+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

This was the worst elimination out of the several suspect eliminations throughout the course of the series. If a contestant shows leadership and initiative, they are cut if the team loses.

I like Felix but he should have been cut for not choosing one of the two people who have experience running their own store, Deanna and Wes.

Yes, there was no logic in James leaving: James has good social skills, steps up and leads most of the time, and they produced a pretty good store. The only thing TH didn't like was the *gallery* name. He was completely screwed over by Felix leaving and then Jess got sick. I think TH saw James as a threat to him, and didn't want the competition.
    Felix had the choice and TH even stressed that they think about if whether or not they should go to the film festival. (his exact words escape me, but I remember thinking that they should heed his warning). Felix embarassed TH, and the team that he picked fell apart and lost because he wasn't there. But HE gets to stay??? Makes no sense at all.
    I was also surprised that the spies didn't comment about the team eating while they were in there? I realize they have to eat, but don't do it in front of customers! And the spy who said "That was so retarded!"- I lost all respect for him or his viewpoint right then and there. How professional - NOT!
    And when in the hell is Jeff going to get booted?? I cringe whenever he's on the screen because he's so bleck!
    Personally, I'm rooting for Chris Cortez. He is talented, smart and has some pretty good people skills as well. He should take it home, but the way TH is thinking- Princess will win!

James really left in a classy manner. I think TH should have given more weight to the respect the other contestants had for him.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This is off topic- but there is a Wendy's commercial that airs during The Cut (and other shows as well) and it's been bugging me who the girl in the commercial is! It seems like I've seen her on a reality show, but I can't place it. Anyone know?

I agree with the people who think that Felix should have been sent home, not James.

I do think that it was selfish of Felix to go to Sundance. First of all I think that it is a bad idea for the person who chooses the team to go to the social skills challenge. It leaves a leadership void. If a person chooses the team that person would usually be considered the leader of the team. If that person is gone the team doesn't know who is in charge or who would make the final decision. At the very least it wastes time as the group dynamics work themselves out (remember the teams are different each week). And time is a limited resource.

Secondly, in this instance Felix's decision left the team with only 4 people compared to 5 for the other team. The extra manpower would have been very handy. He couldn't have known that Jessica would come down with the flu, but even if she hadn't they would have had trouble renovating the store and buying and modifying the clothes. I don't know how good Felix would have been at any of these tasks, but he definitely was lacking in the social skills area and if he had stayed behind he could have at least swept the floor.

James, in his farewell speech showed a lot of class and in my opinion passed his social skills test. I don't know why TH was so hard on him for his gallery idea - at least he came up with an idea that utilized the resources at hand. I was sorry to see James go.

aga
    FORTified
    I don't think the choice should have been between James and Felix. As much as he frustrates me, I have to agree with TH that Felix has been consistent throughout and that gave him some currency when he was called into the pit this week because of his poor performance with the social skills challenge.

The flaw is in who he calls into the pit.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    This is off topic- but there is a Wendy's commercial that airs during The Cut (and other shows as well) and it's been bugging me who the girl in the commercial is! It seems like I've seen her on a reality show, but I can't place it. Anyone know?
    I think it's the girl from Average Joe 1

xoxo
    Jeff: that guy officially is an a**hole! What the heck is he thinking yelling at the contractors that just helped them? It is also very low of him to yell at the costumer (of the other store) that Jessica is sick. His social skill sucks! I reject actually rooting for him last week! When will he ever go away?! (I’ve been wanting him to go away since epi 1). I want him to get the F*** outta my screen FAST (like next week FAST). I agree with James that Jeff is “lucky” for always getting into the “winning” team. I hope his “luck” run out soon!

Felix: I’m surprise that his social skill is not that high. I like him but I agree with Shauna & Tommy H that he should shut up on talking about himself too much.

Liz: Lil-miss-goody-two-shoes Liz doesn’t seem like herself this week. I agree with James that somehow she doesn’t work that hard when Felix is not around. Yeah, what is up with that?

Rob: I’m surprise he was picked last. I really really like Rob, but I’ll admit, I have yet to see his leadership skill. I hope he would step it up more and not just do what he is told like a follower.

Chris: thank god Chris told it like it is to Jeff that he can’t yell at ppl like that when they just helped them. Of course, Jeff continue to act like a jacka** like he is and told Chris to shut it. I agree with Chris that he should not associate with ppl like Jeff.

James: this is just sad! This is the worst elimination since Chris S. Why was he in the pit in the 1st place again when James is the 1 who contributed the most for his team? If he did not step it up as a “leader”, his team would not even have a chance to win. I agree that his farewell speech shows that he has lots of class, and I felt sooo sorry for him at the end when he cried. You know what, James has already proven that he is an intelligent guy with great social skill. He will have lots of great offers line up for him.
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

FORT Newbie
    I am just sick that James is no longer on the show. If it wasn't for Liz and Felix I probably wouldn't continue to watch. I agree that they depend on eachother a little too much, and hopefully when the field gets a little narrower we can see who really shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    This was the worst elimination out of the several suspect eliminations throughout the course of the series. If a contestant shows leadership and initiative, they are cut if the team loses.

I like Felix but he should have been cut for not choosing one of the two people who have experience running their own store, Deanna and Wes.
    This decision is as questionable as last weeks when Hilfiger announced the contest was all about “communication” and gave Julie the boot because of “lack of leadership”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast