something that is currently hot.

I don't think his line is flaging. He has his audience and they will stay. He just wants some fresh buzz around his name so he can produce a new line with a different point of view that has some press ahead of time.

James apparently is not buzz worthy, so who?

Shauna, too old and conservative to give new life.
    Princess, a loose cannon who he does not trust in social situations.
    Chris, nope. He would not choose someone who brags 90% of his wardrobe is his own line.
    DeAnna perhaps, though her image needs some professional tweeking. She did some very interesting things with the conservative clothing she altered from Good Will.
    Jeff Too edgy and too old.
    Jessica, too timid, thus far, but he likes her pretty face.
    Felix, he sees something there or he would have been gone this week.
    Rob, I have no clue. He has been to quiet to really see what he can do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast