+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/23 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    I see this show as The Apprentice meets Project Runway. And so I watch, even though so many of the contestants are just sour and obnoxious and therefore no fun to watch.
    The Apprentice meets Project Runway is what I had hoped for - Project Runway was one of my favs! However, this show is so much less that either of its predecessors. I found the characters on Project Runway much more interesting than the people on this show, and even The Apprentice kept me mildly interested (at least for the first 2 seasons). I will keep watching this show for now, but I may stop if they don't actually design a piece of clothing some time in the near future! I also hope that as the teams get smaller we will get to see them do some kind of individual creative/artsy/design project so that we can see who really has the individual creativity!

Except that Chris WASN'T the project manager. That's what I find appauling. The design coordinator (or whatever you want to call the team leader) for the Studio 54 team selected the team, selected Studio 54 as the theme, and then, amazingly, selected himself (and a team member that he characterized as "arm candy") to go to the Hamptons and leave his team. I can't believe that TH didn't call him on that one
    That's exactly what I was thinking - I was so surprised that when he chose himself Tommy didn't call him on it then and there. To abandon your team like that? And how come James got to choose who went to the event for his team but Tommy picked on the other - and those two losers basically got saved? I didn't think Chris should have gone home yet, little Tommy annoyed me the most - and his partner in costuming. Although, if they were going with a B'DAy it should have been even more hardcore druggy/drag queen, all out make-up etc., artistry poppy etc. Unks right with the coke and strobe lights, but the VIP room was very HS prom.

aga
    FORTified
    Little Tommy is choosing one of the teams next week.

... should be interesting.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    Rats, liked Chris.

And the intolerant one is Tommy. He kept comparing St Louis to backwoods, and being from a neighboring state I felt insulted as well. Now thanks to Tommy, she's branded. People are people, and you have to learn to accept ALL of them, and Tommy doesn't like anyone not like himself. She's at least learning different ways of life, he's not even willing.
    Actually she's a good representation of a lot of the clicque-ish, snooty, blandly conservative people who live out in Chesterfield are. Believe me, I know waht I'm talking about because I work with a lot of the people there.
    They have low tolerance and high prejudice for people who do not fit their mold.

And I'm embarrassed that she acted too much like the fool about simply TALKING to another human being! She acts as if she's talking to someone from another planet! But then, like I said, she has a low tolerance for talking to anyone who isn't "on her level".
    Last edited by Kocky_Kamikaze; 06-24-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

And I think they should stop the outtings to these events because it's not fair to anyone.

Also, they kept refering to the Cotton Club as being a 20s thing... NO! It's a 30s thing! hahahaha!

Overall, not a bad episode.

Thoughts...

Princess: Girl gotta go. Anyone who would recite a poem like that in a business/social situation no matter how many people are there certainly does not belong in a high-powered company

Jeff: FINALLY, someone else can see through the crap he spews out. Arrogance is fine...IF you have something to back it up.

Little Tommy: Give me a break. Instead of going all drama on Julie and proving her point that gay people act different, he should have worked with her and talked with her to help bridge the gap of understanding. But then again, he went all 12-year-old-girl acting like an idiot with the costumes and the wig. <sigh> way to be a stereotype....

Julie: Clueless. And don't use the excuse of "I'm from St Louis. I don't know any gay people" Hello? We're everywhere and no different than anyone else. She needs to get her head out of her conservative rear and learn acceptance.

Wes: Way to go standing up for yourself when Liz attacked you (NOT) He just stood there like he always does with that deer-in-the-headlights look and let Deanna and Shanna defend him. I've not seen any leadership qualities out of him yet.

Deanna: You go girl! Becoming my favorite when I didn't think she would be. The costume design for the Cotton Club was spot on.

Shanna: Love her whole fur-vibe-diva thing she's got going. Didn't see her really doing too much last night...again.

Chris C.: Good to see him step back a bit and not go all "I'm creative and must impress Tommy" again.

The Cotton Club: Outstanding. But to be fair, we didn't really see who of the team really step up. It was implied through the costumes that Deanna did. We saw Liz get shot down and pissed off over the Horseshoe seating design which in my opinion would have hurt them tremendously. Other than the time in the prop warehouse we really didn't see any of the team members and the design BUT they pulled it all together and did an amazing job.

Studio 54: I've seen better designs at high school proms which is exactly what this came off as. Granted, they had a tough hill to climb with this one being that Tommy had actually been there so he was going to know authentic when he saw it. But just overall it was amateurish. The VIP room? How freakin embarassing...

Wow, after 3 weeks I can see 2 maybe 3 people who appear to have the goods to work for Tommy. The rest....just oddball personalities....

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    Oh good ... Princess is getting scolded for her faux pas.
    Really. She should be gone, gone, gone. What a fool.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by aga
    Blond Lady from St. Louis:
    You just screwed yourself royally.
    Yeah, really. Has it occurred to her that Tommy Hilfiger, the person she's supposed to be trying to impress, just might be gay??? I can't decide whether to give her points for honestly trying to confront a problem, or deduct them for suicidal behavior.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Actually she's a good representation of a lot of the clicque-ish, snooty, blandly conservative people who live out in Chesterfield are. Believe me, I know waht I'm talking about because I work with a lot of the people there.
    They have low tolerance and high prejudice for people who do not fit their mold.

And I'm embarrassed that she acted too much like the fool about simply TALKING to another human being! She acts as if she's talking to someone from another planet! But then, like I said, she has a low tolerance for talking to anyone who isn't "on her level".
    She does not live in Chesterfield. I can't say much more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast