+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cupid -- The Most SCRIPTED Show Ever.

FORT Newbie

Cupid -- The Most SCRIPTED Show Ever.

I really feel bad for people who believe this show was real. This show MIGHT have been real in the first two weeks -- but even in the early rounds where they showed Lisa going around the country picking guys -- the creators of the show obviously threw in guys in Gladiator outfits for comedic value.

It was funny at first, but as the show wore on -- and you knew that the finals would match Hank against Robert because it would make good TV -- it got old.

FAKE!

Premium Member
    Yep, totally phony - I think they made it up as they went along. I don't buy that they turned down the money in a sudden burst of self-respect, either. I think that was scripted as well.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I agree...it seemed too good to be true...and it was...

But, hey...I liked the audition process!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones
    I agree...it seemed too good to be true...and it was...

But, hey...I liked the audition process!
    Me, too! That was hilarious.

I don't think they needed to plant the audition with weirdos. If 500 guys showed up at the audition, there might have been 5-10 standouts, 450 average, perfectly nice but dull guys, and 40 weirdos. They showed us the standouts and the weirdos.

I have to agree that everyone knew that it was going to come down to Robert and Hank. I knew that Dominic whould be gone first followed by Evan, leaving Robert and Hank. Hank won because the show is scripted. I am sure that they will get some sort of consilation prize for not getting married.

FORT Newbie
    I've always been curious if the those responsible for counting the phone call-ins, really gave us the accurate numbers?

I've never seen where they were viewable.

In today's atmosphere of everyone maniuplating "the numbers" to get what they wanted - ie. wall street, politicians, murderers, TV producers - one becomes jaded as to whether real honesty exists in our society any longer.

Since you can vote as many times as you want the votes would be meaningless any way. As someone pointed out earlier, they did not even other to set up a voice mail greeting by the guy you were voting for. But it would be interesting to see the so called real numbers for Hank and Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu_SC
    I've always been curious if the those responsible for counting the phone call-ins, really gave us the accurate numbers?

I've never seen where they were viewable.

In today's atmosphere of everyone maniuplating "the numbers" to get what they wanted - ie. wall street, politicians, murderers, TV producers - one becomes jaded as to whether real honesty exists in our society any longer.

Robert was the winner~~~~ We have been robbed of a good "Reality TV"!!!! Somebody call the cops on Simon!

+ Reply to Thread