+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 6/16 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I cant see fabulous as a Russian Orthodox painting....but I guess fox has a copyright on "Idol" just like it does on "Fair and Balanced"......

Last time I checked Icons weren't living.....

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Is it just me or did Tommy peak in the late 80s....?????? Designers have been hiding their names and logos more and more often of late.....and the big H seems passe....but that could explain why he said yes to the show....

H2O
    Episode 2 of this show had some interesting elements to it:

1. Reshuffle the teams every week.

2. The People Choice task and a redesign the car task. People's choice - Good idea, social skills are crucial to being successful. Redesign the car - understanding and meeting client expectations, crucial in the design business.

3. Episode 2 allowed 2 members from each team to talk to the client. Good gauge to see how effective and focused these team members are.

4. Have an expert and the client provide feedback. More balanced that way.

I like the way TH isn't all that impressed yet. I'm not either. I do see several of the players focused while other getting bogged down in the petty social stuff.

I liked TH ending line "Don't waste my time". So far, this show isn't wasting my time.

Shauna was a good choice for the People's Choice Awards she did a great job and seemed to fit, Tommy was a disaster.

Vlada, I think is on the wrong show - Beauty and the Geek is on another channel, and another coast, but she probably did not study the directions and ended up in Ny instead of LA. The best choice to go.

I think Princess forgot who the client was, she failed miserably in the assignment, she designed this car to fit her style not Fabulous. Who cares if he likes Vanilla fingers?

Chris, in one sense I like him, as far as he focuses on the assignment, listened to the client and gave the client what he wanted. He is ambitious but not always a team player or a leader. It is not all him, he also arrogant and demeaning to woman, I think he would be an incredible difficult boss to work for. I liked how he blew it on the headcovers.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I'm really hating the death den Princess Trash created. How many animals died for that bitch to fail?
    I feel the same way.

FORT Fogey
    I saw TH on the Early Show before the show premiered, and he was going on about how it was going to be a tough show - the challenges were harder and shorter than the Apprentice, etc. They also discussed whether he had a catch phrase like Donald, and he said yes, but wouldn't tell...

The host (can't remember her name, she wasn't a regular) said she was thinking of "You are SO Last Season" as her guess, and he said she was close... he should take her idea, as his is too LONG and boring.

It'll be interesting to see how Chris behaves next week. I think he thought he was the team leader this time because he got to choose the team... then again, he did step up last time and tried to be a leader.

I really like the idea of switching up the teams each week, and TH telling how the order would be in advance was a good way to see if it affects some of the picks, as well as shows him who the candidates value and want to work with.

Still not sure about this show yet. Princess made me want to puke and I was getting pretty tired of her confessionals. Get over yourself already! I was hoping she would go last night since she obviously thought she did so well.
    Jeff seems really out of place- can't put my finger on why he doesn't seem to fit...
    One of the problems I saw was Fabulous wouldn't just tell them what he liked! Why play games? It almost seemed like he didn't know what he wanted.
    Hated the way they took two very expensive cars and decorated them- for one guy who can BUY his own SUV. What a waste. (like someone else said- spend the money where it is needed- and there are plenty of places in this country where it is needed!)

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    My cocopuffs are Bling-o-licious worked pretty well with my nine year old ....the rest of the house just groaned.....

How about "Princess thought her SUV design was bling-o-docious but she was sorely mistaken."

I think we're ready to take the SATs again.

aga
    FORTified
    I loved the part where TH asked Princess and Vlada what they learned about the client and they were so proud and boastful that they found out that his favorite color was blue and that his favorite food was Vienna Fingers.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O
    Episode 2 of this show had some interesting elements to it:

1. Reshuffle the teams every week.

2. The People Choice task and a redesign the car task. People's choice - Good idea, social skills are crucial to being successful. Redesign the car - understanding and meeting client expectations, crucial in the design business.

3. Episode 2 allowed 2 members from each team to talk to the client. Good gauge to see how effective and focused these team members are.

4. Have an expert and the client provide feedback. More balanced that way.

I like the way TH isn't all that impressed yet. I'm not either. I do see several of the players focused while other getting bogged down in the petty social stuff.

I liked TH ending line "Don't waste my time". So far, this show isn't wasting my time.
    I agree. A huge missing link, for me, is the winners job description. Without that, we are left to wonder how these tasks are relevant.

I like the faster pace but the editing was choppy and I was left with the feeling that I missed details that would have been interesting.

Tommy has made millions so he does not need this recognition. His logo is on T-shirts sold by street vendors in the Village to discount stores. I suppsose it is another horizon to conquer. I have no clue how he is regarded in the industry by his peers. You don't see stars talking about wearing Hilfiger. I have never been impressed with his line, very conservative and I agree with the poster who said 80's. He was a hot new name back then.

He has my attention primarily because this is a new splashy network reality show in prime time.

+ Reply to Thread