+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rob

FORT Fogey
    I had an opposite reaction to his rap about giving to his kids. It did not seem geniune.

His kids are step children and that tells us that he went from giving it all to himself to a premade family. Seems any guy in this situation would be thrilled with the idea of being able to spend $500 on himself for a change. Just sounded like he was trying to get the need points from Tommy.

I like him though. He is a really nice guy and good for him for taking on a huge family!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I had an opposite reaction to his rap about giving to his kids. It did not seem geniune.

His kids are step children and that tells us that he went from giving it all to himself to a premade family. Seems any guy in this situation would be thrilled with the idea of being able to spend $500 on himself for a change. Just sounded like he was trying to get the need points from Tommy.

I like him though. He is a really nice guy and good for him for taking on a huge family!
    Are you saying that a man's not capable of loving and considering stepchildren as if they're his own biological children?

How long has he been in the stepfather role?

Some people put family, regardless of how it's made, first and themselves last.

I think he's very genuine.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsnkis321
    i really like Rob; definiately my fav! i like the idea that he want to stay true to himself and doesn't put on an act to impress Tommy H.
    also he is such a nice family man. it was very sweet to hear that he doesn't spend much money on himelf but to his kids. i'm sure winning this whole competition is to give his family a better life and not for himself as well.

btw, i like his design of clothes; i find them to be very cool.

though i gotta say, it's a shame that he doesn't get much airtime compare to the other contenders, like Princess and Jeff.

i know winning this competition should really be base on talent, and i hope Rob have lots of talent (i'm sure he does) because i would like to see him win. (i'm a sucker for seeing nice people winning)
    You've completely read my mind.

I think that Tommy H. can sniff out a BS-er. Tommy H's really impressed that Rob has class and tact and doesn't put on any artificial personnas and can be very gracious in a social situation.

I feel that he will be at least the top 3.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Are you saying that a man's not capable of loving and considering stepchildren as if they're his own biological children?

How long has he been in the stepfather role?

Some people put family, regardless of how it's made, first and themselves last.

I think he's very genuine.
    Absolutely not! You are inserting things between the lines that are not there. I never even used the word, love.

I should have said, most parents sacrifice for their kids and would be thrilled to receive a gift for themselves under these conditions, especially one who faced the experience of instant family. You often hear of the huge adjustments that step parents face in this situation, not the least of which, is getting used to new priorities.

Hey, I said I liked the guy.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-02-2005 at 11:31 AM.

You've completely read my mind.

I think that Tommy H. can sniff out a BS-er. Tommy H's really impressed that Rob has class and tact and doesn't put on any artificial personnas and can be very gracious in a social situation.

I feel that he will be at least the top 3.
    Being able to attend a social function without reciting erotic poetry is an admirable trait but does it truly make the man a contender for one of the coveted top spots? As of yet we have seen nothing in the way of either leadership or creativity from Rob. Iím not saying he is without talent or leadership abilities but he has yet to display either. Several other contestants have shown the ability to handle the social challenges with grace and style AND also displayed some creative talent and/or leadership skills. Given the presence of Princess, Jeff and Jessica I donít think Rob is in any danger of being told to take the runway anytime soon but if he wants to make it to the final three or four he is eventually going to have to step up to the plate and do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Absolutely not! You are inserting things between the lines that are not there. I never even used the word, love.

I should have said, most parents sacrifice for their kids and would be thrilled to receive a gift for themselves under these conditions, especially one who faced the experience of instant family. You often hear of the huge adjustments that step parents face in this situation, not the least of which, is getting used to new priorities.

Hey, I said I liked the guy.
    Ah! I'm sorry, I misinterpreted what you wrote about Rob and his sacrifce.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDragon
    Being able to attend a social function without reciting erotic poetry is an admirable trait but does it truly make the man a contender for one of the coveted top spots?

This show is so odd that I really don't know what can propell someone in the top 3. I'm honestly lost in what Tommy H. is even looking for in a winner.

As of yet we have seen nothing in the way of either leadership or creativity from Rob. Iím not saying he is without talent or leadership abilities but he has yet to display either.
    But Chris S took showed great leadership although they lost the competition. I think that Chris S should still be in the competition. The decision to cut him is perplexing to me. It's perplexing just like how they had to pimp out a ride.

Several other contestants have shown the ability to handle the social challenges with grace and style AND also displayed some creative talent and/or leadership skills. Given the presence of Princess, Jeff and Jessica I donít think Rob is in any danger of being told to take the runway anytime soon but if he wants to make it to the final three or four he is eventually going to have to step up to the plate and do something.
    That's all the way around TRUE!

This show is so odd that I really don't know what can propell someone in the top 3. I'm honestly lost in what Tommy H. is even looking for in a winner.
    Agreed. The criteria for winning is just vague. I am suspecting that Hifiger himself has no idea.

But Chris S took showed great leadership although they lost the competition. I think that Chris S should still be in the competition. The decision to cut him is perplexing to me.
    I think I have to disagree. Chris S. set himself up as leader but he didnít have follow through. He didnít get sent home because his team lost the competition, he didnít even get sent home because his team bombed the completion. He got sent home because even though he supposedly had the insight into what Studio 54 looked in its heyday yet he didnít share what information he had with his team or provide them with direction or vision. And letís face it, the remake of studio 54 was pathetic even without comparing it to the remake of the Cotton Club. They had no organizing theme (sorry, but the birthday party thing was just lame) and no direction. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I donít think that the designers were in costume at the club but rather just standing around unlike their Cotton Club counterparts.

What perplexes me is that Chris S. didnít see or grasp just how badly his team failed. It seemed he really thought they did a good job. Maybe his team should have visited the other teams club he would have learned something.

Did Chris S. deserve to get sent home? Yes he did.

It's perplexing just like how they had to pimp out a ride.
    I think its called ďfillerĒ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12