+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/23 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Boy, I didn't see that coming. There are about three others I'd rather have seen leave.

aga
    FORTified
    Tommy,
    So what did you hear tonight that dissapointed you and will not tolerate? I have my theories, but shouldn't you specify. Is this a ploy to get them to figure it out on their own?
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Actually Krom, the Cotton Club re-opened in 1978.

http://www.cottonclub-newyork.com/about.html
    Wasn't it on the Bachelorette with Jen?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Newbie
    I thought the attack on liz was uncalled for. She didn't make any horrible decisions to warrant a verbal beating in the pit (whatever it is). But Liz is one of my favs.
    Princess should have left tonite, she's oblivious at times and you can see in her eyes she doesn't really know who she is.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by exzebache
    Princess should have left tonite, she's oblivious at times and you can see in her eyes she doesn't really know who she is.
    I suspect the first chance Tommy Hilfiger gets, he'll knock off Princess and Tommy. It all depends on what order that comes in.

As for this episode, Tommy and Julie blew it, and I really felt Julie was going to go. It was a surprise Chris went.

Quote Originally Posted by exzebache
    Lord. At least part of the time she looks like she's on a crack high.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, as you may know, I can't hear well at all. What was Princess saying when she was sitting on that couch and everyone was looking at her. Was it a song, poem or what?

FORT Newbie
    She was reciting some revolutionary "Focus on me poetry". An attempt to be profound ended up leaving the guests embarassed for her. Poor coco eyes, she keeps digging that hole.

I thought Tommy Hilfiger was gay???

Princess should have gone tonite, she just does not get the message.

Although I thought Julie was acting too stupid beyond belief, I can garantee you that some of the moms and dads she hangs out with are gay. I do agree with Tommy how can you be in the fashion design business and not know about gay people. But on the other hand Tommy was being a total beyotch as far as the teasing in the wig shop. I have to give Julie some credit, just because you are ignorant of a group of people does not automatically mean you are prejudice.

The Cotton Club looked better are was a well deserved win but I don't think Chris should have walked, Tommy should have as according to his confessionals he lived, breathed and was the spirit of Studio 54. He certainly was high on himself.

There were an awfull lot of commercials during the episode, are they trying to drown the series???

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    I think the reason Chris walked the plank (catwalk) was that while he had done some research on clubs of the era and written a paper about Studio 54, Tommy felt he hadn't shared in depth with his teammates - that he only gave them enough to run with. Also - perhaps the ambiance Tommy was missing was the smell of marijuana in the air? The "party" room looked like a cardboard cut-out, unfortunately.

The Cotton Club was featured on Jen's Bachelorette (Frenchy Kiss), but wow - it did look like it needed a makeover. I was pleased with the final product. At least I got in the jazzy mood with the live band with singer, swing dancers and cigarette girl.

The Hamptons was bizarre. As bizarre as the red carpet interview sketch last week. Smoozing and trying to impress the big fish in bigger ponds truly trashed Princess and Jeff, both of whom seemed way out of their element.

Tommy declared his disappointment with everyone's behaviour (daddy dearest), turned his back and left the Gothic chamber. There is nothing like disapproval to give nervous contestants incentive.

Next week they all get to design something - clothing, perhaps, maybe, hooray.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast