+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/30 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

So just how many bullets can Princess dodge?

^^^^
    No kidding. Princess is like a cat who's down about 4 lives.

Just an odd thought about Elizabeth.

In the past producers of reality television series have presented us with negative images of individuals who go far in the competition. Last week we were told multiple times how certain other contestants didnít like Elizabeth personally and how several thought she was less than talented. I am specifically am thinking of the time in the prop warehouse when one of the wicked stepsisters (I think it was Deanna) state that Elizabeth really doesnít know her stuff and the camera emphasizes this point by showing Elizabeth looking bewildered and lost.

Tonight we see something a little different. Elizabeth is apparently the creative and driving force of her team and she rises to meet the challenge and even Wes and Deanna have to search to find things to complain about. The show ends with Tommy H talking about cream rising to the top and while he may have said it generally it seems the comment was directed at Elizabeth.

From what I have seen Elizabeth seems to be one of the better put together contestants. She doesnít have looser stamped on her forehead and has made no real big embarrassing scene. Iím thinking she is final four material.

xoxo
    Clearly Liz's team deserves the win. the dress looks great on the model.
    for the Blue Team, the dress on the model looks tacky and messy.

Princess: wow! i'm surprise she didn't annoy me this week, which is a good thing. next week, she will be the one who chooses the team; this should be intersting.

Jessica: i don't agree with her being in the pit. i thought Shauna should have been in it instead of Jess, who (unlike Shauna) actually DID something.

Tommy: He deserves to "take the runway." 1st, he should not have redesigned Princess's original dress creation without her knowing it. 2ndly, he should not have taken the full control with the process of the dresses, being that "time" is an asset. He should have let his team mates help him (being that they want to)...this IS afterall a "team work".
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

FORT Fogey
    Princess Jeeeze. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had she not trusted Tommy and watched over his shoulder she ran the risk of being the pushy bitch whose team sends her to the pit. She did her job and probably very well. Hilfiger has not established what he is looking for in these tasks, leaving everyone twisting in the wind. Tommy stepped up as the leader and she contributed to the team effort. On the Apprentice she would have been praised.

Jessica She did her job plus hair and make up too. Makes no sense she was in the pit with 3 of her team, who did nothing, standing safe behind her. She did not contribute to the creative process. So how were they to get the model? In any project that involves a team there will be some who have to take care of business.

Tommy He hung himself, what an ego!

Ok, lemme go over it again to get it straight. If you dare to lead or take an active part you are doomed. If you do little, sometimes you are doomed (Vlada) and sometimes not (Shauna). If you do a HUGE part well but your team looses you are doomed (Princess).

IronDragon :welome Good point. We are watching a story unfold and the editing may be tipping it's hand with Liz. She certainly looks the part. Hilfigers clothes are about as conservative and boring as it gets. He likes her prepppy yet uptown looks. I have my eye on James as well.

aga
    FORTified
    I sooo can't wait for hepcat's interview with Little Tommy.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Okay, bear in mind that it's really hot and humid in NYC and I'm still getting over some dehydration, but when TH said "and tonight I'm seeing cream" I just started cracking up. That was pretty bad execution, and just too funny.

Overall - Elizabeth's dress is common, but looked nice. the pinkish one was striving for more couture - but I think Tommy H wants safe. The pink one was also bulky and ill-fitting, and could have been beautiful - but wasn't. I think the failed ambition annoyed TH more than anything. For some it's great to strive for the stars even if you miss - others only see the failure and would rather you strive for something small and succeed - that seems to be what is expected on these shows.

I'm glad littly tommy is gone, and waiting for the demise of the others - but I'm not really invested in this show.

After getting her ideas shot down by Deanna and Shauna last week it was good to see Elizabeth get a chance to show what she could do. I thought that they were very unfair to her last week. Considering that she had never designed a dress before she did well. I find it hard to believe that she didn't have some ideas, though. If she had no ideas at all why would she even want to be on the show?

I still don't think that it is a good idea for the person picking the team to go on the social skills challenge. It leaves a leadership void and puts the team in a bad position.

It was somewhat suprising that TH did not even briefly look at any of the other dresses, so as to evaluate what each contestant contributed.

Maybe I missed something, but I was waiting for someone to point out that Tommy hijacked the designs and would not let anyone else help. I don't think that it was emphasized enough, especially when Jessica had to defend herself. Maybe they did not hear Tommy say it, but he made it clear that he was going to mold Princess's design into his own vision. As much as I dislike Princess, Tommy deserved to be sent home. He was useless on the red carpet, he was rude to Julie last week and this week he took someone else's design and created an absolutely hideous dress. From his little asides to the camera he also has delusions of grandeur.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugsnkis321
    Jessica: i don't agree with her being in the pit. i thought Shauna should have been in it instead of Jess, who (unlike Shauna) actually DID something.
    Well said.

I'm really glad Tommy is gone. His ego is just too much, with nothing to back it up. Yes, he did say he was changing Princess's design, and then lied about it! Princess deserved to go only because she can't speak. I can't stand people (espcially on tv) who have to say "You know what I'm saying'?" "You know what I mean?" after every sentence. Drives me nuts!
    In my opinion Wes broke the rules by hiring the model at the party. I thought TH specifically said to go hit the streets of NY to find one, not have one handed to you!
    I thought TH was especially hard on Jessica last nigtht, and gave too many kudos to Elizabeth. That dress has been done a million times before so it's nothing new. On the other hand, the other dress was horrendous! The style, the color, the material.
    Don't like Shauna at all. I wish she would open her mouth when she speaks, but she probably doesn't because she needs some teeth whitener. and make up. and a hairstylist. and a wardrobe stylist. Ah heck, lets just get her a total makeover for everything and call it a day...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast