+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was it Really Hank?

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf
    Yup, it's all about ratings and what the network execs think will keep us loyal, dedicated (gasp! cough! choke!) viewers coming back for more. Whatever the supposed "majority" viewer trend is at the time is what the ending of these shows will reflect. Do we want a nice, happy, "logical" (whoops, how did that slip in there), then that's how it will happen. Or, is it time for 'truth or dare' - then time for a shock ending and someone cries an ocean of tears because the "chosen" one is not treated fairly. BooHoo!

As this was a nice, ahwwwww, shucks ending - don't think it will last.

Yikes, these reality shows sure make you cynical.

Being cynical keeps you from being made a fool of.I think all this reality shows have more in common with Joe Schmoe than they are willing to admite.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin
    not everybody voted for Robert for a joke. Some people really believed in the premise of the show, and if you did, Hank was the one hands down. To me they confirmed their true feelings when they did not marry...and say what you will...the look in both their eyes said it all...unless you are blind.
    I agree.........I liked them both and thought they made a great couple.

And I don't think it was rigged since there were more mature people (with a mentality greater than that of your average 16-year-old) out there voting for Hank than there were people who thought it would be funny in Robert won.

Erin currently holds the record for getting the most dollars, hotest man, and love from a reality show. Chad called in to tell Regis that he and Erin were falling in love after Kelly dissed him as a waste of Erin's hard won money. You should check out the latest issues of InTouch Magazine and US magazine at your local book store . There are good articles on how in love the couple is with each other. They are getting ready to live together.

It is amazing that some people are claiming that Hank and Lisa are in love. I never once heard Hank say he loved Lisa. His strongest words were I like you a lot. Talk about a boring couple. Hank admitted that he and Lisa have spent limited time together and need a chance to get to know each other in the latest article that I read on this site. This was very obvious throughout the show that the men had very limited time with Lisa. Unlike other similar shows, Lisa did not spend leisure time at the house getting to know the men. The limited time was mainly spent on silly meaningless activites like picking out women's clothing, cooking a meal, and street hustling. This is why I always thought the requirement to get married on the show and stay married a year was unfair and unresonable unless someone just wanted dollars or truly believed in love at first sight.

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    I agree. I think they will get married but on their terms. I figure that they have a better chance to really tie the knot than Erin and Chad of FLOM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer62

And I should know since I'm from Tallahassee.I guess They called in Their favor from Jeb.
    Hey, just want you to know I was NOT dissing Tallahassee!

Sugarlady [/Quote]
    It is amazing that some people are claiming that Hank and Lisa are in love. I never once heard Hank say he loved Lisa. His strongest words were I like you a lot. Talk about a boring couple. Hank admitted that he and Lisa have spent limited time together and need a chance to get to know each other in the latest article that I read on this site. This was very obvious throughout the show that the men had very limited time with Lisa. Unlike other similar shows, Lisa did not spend leisure time at the house getting to know the men. The limited time was mainly spent on silly meaningless activites like picking out women's clothing, cooking a meal, and street hustling. This is why I always thought the requirement to get married on the show and stay married a year was unfair and unresonable unless someone just wanted dollars or truly believed in love at first sight.[/QUOTE]

As I remember, all of the Cupid dates following the category dates were one on one, which was a big improvement over FLOM or The Bachelor that continued to have group dates closer to decision time. Editing the dates for each of the guys down to 5 minutes made it look like they were only together for a short amount of time. I think Lisa's dates were more on the ordinary side which helped her get to know the guys individually, not together as a group as Erin did at the Mansion. I will admit that only time will tell whether Lisa and Hank do get married, and since there was no lag time with this show, they are under the microscope from the very beginning, not like Erin & Chad who kept the secret for 3 months. But then Erin & Chad were not EXPECTED to marry like Lisa & Hank or Trista & Ryan or Andrew and Jen. (I'm not counting Evan & Zora because I think they may be the only couple so far that Hank & Lisa have beat)
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by IheartCupid
    Hey, just want you to know I was NOT dissing Tallahassee!

I know you weren't.you're cool IHeartCupid

for true love and for crappy shows like this.
    Last edited by palmer62; 09-20-2003 at 11:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12