+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/23 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by aga
    I think Deanna and Shauna unfairly went after Liz, but at that time The Cotton Club team did not know they won, so it became about who do we serve up to Tommy to be called into the pit. In this respect The Cut is like The Apprentice and Survivor.
    At this point it's more like Survivor because it seems like you can build an alliance you can use in The Pit. On the Apprentice you have Caroline and George watching the teams and in the boardroom they will call somebody out.

I missed the first half of the show.....why was everyone all over Elizabeth's case?

Quote Originally Posted by stlcardsfan
    She does not live in Chesterfield. I can't say much more.
    Chesterfield, somewhere out in West County. It's basically the same!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    ? - does anyone know what is going to happen when they replace this with BigBrother?? Will it just go "poof"?? I'd like to know who wins this thing....
    ~*~ Maji *~

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Nevermind, just found out it moves to Wednesday.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Chesterfield, somewhere out in West County. It's basically the same!

Gotta say, as a St. Louisan, I cringed when she was making those comments. For those of you not familiar with St. Louis, we do have gay people here. African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, too. In fact, St. Louis is a pretty good sized town, and although it certainly isn't New York in terms of diversity, it is not the homogenous blend of straight white folks Julie would suggest that it is. Speaking at least on behalf of the people that actually live in the city rather than holing up in the 'burbs, we've got people from all walks of life here and are pretty happy about it.

I wish she would have gone so she couldn't continue to embarass our town going forward.

To have Shauna and Deanna shoot down every one of Elizabeth's ideas and then say that she contributed the least is just making personal attacks. I don't think that the winner is going to be the person who is best at making alliances. Character assassination is not the same as creativity. It might as some point achieve its short term goal of getting rid of Elizabeth, but it isn't going to make them winners. I don't know what they have against Elizabeth - maybe it happened in the first episode, which I didn't see. But last week Shauna was ready to quit, so I haven't seen her demonstrate winning qualities.

I thought Princess should go last week and I definitely thought that she should have been sent home this week. What has she done to demonstrate that she deserves to be there? Chris may have done a bad job, but at least he did something. For the last 2 weeks all Princess has done in prattle about herself and how wonderful she is. And last night she managed to be offensive about it.

I don't think that Julie was intentionally offensive. I think that she was just suffering from culture shock. She may be able to learn from the experience. Tommy on the other hand was intentionally rude.

I still don't even understand how Jeff got on to this show. What creative talents did the producers see in him?

I thought that studio 54 would be the easier task. The contestants might have been too young to know disco scene from personal experience, but it is still closer to their time and their has to be more documentation, so you would think that it would be easier to research. For Chris to say that he had done a paper on studio 54 and then lose the challenge, makes you wonder what kind of mark he got.

To be told that you concept was week and that was why your team lost and then taking sole credit for the concept was just begging to be sent home.
    But I still think that it should have been Princess that was sent on her way.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty

Gotta say, as a St. Louisan, I cringed when she was making those comments. For those of you not familiar with St. Louis, we do have gay people here. African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, too. In fact, St. Louis is a pretty good sized town, and although it certainly isn't New York in terms of diversity, it is not the homogenous blend of straight white folks Julie would suggest that it is. Speaking at least on behalf of the people that actually live in the city rather than holing up in the 'burbs, we've got people from all walks of life here and are pretty happy about it.

I wish she would have gone so she couldn't continue to embarass our town going forward.
    Don't you know it! That's the main thing about living here. It's clods like her that get the attention and therefore "represent" the St. Louis and the surrounding counties.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by William13
    I don't think that Julie was intentionally offensive. I think that she was just suffering from culture shock. She may be able to learn from the experience. Tommy on the other hand was intentionally rude.
    Maybe she wasn't intentionally trying to be offensive, but I was offended and shocked by her behavior. She was trying to be playful in the wig shop, but continued to chase Tommy around with a wig after he stated that he did not want to put it on. This is fun behavior with your sibling or best friend, not with a coworker that you have only met a few days ago. Very unprofessional. Even if Tommy was messing around with wigs and hats earlier that day, No Means No.

Also, as previously stated, if you want to get into the fashion industry, be prepared for people from all walks of life, countries, sexual orientations, you name it. If you do not like to work with eccentric, artistic, and sometimes temperamental personalities, get a job in some other field or remain in your hometown niche. To hand the phone to a gay person because there is another gay person on the line is, at the very least, self-defeating. It shows TH that you cannot work with diverse people, which many companies are, especially in NY, and even more so in the fashion industry.

And if you are uncomfortable with any group of people that you have not previously experienced, ACT comfortable, smile, ask POLITE questions about their culture, language, experiences, etc., and listen to what they have to say. Don't give up on someone just because they are different from you! Expand your mind and learn from them, and allow them to learn from you as well. She may find that she has more in common with gay people (and others as well) than she previously thought in her limited experience.

Totally agree - this show is a no-show

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher
    The Apprentice meets Project Runway is what I had hoped for - Project Runway was one of my favs! However, this show is so much less that either of its predecessors. I found the characters on Project Runway much more interesting than the people on this show, and even The Apprentice kept me mildly interested (at least for the first 2 seasons). I will keep watching this show for now, but I may stop if they don't actually design a piece of clothing some time in the near future! I also hope that as the teams get smaller we will get to see them do some kind of individual creative/artsy/design project so that we can see who really has the individual creativity!
    I was also hoping that The Cut would be a combo or bear some similarity to Project Runway too. Instead it apears we have ended up with people who aren't sure why they are there. Some are designers, but some are not.

I am surprised to hear Hilfiger's rude comments. And unless they are cutting out a lot of the 'pit' conversations then how does he chose who should go home? I am not liking his attitude towards the contestants at all. His "I will not tolerate this' made towards the winning team was un-called for as he made his exit. I thought to myself 'Did I miss something? What won't he tolerate? Then I figured it must be the team's quarreling, I guess !

I just feel like he is doing this show because all his friends have one - he doesn't seem very friendly or likable to me. JMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast