+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by aga
    I missed the first part, why was Felix deemed selfish for going as opposed to others who have chosen to go to the social challenge?
    Well, that seems to be a running theme on this show. Whoever gets choosen to go to the outting is automatically deemed selfish for going. I really don't understand that. I mean, SOMEONE from each team has to go the the outting, correct???
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

okay... where are all the FORT folks????
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Ok…I started this show thinking that Hilfiger was less than impressive and during this show his dependence on other people to help him decide what was and what was not fashionable and creative showed the man has a real lack of talent. Tonight he throws all doubt about that lack of talent when he tossed on of the best and brightest off the show.

I got the impression that no one HAD to go this time. I think TH said that, but I can't swear to it. If I had been chosen team leader I wouldn't have gone.

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Well, that seems to be a running theme on this show. Whoever gets choosen to go to the outting is automatically deemed selfish for going. I really don't understand that. I mean, SOMEONE from each team has to go the the outting, correct???
    Those of us posting on the boards may deem them selfish, but TH has never made it an issue.

ETA:
    Felix may have screwed up at Sundance but he did show his value by being missed so much.

I guess James will be OK since the Garfield guy is going to scoop him up.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Wow... I am upset that they let him go. He seemed like a hardworking intelligent guy. And some of the others are real idiots. Stupid stupid Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    I still don't know what Tommy is looking for.
    I think this is the real point, no one knows the criteria for winning especially the contestants. I used to think that Hilfiger didn’t know what he wants but I am reassessing that opinion

My thoughts on what Hilfiger wants:
    1.) He doesn’t want any one truly creative/talented because having someone with creativity and talent would just highlight his own lack in that area.

2.) He doesn’t want a leader. The man seems to attack anyone who steps up to take a leadership role.

3.) He doesn’t want anyone who is original. Just look at Hilfiger’s merchandise, originality would not fit well here.

4.) He wants someone who will generate publicity for himself and his flagging design label.

5.) He wants someone who will look good for cameras and for the publicity people. (and something tells me he wants a member of a minority for this.)

6.) He wants someone who will just be a yes man (or yes woman)

7.) He wants someone he can quietly get rid of in a year or when ever the publicity dies down.

Two of them got to go to Sundance? I live here and don't get to go to Sundance. Too expensive. I guess that would mean this was filmed in Late Jan/Early Feb.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think Tommy notices the two people who had the most ideas from each team and the person with the idea from the losing team goes home. I guess he thinks no idea is better than a bad one. I disagree, but whatever.

I think this show is getting better week after week which is always good.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Two of them got to go to Sundance? I live here and don't get to go to Sundance. Too expensive. I guess that would mean this was filmed in Late Jan/Early Feb.
    This particular episode was filmed January 20-22 I believe, as there was a massive snowstorm that hit New York on 1/22, and when the sale was going on the night before, it actually was a bitter cold night (temperatures around the five-above-zero mark).

This means filming started just after New Year's Day, and went until sometime in February.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast